It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Slaves Now a ‘Disposable Commodity’ at ‘Historic Low’ of $90 Each

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

"Black humour", that's funny but you do know they are not all black right?

Of course black humour isn't everyone's bucket of fried chicken.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

So it would cost about,

$270, 000, 000

to free them all.

Correction, it would cost $2,700,000,000. Still do-able.

BUT

Such things take more than money. Culturally it would cost whatever it takes to completely overhaul the economy and contingent cultural values that accommodate the situation. Else we'd need to keep buying and setting free over and over.

Not so do-able. ...And notice the number of posters who say they'd like to own at least one slave. I honestly don't get where that's coming from - I can see fantasizing, but not even verbalizing, never mind acting.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Reaper2137

Just out of curiosity, do you have a preference between a human slave or a fully functional robot slave?

Or is price the only factor that concerns you?

...If you got free room and board, would you like to BE a slave?

reply to post by Hefficide

Human robot who cares and yeah why not lol..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
At $90 per, it's cheaper to let sick slaves die and just buy a new one when they break. CNN broadcast this video on March 7, 2011.

...the price of an individual slave has actually fallen to a historic low, to just $90 a person in some regions.

Besides prostitution, slaves are used in manufacturing, farming, food processing and healthcare.

speaking of which, the Øbama health reform Law that made it mandatory for individuals to buy
health coverage...Is a direct link to why these slave-labor people are now expendable.

the coup-de-gas will be when the administration grants the health coverage 'Waiver'
to these 'slave masters'
the wavier from participating in costly health coverage that now has a list of some 800 diverse
businesses/corporations/unions/multi-nationals that claim that paying for these marginal
workers will severely effect the Profit Margins of the Firms' oligarchs

seems you can sniff out practical news, thanks

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Not sure how that follows - off the top, seems to me that universal healthcare would mean it's easier/cheaper to fix broken slaves. ???

...am also wondering how the revolutions and quakes will affect the slave market. ...Will the price go up or down? ...Wonder too what the main influences are on the slave market, for both supply and demand. Anyone know?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
reply to post by monkofmimir

"Black humour", that's funny but you do know they are not all black right?

Ah ha. Ah ha ha.

I'm not sure if you are being intentionally dense for the sake of your own stab at humor, but in case you aren't; "black humor" is not a reference to skin color, and I do not believe that a double entendre was intended. It was simply a reference to laughing at or making light of something many consider unpleasant. My apologies for being blunt, but over-sensitivities to race and people making little mountains out of those mole-hills grinds my teeth.

Back to the topic at hand...

It is unfortunate whenever a strictly monetary value is placed upon human beings. I personally don't find it funny at all, but everyone has their coping mechanisms; and it is of course terrifying that such a low value is placed upon people, of which we are all in the same boat in that regard.

However, I have little faith that civilization will ever abandon slavery. We may recognize the inherent suffering, and the potential for tragedy and so condemn it and place social sanctions (institutionalized and informal) upon regulating or (hopefully) doing away with it, but human beings are heirarchical; and within that concept of heirarchy we in part define status by wealth, and in part by dominance. The idea of dominating and owning another human being plays into those instincts and that psychology all too well.

I suspect that within my own lifetime these older, abandoned ideas may become much more mainstream as competition for resources becomes more acute, and the callousness, or simple acceptance of the idea of slavery inherent in many of the comments here does seem to confirm that to some degree.

Sad and scary. For those if you making light, or waiting for your opportunity to own another human being... Be aware of what your small actions and social-darwinist sensibilities may create for your children. Historically in cultures where slavery is acceptable fortunes can change in a heart-beat, leaving one vulnerable to being owned instead of the owner.
edit on 12-3-2011 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

I hope you remember this if and when any PTB decide to enslave you.
edit on 12-3-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Me too.

Empathy and compassion from any base is better than none at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join