It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Wagers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire and Gab1159

The date is just a focal point. To help our little minds focus on a much larger picture. We are already IN the 2012 event. Things are changing everyday almost. It is symbolic. Sure we will be here in 13 but just how?

This is where the 2012 argument was brought up as symbolic....

...Or at all times. But in this case the concept of 2012 is real to many and symbolic to many and meaningless to many others. We can head off careening into each other if you like. Or not. Because if we really want to get down to it from my understanding, all this that so many consider real may or may not be real...

So it is real to some and not real to others. So it is only real if people believe in it then? This is nonsense. That is a no win argument for anyone that takes it up with you because after 2012 comes and passes with no change whatsoever you can say it was real.

More war, more strife, more suffering.... You can say, oh yeah, but people are more spiritual now.

Things get better for everyone, you can say "see, this is what I was talking about".

The world ends, you can claim victory once again....

This 2012 following is no different than a cult.

edit on 9-3-2011 by boncho because: info

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by TerryMcGuire and Gab1159

The date is just a focal point. To help our little minds focus on a much larger picture. We are already IN the 2012 event. Things are changing everyday almost. It is symbolic. Sure we will be here in 13 but just how?

This is where the 2012 argument was brought up as symbolic....

...Or at all times. But in this case the concept of 2012 is real to many and symbolic to many and meaningless to many others. We can head off careening into each other if you like. Or not. Because if we really want to get down to it from my understanding, all this that so many consider real may or may not be real...

So it is real to some and not real to others. So it is only real if people believe in it then? This is nonsense. That is a no win argument for anyone that takes it up with you because after 2012 comes and passes with no change whatsoever you can say it was real.

More war, more strife, more suffering.... You can say, oh yeah, but people are more spiritual now.

Things get better for everyone, you can say "see, this is what I was talking about".

The world ends, you can claim victory once again....

This 2012 following is no different than a cult.

edit on 9-3-2011 by boncho because: info

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Argument? Are you having an argument? I thought we were having a discussion. You seem to understand all about this 2012. All wrapped up in your own pretty bow. This understanding then seems so monolithic that you interpret any thought outside of your already calcified perception as antagonistic and argumentative.But here I am only guessing

Me, I'm just trying to understand this phenomena though you seem to think that I am out for some kind of winners circle here.

So if you want to go on with your pigeonholing and stereo typing, I guess you will. But please direct it elsewhere because it does hurt my feelings so, do to the fact that I am such a whiny, sniveling little git of a glory hound who just can't take it any more. Mommmmeeeeeeeee.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Argument = Debate = Same thing.

I was just trying to find out if their was any validity to the idea. But you are not providing anything, so I assume my views on the matter are not far off. If they were not, I would surmise you would provide evidence to the matter.

To each their own, believe in whatever you want.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Argument = Debate = Same thing.

I was just trying to find out if their was any validity to the idea. But you are not providing anything, so I assume my views on the matter are not far off. If they were not, I would surmise you would provide evidence to the matter.

To each their own, believe in whatever you want.

dude ive been making the same argument as you for a while...

------------

seems to me that the world is constantly changing, it always has, it always will. some ppl choose to recognize some events more than others and tie it in with the mayan calender somehow, bad science. that's why we've never had 2012 class in high school or elementary before and we never will.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

It is clear that the 2012 spiritual movement is a quasi-religion, I have had this same discussion with other posters on ATS. I understand it now, I didn't before. Now that I know I will try and stay out of the 2012-spirit threads. Personally, I think they should be discussed in the religion forum. A place that I do not wish to go.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

We completely agree. It IS a religion..and a thing about religions is throughout our history so many people have been in religions and not even known it. It to them was, and in some cases is,"just the way things are". Some make a religion out of science an some turn atheism into a religion.

Most of our religions come up through history, already written, already canonized. With modifications and branches here and there what we have now is basically what we had then. But this 2012 religion is new. It is being written right now. Stop a second and think about that. I need to.

Here is some speculation for you. No proof just fantasy if you will. We know what about religion? Two things come to my mind. One is that many people find aid and comfort in it. Another is that it has been used throughout history as a binding force that serves to hold large segments of the population together and that it is used by a few to keep the masses controlled.

Now, once the date has passed and the poles haven't shifted and the sun hasn't exploded and the mystery planet hasn't pulled us out of orbit, what do we have left? Once the discredited stuff is discarded what is left is the stuff that isn't. All the more positive ,wait for it.....speculations that have been made. How ever it shakes out
Oh , and lets not forget the Christian faithful. What's going to happen to all of them when Jesus doesn't return?

All these good folk are believers and I speculate that they will gravitate to this new religion which is being written right now. Not the old patriarchs of old but the new mystics for the new age. And don't forget the manipulative ones who will be looking for ways to keep people controlled. Man, I tell ya, this stuff is boffo box-office.

Can you see why I am interested in it? However I must be honest. Unlike you I'm not completely sure there is nothing to it. I'm much like Hamlet when he said something like there is more under heaven and Earth then are drempt of in your philosophy, Horatio,

Nuff said?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
okay I bet no because if I'm right I get money, if I'm wrong I won't have to give you any money anyway.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Benjamin Franklin predicted that the end is 2012, he called it the "end of enlightment," meaning that man will stop learning 2012, indeed we are advancing at a dramatic rate in technology and science, maybe it is the end of everything that can be uncovered.

I think however that the end will be because of a global civil war, the people vs all gov. world wide people are standing up for their freedoms, look obama is giving himself rediculous power, a lot of people aren't too happy, wisconsin already started, who is next?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I respect this current train of thought you are having. It is very rational and well executed. Yes, I can relate to what you are saying and I think that is a valid theory.

Since it is in the realm of religion I will not be motivated not touch on it in the future. Some things in life are real because people say they are real, or because they believe they are real. I like to focus on things that have tangible evidence to support claims. My understanding of the world will not come through dogma.

If religions were to shift, I see dogma shifting with it as well. To know if this is correct, we can only wait and see. To state that these things discussed will happen, we will have to wait and see. There is only speculation at this point.

There is nothing more for me to comment on this subject.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
If nothing happens on Dec 21st 2012, I will personally get the ATS logo tattooed on my left butt cheek. That's how confident I am. Ill even contact the Overlord and make it official.

Ha Ha...an ATS tattoo nice but the position you chose is notsogood. Maybe on the nape of the neck...in old english.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It is NOT A RELIGION. It is a BELIEF, which is EXTREMELY different. Actually, this is meta-physics, which to my mind is the direct opposite of religion. What is wrong with thinking the world might be better? Is it THAT wrong? I prefer following hopeful theories than fear-mongerful theories. I prefer having feel good vibes around me then stressful ones.

Why didn't you have 2012 classes in high school? Are you suggesting the educational system is top notch? Our educational system (I live in Canada, but it's almost the same as the US) is seriously messed up. School is a place where you get indoctrinated and fed disinformation. Think about it, where do you think the Dark Cabal would feed his population with lies? Actually, kids are easier to feed lies to, they will believe it and not ask question. The class that confirmed this thought to me was my Occidental Civilization Class last year. So much BS about ancient civilization, Romans, Celts, Greeks and such. I think that the only two classes that are 100% true are mathematics and language (French for me, English, Spanish, etc). Think about it, the way they try to make us learn is so wrong. Receive receive receive receive. Then learn learn learn learn. Get an exam. You fail it, you're in troubles. You pass, you won't remember most of the things by the 2 weeks mark. So why didn't you have a class about it before? Because it would be too much truth for the govt. to hand to its population.

That's my interpretation of school, my opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Reading through some other threads I realized that some of us here are enormously invested in the 2012 myth. I'm interested in making a wager and exchanging information in order to bet whether or not anything will actually take place. Let's say we even wait till Jan 1st 2013 to settle it. Now maybe this comes off as unfair because if there is some sort of cataclysmic event and we both die, there's no exchange. Also if we come in to some kind of harmonic convergence and all ascend to a consciousness in which money as we know it is completely irrelevant it's pretty much void again. OR if the global economy eats it big time and neither of us have the cash to pay the other, it'll suck then too...

But I'm saying let's bet $1000 that December 22nd 2012 is pretty much exactly like December 20th. Any takers?

I thought about starting a betting pool that Nibiru never shows up.

I'm willing to put $1,000 saying it doesn't show up. I wonder how many of the believers on here will take my bet?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It is a good way to determine if true or not, lol which it is
Ask Warner bros.....
Im sure you seen bugs save the day.

edit on 3/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes indeed. We will have to wait and see. And watch. And maybe just maybe take something good away from it all and if we are very fortunate, add a little also. Boncho, it has ended up being a pleasure bouncing back and forth with you. I am done now also. See you around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join