It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flood evacuation exercise uk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
just thought id put this up. to day and for the next few days we are having flood exacuation exercises (am from grimsby) we had one in the town centre and also sutton on sea

www.previewlouth.co.uk...

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk...

www.environment-agency.gov.uk...

am 32 and can never remeber them doing something like this before. i wonder what they are planning for ? do they know something we dont ??

looks like there doing this along the east coast

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Good posting and very interesting.
Here is a link to BBC on the subject.
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 9-3-2011 by stavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

am 32 and can never remeber them doing something like this before. i wonder what they are planning for ? do they know something we dont ??

Why do 'they' always have to be planning something? Or why do 'they' always have to know something that we don't?

Maybe, just maybe, they are just preparing.....You know, in case something happens (which from looking through history, we know it will).

Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

just seems strange they do it now and not every year... and as i said i cant remeber them doing one before.. i never said it was a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
reply to post by Rising Against

just seems strange they do it now and not every year... and as i said i cant remeber them doing one before.. i never said it was a conspiracy.

Apologies If I came off rude in my last post. It's just a little bit annoying when some here believe everything is a conspiracy all the time (not that you are saying this of course (although that's what It seemed like), I'm talking in general with some here).

Anyway, I don't really see It as strange tbh. They have to do these checks at some point after all, and It's better now than when It's too late really. I can remember we had terrible floods a few years ago in the summer time as well (I'm not sure how bad grimsby was hit but I believe It was hit fairly hard.), so perhaps that's a reason for them doing it now rather in, let's say, October for example. They don't want to see a repeat.

Just a thought.

i never said it was a conspiracy.

You posted it in "General Conspiracies"

edit on 9-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Heard it on the radio yest mate. We got them here too on the South Coast. Remember hearing that the control centre for the South is set up in Fareham.

I thought it was a bit random too...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You think that is strange?

Here on Merseyside we had emergency drills for a possible EARTHQUAKE!

Here's the related thread and here are some of my thoughts on it being possibly conspiracy related.

These drills do seem to be more frequent, but that could possibly be due to the fact that I am now consciously looking out for them. In the US they are certainly on the increase. Some of the stuff they get up to make ours look like child's play.

edit on 9/3/2011 by LiveForever8 because: spelling laaaaaa

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Most people have forgotten now but the entire east coast of England was flooded in 1953. It was called the The North Sea flood of 1953. According to some sources it was:

"one of the most devastating natural disasters ever recorded in the UK. Over 1,600 km of coastline was damaged."

We're long overdue for some flooding. Comet Elenin combined with planetary alignment = higher tides.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join