It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Govenor Signs Death Penalty Ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

(Reuters) - The governor of Illinois signed a law on Wednesday abolishing capital punishment, an issue that has roiled the state since revelations of wrongful convictions led to a decade-long moratorium on executions.

Illinois abolishes death penalty

This is great news, I don't think that any state in the U.S. should have the death penalty. Although I do think some criminals can't be reformed, I think they would be more miserable spending life in prison. I hope in the near future there is a Federal ban on the death penalty. Too many people have been wrongly imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit. How many innocent people have been put to death in the U.S.?

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I don't think that any state in the U.S. should have the death penalty. Although I do think some criminals can't be reformed, I think they would be more miserable spending life in prison.

So you would rather let a known convicted criminal live the rest of his/her days in prison, not only being a problem with the over crowding in our prison systems, but also be a burden on the tax payer? Wheres the logic in that?

join