It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March Mega Quake Warning Issued For United States

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

I will try and keep this last post as brief as possible.

For all those who have seen this thread take it as the perfect example that ATS is not the ideal palce to voice your alternative views. If you post from a source that the owners and mods don't like, it will be swept under the rug as soon as you can say 'IGNORANCE'.

THis thread has been placed in the Hoax forum, leading we do discover what the word Hoax realy means. The only threads you will ever come across here in the future is ones by a select few members who are on this site 24/7 and simply post every biased news story they can find, interesting or not.

For those who have showed intelligence in this thread I am humbled that you exist, but unfortunately we are the minority and even in the age of 'freedom of expression' it is highly unlikely that your voice will be heard.

Sunsequent to this thread there have been several earthquake threads with a high numner of flags, I just hope that this prediction dosn't come true because no one will have seen the warning due to its untimely demise.

Take Care,

Carlitomoore

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Amen Brother. Their was no need to put this as a hoax.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Since the source is a proven hoaxer, there was every reason to place this thread in the hoax forum without delay.

However...

Due to recent events, this is now in the Highly Speculative forum (Skunk Works) while we see how events unfold.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

It has nothing to do with "like" or "don't like." It has to do with track records and overall reputation.

If anyone follows Sorcha Faal's writings, they will know that 99% of them are outrageous, never come to fruition, and are intended for maximum fear-mongering. There are legitimate reasons to discount everything that comes from that source.

I can admit that it is embarrassing how correct this one seems to have been. But, as I stated before, many people right here on ATS gave similar and more accurate predictions than this. One poster on ATS narrowed it down to the correct portion of Japan, while Sorcha Faal just said "Asia."

I am open-minded, if Faal/Booth happens to get a few more things correct, or tones down the writing to allow facts in place of paranoia, then I am open to changing my opinion, and I think the rest of ATS staff would feel the same way. Maybe Booth has handed over the writing to someone more qualified? I don't know, but for now, everything with that name on it will still be garbage until consistently proven otherwise.

And, for the record, the thread is still "open," and the discussion is still going on. It isn't like it was trashed, it just went to the Hoax been. Nobody has been stifled from their beliefs or discussions.

ETA: See. Even SkepticOverlord is flexible and fair.

edit on 11-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
For those who have not seen the recent threads:

Japan Earthquake Tsunami

Yellowstone Earthquake

It really is quite disturbing how peoples minds work. They condemn and prediction that a life changing event may falter their swiss family robinson way of life, but as soon as an actual event occurs half way around the world you are given the impression that people would pay top dollar for a front row seat.

I don't blame people, its just their subconcious protecting them from what they don't want to hear. But know this; know matter how hard you try and pretend that you are safe in your own little bubble, nature is exponetially more powerful and will gladly blow your bubble to kingdom-come if it is in the way of achieving equilibrium, which is the natural law of the world.

Maybe I have got it wrong, and people subconciously like to see pain and destuction because it makes their mundane lives seem a little mor justified. But I don't want to believe that.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Much more accurate prediction right from ATS

This is from February 7!!!

He even describes seeing in the dream the squares and the sizes of the squares, and his description is eerily similar to what many EQ webpages currently look like. And he says, "off of Japan" which is way more accurate than "Asia."

If you want to be a believer, visit a member's thread instead of a Hoaxer's website!
edit on 11-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Is Ken Ring a proven hoaxer? I understand where you are coming from and I would understand your position... If I hadn't stated my reasons for posting up front and justifying my actions throughout this thread.

The fact is that this site is full with 'Breaking Alternative News'; 90% of which wouldn't make the Daily Star (Very poor English tabloid newspaper). Threads are written with poor grammar, they don't give reasons for editing their posts ( which is almost always after coming under attack for their material), they change headlines to apper more controversial and provoking; but when you get someone like myself who wants to share something obscure, it will gladly be buried becasue of peoples preconceived notions, where the other threads will be promoted as much as possible.

I am very grateful for this site becasue for over a year and a half it taught me things thet I never knew existed, and it was once a brilliant platform to express youself on. But I can't help feeling now that I might as well be posting on Fox news.

Sorry for the disrespect, I have tried to keep this as polite as possibe. I wouldn't mind if this was moved to the Rant forum, as this is all this has become.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I know you addressed your question to Skeptic, but I would gladly apologize if you could show me anywhere that Ken Ring predicted something for Japan.

Honestly. There was a lot of information on his site, and I looked through a bunch of it, but if I missed something then please correct me. As far as I can tell, Ken Ring has nothing to do with the Headline and no connection whatsoever to what happened in Japan last night.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Yep, you nailed it screwed. I needed a good laugh today. Thank you.
Crazy stuff going on with economic affects as well and times are gonna get really, really tough I think.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
the World's plates move together.

Japan's earthquake is setting the World's plates (probably USA) to shift again.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Another ATSer that predicted this at least 1 year in advance!!

So with that, I just did a couple of hours ago another session where this time I got more specific. I asked, "Where will the next 8 magnitude or above earthquake occur," and kept my mind open. No thoughts came at first, but then "Japan" popped into my mind. I asked the same question again. And again, after a brief period, the same word came back into my mind: Japan.

And then I asked, "when will this occur, what date?" A pause, and then all that came into my mind was "March". I tried to concentrate harder for more information, and I think the number 17 came up. March 17th? I don't know. And I ended it there.

March 17, 2010

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I cant help but wonder now if this recent activity in Japan could possibly be the domino that fell and kicked up the ripple effect that will bring us closer to the dates presented in this thread. It only took a very short time before a thread appeared about Yellowstones recent activity and its possible correlation to the Japan quake.

I just think there is more to all of this than meets the eye outside of squabbles about known hoaxers. We have some time left to know that answer be it right or wrong. If it is true even the egg upon some faces will be very insignificant at that point. Lessons learned the hard way... typical....
edit on 11-3-2011 by onehuman because: typos

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by cabuki

Since the source is a proven hoaxer, there was every reason to place this thread in the hoax forum without delay.

However...

Due to recent events, this is now in the Highly Speculative forum (Skunk Works) while we see how events unfold.

Applause!
Thank you for the symbolic and genuine show of open-mindedness.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

I'm replying to my own post so you can read it again, to clarify some information about WHO made WHAT prediction and/or statement, (and also to delete some kinda inflammatory statement i made :lol
and then I'm giving you the information I said I would give in my original post.

But first, real quick
1) Ken Ring did not predict an earthquake for the Americas, only another one for Christchurch.

2) Sorcha Faal said a scientist connected to the Institute for Physics of the Earth gave a WARNING to the Kremlin, of an possible imminent earthquake for the Americas, and Asia, including Japan.

Oh, and she said that the Russian scientists generally confirmed the method that Ken Ring is using, and then she goes on to quote from Ken Ring. I think this is where the confusion is coming in.

Now, see the post I replied to, if you want, the above is the Cliff Notes.

The site I found this information on is a site called International Science and Technology Center, or, ISTC, which is apparently a clearinghouse type of place that accepts proposals for scientific studies, coordinates participants, and then tries to get funding for such studies.

The referenced study I found has as the leading institute, The Institute of the Geophysical Services (which is actually *Survey*) and is connected to the Russian Academy of Science, or RAS, and the supporting institute is The Institutes of the Physics of the Earth, which I believe is also connected to the RAS, and two collaborating institutions, one of which is Institute for Physical and Chemical Researches (RIKEN), a Japanese institution. From RIKEN's website:

After the great earthquake in the Kobe area in 1995, the government asked RIKEN to commence seismic research. The FRP started a project on earthquake prediction in 1996 that finished in 2002.

From the study information at ISTC:

Project
Print Earthquakes Precoursor Studies
General Information
Full Title
Organization of the Russian - Japanese Geophysical Observatory for Complex Studies of Electromagnetic and Seismic Precursors of Earthquakes

Tech Area / Field
* ENV-SEM: Environment / Seismic Monitoring

Status
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Project completed
Registration date 1997

Leading Institute
Institute of the Geophysical Services
Supporting institutes
* Institute of Physics of the Earth
Collaborators
* University of Electro-Communications
* Institute for Physical and Chemical Researches (RIKEN)

Project Summary
Objective
The goal of the suggested project is the deployment of a complex Russian-Japanese Geophysical Observatory at Kamchatka for the coordinated monitoring of electromagnetic and seismic precursors of earthquakes. The scientific objective of the project consists of the solution of fundamental problem of recognition, classification and physical interpretation of electromagnetic disturbances preceding the earthquakes.

The project will synergetically combine the efforts of experimentalists, engineers, computer modelers and theoreticians from different branches of geophysics in developing new approaches of the earthquake prediction.

Foreign Collaborators
The following Japanese scientists have shown strong interests in this project, and have sent support letters to the ISTC, agreeing to become the official foreign collaborators after the funding of the project is realized:
(1) Prof. Dr. Seiya Uyeda, RIKEN International Frontier Program on Earthquake Research at Earth Prediction Research Center, Tokai University, Shimizu, Japan
(2) Prof. Dr. Masashi Hayakawa, NASDA International Frontier Program, The University of Electro-Communication, Chofu, Japan.

Link to article from the rt.com January 15, 2010, Russian scientists close to solving earthquake riddle.

This is a link to Kamchatkan EMSD in Russia

Other links to institutions, or projects being studied, or awaiting funding with regard to seismology in Russia, here, here,here, here, here, here, here and here is a link to the database I used to get this information.

Also, this is attached to the Kremlin:

SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR CIVIL DEFENSE AND EMERGENCIES, ALL- RUSSIAN [The former All-Union Scientific Research Civil Defense Institute of the USSR. (Krasnaya Zvezda 9 Jan 93 p 3).]
Link

Not trying to be a smart ***, just trying to show that sometimes a suspect messenger really has a legitimate message.

edit on 11-3-2011 by sezsue because: deletes and adds again

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

reply to post by cabuki

However...

Given that you and your staff have a daunting task in maintaining this site, would it not be prudent to allow posts such as this to remain in thier respective category to serve two purposes
1) to provide the individuals posting a place to freely express thier thoughts and findings as many here do not find that same resource elsewhere and,
2) to properly and inform newer members of circumstances reguarding "Hoax" posts or other such false information.

By simply and expediantly condeming such information to the nether realms of the hoax bin you only create an atmosphere where situations like this could arise again in the future. I just think that if you and your staff and other members feel so strongly on such such matters, shouldnt you be more proactive in educating the newer or less informed members as to the reason behind your decisions, rather than chiding them and condemning thier work...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
While I think Ken Ring is onto something and I think that erathquakes are very likely to occur on or close to those dates, you cannot predict where. ken says Christchurch is due for another but it could be in Greece for all we know.

What was interesting, is that the Senai quake at 8.9 there was a flurry of smaller quakes in the days before all they all centred on the epicentre of the big one, yet no one in the world including 'scientists' (what does that term really mean?) said anything.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

You can't make a turd shine man, no matter how hard you scrub it.

MOTF!

i beg to differ.

damn beat out by Boomstix,
but i knew i saw some one put a high gloss shine on a turd some where.
next time i will just have to scan before i post.
edit on 12-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: give credit to boomstix

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Great to read this. Now I feel completely safe knowing that person is the source of this "prediction"

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by cabuki

However...

WRONG!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Once we get past March, then we can consider it a hoax.

Until then, considering recent activity, and the earthquake swarms around the New Madrid fault, lets just HOPE it turns out to be a hoax. Even a fake author might find a real source now and again, and many people are getting a real bad feeling about that area.

I don't think California is ready to go yet, it's New Madrid that's keeping my attention. Hopefully it settles down.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join