It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Step Of Evolution= GROW UP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Waking up to the issues in the world is one thing, but saying that we need to change the rules of the people ruling over us isn't going to solve anything. Power will always try to expand power and to strive for absolute power. Look around, you see cop cars, you see schools, and then you see birds. Take a minute and wonder what makes that bird special. Eventually you should become jealous of that bird because you realize that the bird is free and you are not.
The problem is not how much power one should have but power itself. With power comes fear and with every fear you exert is the freedom that is taken away. Extinguish your fears and feel alive once again. Whenever you feel detached the Holy Breath shall return you to your desired state of mind.
Instead of choosing people to rule over you and giving them more power than yourself one should strive to become self sufficient in taking 100% responsibility for yourself. If you cannot do so and simply desire to leave your baggage on someone else, perhaps you are not worthy of the greatest gift of all which is life, existance, and love. Perhaps you should stick a gun in your mouth and squeeze the trigger because no one wants to take care of you... I don't want to take care of you. So stop complaining, recognize the you are a self-centered, ego-centric, materialistic, miserable negative person that's never gonna be happy. You are subject to your own karma (choices, actions, thoughts) along with everyone else. Perhaps when things suck you are getting exactly what you deserve, along with everyone else so don't be afraid... You're not alone.
As you can see there is really no more excuses, explanations, or arguments. If you do not grasp it by now it is because you choose not to grasp it because you don't want to let go of your attachments because you are addicted and you are addicted to the things that you like, the pleasurable stuff and you want to b*tch and moan about the bad stuff because you don't want to let go, you don't want a way out... You want to stay here and indulge. If you really wanted a way out there is an option and its called death! The fact that you don't choose that option means that you are addicted and you don't want to let go of your attachments and you also don't want to reach enlightenment. you don't want to take responsibility for your own actions so you hide behind logic and reason and science up until now but you have no excuses or argument. You are essentially a whiny little b*tch and you need to grow up, get with it, or get out. The objective of this game is not to maintain the illusion so that its nothing but pleasure. The object is to a way out of the illusion, to recognize its an illusion to find a way out. The only way to do that is to cut your attachments to EVERYTHING. Since there is a way out we know there is something beyond this, a next step. You can either take that step or you don't. dumba$$

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If you could take this and re-word it as to where it didn't sound like an abusive parent yelling at a lazy teenager, that would be great.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You speak as if you know what's coming next.YOU DON'T. How can you be so simple minded as to think oh this is just a game intended for us to find a way out...do you think that's original. Doesn't is seem as if there is a lot of work gone into life, just for that to be the answer.

But hey you go and see your genius plan through. Saying people are pussies because they don't kill them self. Dying is easy, we all do it. living is hard. So you little double dare thing didn't really work there.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjones7885

Sounds like your having problems to adjusting to other people of the world. The varieties of people through out the world are there. To give you many examples of either how NOT to be or HOW to be. If someone does or says something that you dislike. It tells you to never do that yourself.

Everyone you meet in life including your own life is an experience. An experience to help you find your way. When someone does it wrong. That is to show you either how not to do it or how to do it RIGHT. Before you can help others in the world you should start with yourself.

Sounds like you have alot of turmoil on the inside.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
If you could take this and re-word it as to where it didn't sound like an abusive parent yelling at a lazy teenager, that would be great.

You took the words right out of my fingertips!

Very lovely wisdom wrapped up in prickly pears, but too prickly!
edit on 9-3-2011 by EchoM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If people stopped relying on those things that insulated and protected them then where would they be? There is yet no valid program for the perfection of the individual, less any real faith that such a step up the evolutionary ladder is possible.

Why people believe in aliens, prophets, and man-gods. They just want to believe that slavery isn't the everlasting condition of our species.

The question of the future isn't, Who will be free? But, instead, Who will be the least of the slaves..?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think that you really think you made a good attempt at a poignant statement here. Unfortunately, your arguments tend to fall flat on their face. Not because you use extensively harsh, and antagonistic language, but because your thoughts here are really only half-formed assumptions. Assumptions which are based on equally half-formed pseudo-spiritual beliefs. For instance:

Look around, you see cop cars, you see schools, and then you see birds.

I really get what you're trying to do here, comparing natural, free animals, with society as a whole. Unfortunately, your phraseology is incorrect. For one, a "cop car" is not a sentient, self-motivated being. It is a created vessel requiring an occupant to lead its actions. Second, a school is an institution. Again, not an individualized being capable of making its own judgments. So, yes, a bird may be free—to the extent of which its wings may carry it—but that does not make having institutions and automated living somehow into incarceration. By your logic, homeschooling, and owning a bike are all you need to be free like the birds.

Obviously, that is not the truth. So, next you say:

Waking up to the issues in the world is one thing, but saying that we need to change the rules of the people ruling over us isn't going to solve anything.

This is incorrect on many, many levels. I am going to make an assumption, which is: that you are living in either America, or some other democratic nation. And yes, in America changing the ruling powers (President, cabinet, Congress, Senate) seldom brings about change. However, that is the nature of the system we have instilled. Democracy is, by nature, bipartisan. As long as you have a predominantly two-party system (Republican and Democrat) you will always have an inability to move forward because both systems are at odds about what "forward" consists of.

However, take these two examples into account: the overthrow and death of Sadam Hussein, and the stepping down of Hosni Mubarak from Egypt's presidency. These two acts—of changing the rules of the ruling class—are going to do exactly what you said wouldn't happen: they are going to solve many problems, and give the people the opportunity to embrace several more as-of-yet-unsolved problems.

Change can be beneficial, when it is paved with good intentions.

If you cannot do so and simply desire to leave your baggage on someone else, perhaps you are not worthy of the greatest gift of all which is life, existance, and love.

This is wrong on many, many levels. You obviously do not meet many people who suffer psychological and mental neuroses. Nor, I am thinking, do you live with clinically depressed, or bi-polar people. The human species is riddled with "baggage" because we are inherently faulty creatures. If you can find one person who has no baggage at all—and I mean not a single regret, complaint, or fault about themselves—you will have found a dead man.

By the same process, you list "life", "existance" (sic), and "love" as the greatest gifts of all. Please explain to me how living, and existing, are different. I consider any existent thing to be a part of life. Perhaps you meant "sentience" or "thinking", because I could understand that. Love, however, I do not see as a great gift. Love... love incites murder, causes jealousy, begins wars, breaks hearts, leads to suicide, destabilizes the brain, distracts the thoughts, blinds the reasoning, and occasionally causes happy little butterflies. Love is wonderful when you find an altruistic version of it, but when you don't... it is hardly the greatest gift of living.

recognize the you are a self-centered, ego-centric, materialistic, miserable negative person that's never gonna be happy.

And the pot calls the kettle black.

You are subject to your own karma (choices, actions, thoughts) along with everyone else.

This. This is something I see happen very frequently on a site like ATS. The watered-down Western view of Karma. Karma is not about the here and now. Your current actions do not create your future actions. The doctrine of Karma, as taught in Hinduism, and Buddhism is that this entire life is already pre-planned because of your Karmic actions in a past life. The Doctrine of Karma is a warning, telling you to be good in this life, even if things go bad, so in your next life you may be reborn closer to the godhead. "I stole some money, so my car get's vandalized" is not an example of pure Karma. This is something Westerners have invented, which I call "Instant Karma". Again, it just reflects the cultural differences. Westerners live fast-paced lives where everything must happen rapidly. Hindus and Buddhists learn to center themselves and quiet their minds, so they understand the patience behind Karmic Doctrine.

Does Karma make a little more sense to you now?

At the end of this, you bring into play addictions. Addictions to life, to pleasurable things, to feeling good, and the attachment you have to living. You call this a bad thing. You insinuate that death, and letting-go, are the two essential steps to enlightenment and waking up. Do you not see how this flies in the face of everything you have just spent your post discussing?

Let go of pleasurable things, because in life to be free you have to be happy.
Let go of attachments you have, because in life loving someone is a great gift.
Let go of life and kill yourself, because life, and existence are just the Greatest Gifts you've been given.

Please do a little more soul-searching. You might find some real answers... but nothing in this post is enlightened, or a great new discovery. Please try again.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Understand that these thought's were mixed with those who were not of my own. most of it wasn't my own. And contrary to what you assume I am diagnosed with Schizoid Personality Disorder SPD

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

so being shot at randomly by people and constantly having the birds around be killed and eaten sounds like a good life?

Im afraid the whole basis of this argument is deluded...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The problem with the people of this world is that they have been trained to make fun of anything that is unknown to them.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Right, I am going to skip past the whole "I lived in the same region for a brief period of time and have a very, very very poor opinion of people from Walnutport and Slatington" and get to the point.

The point is the next step of human evolution(I hope, as humans could always de-evolve into lesser biological life-forms doomed to become household pets of cats..) is sentient awareness. Awareness of ourselves, others and of our environment(existence around us). Something from a biological standpoint almost every human being is capable of regardless of race or gender; through either sheer mental force, life circumstances leading to an awakening or divine intervention.

Now that I got that out of the way, that region has some of the most ignorant, inbred anglo's(Anglo=English, so English American's) I have ever met and hope to never meet again. And seeing as how your miserable makes me very, very happy in a sad way.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision

I think it sounds more like an angry spirit the OP is channeling or listening to, one of those that tried to reach enlightenment during his life but became confused and killed himself and unable to move on it is now living out it's urges on the OP. Which is just my nonmedical (obviously) opinion for which I have absolutely no proof or advice other than 'don't listen to those kind of spirits'.
edit on 15/3/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My take on it is that selfishness and negative traits are part of our nature. Animals exhibit these traits as well. It's impossible to not be selfish in some way because - just do the math - there's several times more non-human dna in our body than human dna. If I recall, it's bacterial. Every single bacterium self-preserves. Every human cell in our body wants to preserve itself too. All of life has this characteristic of preserving itself. As a human society we have simply evolved to preserving our society, but in effect this achieves the same thing. By preserving society we preserve ourselves, and thus preserve our dna, which is the primary driving force of life in the cosmos.

Add up all of the disasters that have happened in the past 10 years. Cities were wiped out! Millions of people died of natural and unnatural causes. So much productivity was lost! Imagine how expensive it's just for a husband that dies of cancer. How much money and time did his parents invest in him? How much money did he invest in his family and in himself? Every one of those that died took with them a human potential. We need all the human potential we can get! Even a poor person could produce the next einstein or the next enterprising spirit that changes the world for the better - even a few people can change the world! Every time someone dies we lose something.

There're ups and downs in life and in universal processes. When we're experiencing downs it can get hard and people can start blaming. But we shouldn't forget that ups and downs are normal! We're the same people we were 20 years ago! We know a little more and our technology is better, but in a roundabout way we ARE the same. It's just that some things are beyond our control.

I don't know how to say this but .... we're not evil for being human. Wiping away the steel jungles won't make earth better. Living as hunter gatherers or in the wild won't make things better. We're evolving and going down a road that we're destined to go down. We can't turn back. The future is challenging us and we're losing faith, but as our ancestors, we will persevere!

There is huge unimaginable energy trapped in an atom. If our thoughts could tap even a fractional amount of it we could literally reshape our reality. So think positive! (be on the safe side)

I know it seems like times are hard right now. But if we could review the past 200 years we would see things are getting better. It might not seem like it, but they're! And 'better' means a higher standard of living, longer lifespans, and so on. These things will allow our society to further evolve and one day take us into space and into other realms that only exist in our imagination.

All the while the greatest tool might turn out to be the smallest one!
edit on 15-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join