It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first post/rant here on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hello all. Glad i finally decided to get a membership and start posting here. I've been reading through random forums for the past few months and I've decided that this place is my best source for world news that actually matters. So I'd like to start by thanking whoever created this site and all of the insightful people who contribute here. Having said that I would like to take this opportunity to rant for a few minutes so here goes.

I'm 23 and working in software sales. Over the past year or so I have undergone some pretty significant life changes, so significant in fact that I would call it the single most important few months of my life. It started when I watched the documentary "wake up call" online. I'm sure all of you are familiar with it or ones like it (loose change, zeitgeist, ect). I graduated from college just last year and at the time I was just like any other american guy. I couldn't wait to get a job and make money so I could buy myself nice things and all that stuff blah blah. But that video completely changed my life and the way I see the world. I've always been open minded, but the idea of a conspiracy theory seemed like a joke to me (you know how the media/society attaches nothing with conspiracies and those who consider them). Ever since watching that video it seems like so much more in the world makes sense. I believe 9/11 was an inside job. I believe bankers run the world. I believe that money is the root of all evil. I believe that the majority of people are fake sheeplike things that do nothing but what they're told through the media, religion and government. I've researched anything and everything conspiracy related and I can't help but believe so if not a lot of it.

So kind of on side note (sorry this isn't exactly flowing very well but that's in line with my normal train of thought). Right around the same time of me starting to research the "truth" or whatever you want to call it, I started to realize how pointless my job and money is. And I'll be honest, working in sales is rough. The place I work is like a frat. Everyone here is solely motivated by money and strippers. I can't relate to anyone here except my best friend who got me the job. So needless to say me and my coworkers aren't the best of friends. But this place pays my bills so I keep things kosher. All of the managers here are smack talkers and love to pick on me. It got so bad that I developed severe anxiety. I couldn't sleep and everyday was torturous. But then one day I had a revelation. And I'm still hesitant to say this but I feel like I had a spiritual awakening. I can't explain what triggered it but I just felt an overwhelming sense of calm and peace. And I can't help but think it is because I finally "woke up" and realized that nothing money-related matters because its all fake. My priorities shifted to things that are real, like my happiness, experiencing nature and meeting new people.

This brings me to now. I plan on living the rest of my life trying to get people to where I am now and to think the way I do. I know this is nearly impossible but I feel like there isn't a better thing I could do with my life. I feel like its a calling. I've managed to wake up some of my friends, but some of the people I care about most will be hard. My parents are extremely religious and it dominates their life. If I told them anything contrary to what they believe they would probably cry and call me crazy. They both slave away at jobs the don't really care about it and anytime I try to explain to them that this is not the natural way human are supposed to live they shrug it off and just plain don't get it. They also don't understand my distain for money. They think its weird. They're tired all the time and unhappy many nights with the monotony of their lives. They honestly look live slaves to me. I can't believe how literally everyone in this world is a slave to money and they don't even get it! I hate money more than anything else. Sure it buys you nice things but at what price?? I just want to shake every person walking around at 8am on the train with that zombie look on their face and wake them up. What can I do? What can I say? I want to help as many people as I can but it's extremely daunting. Suggestions? Thanks for reading my rant!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seberhar

I guess people don't view the introduction forum much do they?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

meh, people are just jumpy lately it's not your fault.

Someone will be along shortly to explain the rules and what not.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Welcome

Dear, anyone working a sales job feels they are living in the 9th circle of hell so I hear..
Seriously though, I do understand what you are saying. The problem is that money is required unless you decide you're up for the challenge of being "off the grid".... many try and end up being internet hobos.
Youll find great resources here and like minded individuals to bounce your ideas off of if you truly are contemplating a complete life change. I wish you luck~!

A mod will be along soon Im sure, but dont forget that you can post and earn your way to the chat room and we also have a great free radio show here.. that Im particularly fond of.
We have the politics show and music shows... and a lot of chat interaction with the shows when theyre on live. All in all, ATS is a great community and as in any community we have a few village idiots and etc.. disregard the goofs and use the info here as of all the places Ive been on the internet, this place has the best collection of information anywhere.

Again, welcome!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

hiya seberhar

Welcome to ATS hope to see you soon in the forums and i know were your comeing from..people are slowly wakeing up some faster then others ..The only suggestion i have is to keep spreading the word some will listen and some just wont get it..~~cookie

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Thank you! Sorry I didn't mean to come off as impatient

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thank you glad to be here! I look forward to contributing to some good posts.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
nice rant man i hear that
welcome to ats

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Hi seberhar, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Welcome friend! Glad to here about your awakening. A little suggestion for your parents, instead of confronting them into all the detail, shape them. Give little hints, like leaving the zeitgeist on their computers (if they use them) before leaving the house. To the best of luck on your journey my friend
!

new topics

top topics

join