It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoridated water Vs Non-fluoridated water. Notice any difference?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So as many of you know, fluoride is a big controversy on ATS. Wut what are some negative emotional, mental, and physical effects of fluoridated water? I heard it suppresses the pineal gland, but is there a noticeable difference vs non-fluoridated water?

For those of you who currently drink fluoridated water, do you notice any difference on how you feel vs fluoridated water?
edit on 9-3-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Here's some of the relevant info:

Severity of symptoms depends upon the amount of fluoride ingested. These include abdominal pain, diarrhea, dysphagia, hypersalivation, mucosal injury, nausea, vomiting. Electrolyte abnormalities including hyperkalemia, hypocalcemia, hypoglycemia, and hypomagnesemia may occur. Neurological symptoms include headache, muscle weakness, hyperactive reflexes, muscular spasms, paresthesia seizures, tetanic contractions, and tremors. In severe cases, multi-organ failure will occur. Death typically results from cardiac arrest, shock, widening of QRS, and various arrhythmias occur.

Fluoride_toxicity

The first occurrence of fluoridated drinking water on Earth was found in Germany's Nazi prison camps. The Gestapo had little concern about fluoride's supposed effect on children's teeth; their alleged reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to sterilize humans and force the people in their concentration camps into calm submission. (Ref. book: "The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben" by Joseph Borkin.)

fluoride in ww2 camps

I'm lucky enough to live in a city that doesn't needlessly add fluoride to the water. Something to consider, the fluoride added to water is chemical WASTE products. Any dentist, an honest one, will tell you using water with fluoride in no way protects childrens teeth, in fact, it can help cause dental fluorosis. Drinking it has no impact on teeth but potentially has an impact on other bodily functions.

Calcium fluoride is good and natural, sodium fluoride is what they add to the water.

I can say this much, the city I grew up in does indeed add fluoride to the water, I've been out of there 15+ years and I can't nail down anything specific other than I feel much better. There are too many factors at play to say it's the lack of fluoride though.

No fluoride in my toothpaste, no fluoride in my water, and my parents refused the fluoride program when I was in school. Out of everyone I know i still have the best teeth. I made it to 30 before a single cavity. Those who use fluoridated water and toothpaste? Jaws of metal now friend.
edit on 9-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
How do you know if your drinking water? Presuming it comes through taps?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by megatracker

It's added to the water by the municipality, you'd have to contact the local water treatment center to know for sure. Or have it tested I guess. No city is trying to hide the fact they are adding it so it's rather easy to find out.

www.voteoutfluoride.com...
I used the above link to confirm my home town did indeed fluoridate the water. Should be able to find the info you need.
edit on 9-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If the manufacturer of whatever you are eating or drinking is in a fluoridated water zone then you are being fluoridated.
Water is a major ingredient in almost everything, do you think they are using natural spring water to make all your sodas, beers, milks, juices, etc? They are over loading us all on this toxin and the affects are very apparent, and intended.
edit on 9-3-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

I can say this much, the city I grew up in does indeed add fluoride to the water, I've been out of there 15+ years and I can't nail down anything specific other than I feel much better. There are too many factors at play to say it's the lack of fluoride though.

Huh, would you say you feel happier? Calmer?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Actually I think Alex Jones might have covered this, most bottled water, cola, juice, etc, made in the US is made from municipal water tables. That's right, the water system your taxes paid for, and keep paying for. They use it, FREELY, then charge a price, great deal for them.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Calmer? No, fluoride actually has that calming passive effect. I just feel better, healthier. I found the time i spent in the other city just depressing, almost a constant state of mild depression. Like I said, I really can't say fluoride had any impact on any of it, but I was unaware of the fluoridation until I moved here.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I really don't understand why they would even think of putting fluoride in the water for benign purposes. When you're at the dentist and you do a fluoride rinse, the whole point is that it's in contact with your teeth isn't it? When you brush your teeth or use mouthwash, you're letting your teeth absorb the fluroride or whatever. If you drink small amounts in water, it just goes straight past! I mean, I'm no biologist.. just doesn't seem to be and rational or useful point to adding it to water to me. And you're not even supposed to swallow tooth paste or mouthwash, its bad for you so why would they want people mandatorily consuming fluoride?

In the UK, I always have to leave my tap running a couple minutes if I want tap water because when you first fill up a glass (at least in the flats I lived in) the water is all murky, you can see all this gunk floating around - it's really off-putting, looks like swamp water or something. If you run the tap a bit, you don't see it anymore. I eventually just started buying two big bottles of water to drink directly from the corner shop every day, don't even know what that stuff is in the tap water lol just use that in the kettle
edit on 9-3-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Cheers for the info, I'll definitely check it out.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Yeah my girlfriend's house is the same. The water comes out grey and disgusting. I just figured it was all the sh*t from the pipes..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Why would they go to the trouble and expense of putting flouride in the water, they can't care about your teeth that much.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I just started using fluoride-free, all-natural toothpaste, and my teeth feel cleaner than they ever did using mainstream brands. Haven't noticed any psychological or physiological changes, probably due to the fact that toothpaste represents such a small portion of the fluoride we're forced to ingest on a daily basis.

But hey, my teeth are cleaner, and every little bit of fluoride you can avoid helps.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You are posting a tread like this and you didnt even bother to
do any research for yourself?
There is a vast amount of research on the web about this,. HELLOOO

wow,.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther
I just started using fluoride-free, all-natural toothpaste, and my teeth feel cleaner than they ever did using mainstream brands. Haven't noticed any psychological or physiological changes, probably due to the fact that toothpaste represents such a small portion of the fluoride we're forced to ingest on a daily basis.

But hey, my teeth are cleaner, and every little bit of fluoride you can avoid helps.
Well from what I understand,.
It takes quite a while for this to leave your body,.
But it stays in your bones,.
So,.. it may take a while before you notice any changes,.
Try to take note of how you feel now,.
how your thinking process is currently
your alertness,..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Notice any difference?

Yeah, my teeth are cleaner.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
My cousin moved from a town that fluoridates to well water, checked by independent lab as to heavy metals and all. She had been diagnosed as having hypothyroid and had taken medication to provide more of the thyroid hormone for her body. Once she had been living there and drinking the well water for like 3 months, she was able to stop taking the thyroid medication. Her nails and hair, which had been brittle, came in strong and nice. Now, of course, it took longer to see a diff in her hair than in her nails. She also had more energy, stopped having brain fog and her body temp rose to normal. In the past, if she was not taking thyroid meds, her body temp would be like 97.2 on a summer day while moving around (walking, cleaning, shopping). She stopped feeling like she needed 10 hours of sleep at night and a nap in the day. There was a huge difference in how she felt and thought and looked.

The fluoride binds with the G-coupled protein receptors and fools the body into not making more thyroid stimulating hormones.
fluoridealert.org...
So, you go to the docs, take a thyroid TSH test and it comes back normal, because your brain doesn't order your body to make the extra stimulating hormone. Take away the fluoride and your brain then learns it needs to send out the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone to make more thyroid. You feel better, look better and are better.

After seeing how much better she got, I don't drink anything that has a chance for fluoride in it, even tho it never seemed to affect me.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oberlin
Notice any difference?

Yeah, my teeth are cleaner.

Gotta wake up out of your coma sometime, this is a good start...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well I live in London UK where they don't put fluoride in,, I can't say I have noticed a difference when I have lived in other places apart from one

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is something everyone needs to research for theirself. Not all places in the us have it added to their water in fact many places the flouride is naturally in the water. Other places have had it removed years ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join