It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next out break H5N1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
mod's feel free to move this to the right thread i thought this would be ok for it has not been confirmed, yet. one of the things i keep track of is well this, new strain of FLU 85% mortality! yes 85% fatal note the date for i have to confirm this CDC WHO or other angencys
Cambodia's deadly virus: 85% mortality rate

english.pravda.ru... from the link

Ladies and Gentlemen, the next Black Death, a global pandemic of catastrophic proportions, has reared its ugly head in the Far East, home to many pandemic viruses. This time it is not a 30 per cent death rate, it is an 85 per cent death rate. It is called the Cambodian Avian Flu virus.
from the WHO again note the date, Avian influenza – situation in Cambodia - update

25 February 2011
www.who.int...
edit on 9-3-2011 by bekod because: text addition
so why all the hype?
and ok it is old news so what? look here www.cidrap.umn.edu...
from the link,

NEWS SCAN: Egyptian H5N1 cases, more H5N1 outbreaks, vaccine-narcolepsy probe, anthrax testing

Mar 7, 2011
has it began?
edit on 9-3-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
From the WHO link..

Of the 13 cases of human H5N1 virus infection confirmed since 2005 in Cambodia, 11 have been fatal.

Doesn't seem to be a very high morbidity rate, although I would agree that the mortality rate is pretty high. I would not be concerned about this, though, since it would appear to be rather hard to catch based on only 13 cases in 6 years.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I really think fire kills all germs. So maybe technology needs to go up that protects borders from viruses or better contains them by sterilizing the air and environment around it. Like find the virus frequencies and attack from there at the virus frequencies.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
this virus has been around for 7 years and only 13 cases have been found, i wouldnt call this a pandemic.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well I tried to do a bit of research on this and hopefully find some info to contradict, but unforunately I only found info to reinforce this.

Avian influenza – situation in Indonesia
2 March 2011 - The Ministry of Health of Indonesia has announced a new confirmed case of human infection with avian influenza A (H5N1) virus.

A 26 year old female from Karawang District, West Java Province developed symptoms on 30 January. She was hospitalized on 3 February, and was treated with oseltamivir, but died on 8 February.

Initial investigations indicate the case bought poultry meat at a traditional market and took home chickens that were slaughtered after purchase and prepared at the market.

Laboratory tests have confirmed infection with the H5N1 avian influenza virus.

Of the 172 cases confirmed to date in Indonesia, 142 have been fatal.

Source

As far as I am concerned this one can stay over there. Also you have to think about the differences in the medical system and general health care in the area.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
How soon we forget? H1N1 flu shot?,you must have to get it well H5N1 is not far away from the link H5N1 Influenza Virus Vaccine Questions and Answers
www.fda.gov... so you have been told, warned.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So I had this long drawn out response typed, then realized it didn't really say much.

In the end, I think all I have to say is:

Isn't calling 13 cases in 6 years an "outbreak" a bit of a stretch? Even if I lived in the jungle in Cambodia, I'm more likely to die of the common cold.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A few things came to mind on this. First, what is the health of the people to died, prior to being infected? Were they in a weakened state, or living in bad conditions? Not to be offensive to any of these countries, but is it possible it's an issue because of living conditions?

Second of all, who knows if tons more people have been infected with it, and got over it just fine, hence no report of "infected and surviving" which would make the apparent mortality rate higher?

Didn't the actress Brittany Murphy, and her husband both die of pneumonia? I've had pneumonia in the last few years, and while no means fun, I never felt on the brink of death.

My thought is that they were just unlucky and died of it, when many others probably had it and never even knew. There is no evidence to back this up, but it seems pretty probable to me. Never hurts to keep an eye out though!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

not the same link,where did you find that ? WHO has a lot a pages and reports. post link. did not see the last line had to reread it thanks, and my bad.

edit on 9-3-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

thanks but you missed this, or it just came in, it does seem to be spreading www.who.int... from link

Avian influenza - situation in Egypt - update 45

7 March 2011 - The Ministry of Health of Egypt has announced two new confirmed cases of human infection with avian influenza A (H5N1) virus.

but the last line is of concern,

Of the 127 cases confirmed to date in Egypt, 41 have been fatal.
also from the link. do they have things under control in Egypt? as far as civil unrest.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

if this just one area or country than yes i would say that is it nothing more but it H5N1 is spreading, it is now in Egypt. and what is going on in Egypt? like we do not know, and there are to contain this ?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

There is some pretty big differences between a third world country, such as Cambodia, and other already developed nations. For starters, we don't suck chicken snot out of the noses of sick chickens with our mouths. Chickens just aren't as valuable to us as they are to them, we would let them die and buy a new chicken. Second, we don't bathe and drink out of the same place that our animals do their business in. We have plumbing for that.

This nonsense of an avian strain wiping out 85% of the population is bull. What are the odds that a snot sucking, river bathing hillbilly from Cambodia would get infected with a virus that isn't designed to infect a human (must mutate first, somehow) and hop on some mode of transport and infect others?

Never believe for a second anyone telling you that some flu bug an animal has will kill and wipe out the human population. Very few of the bugs are infectious across species.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by croweboy

i think you need to find out how they spread and be come pandemic for here is the latest numbers www.who.int... from 2003 to march 2011 reported cases 528, deaths 311, now how does that stack up to the H1N1 or could it be a double whammy www.sciencedaily.com... from the kink, New H1N1 Mutation Could Allow Virus to Spread More Easily.
and did we not here this in 2009?

That two-wave pattern is typical of pandemic flu viruses, which is why many scientists worry that the 2009 H1N1 ("swine") flu virus might evolve into a deadlier form.

H1N1, first reported in March 2009 in Mexico, contains a mix of human, swine and avian flu genes, which prompted fears that it could prove deadlier than typical seasonal flu viruses. However, the death toll was much lower than initially feared, in large part because the virus turned out to be relatively inefficient at spreading from person to person.
and then the last word from the WHO on H1N1 before it well just went away,
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

WHO Says Confirmed H1N1 Deaths Worldwide Reach 1,799

edit on 10-3-2011 by bekod because: text addition

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
First off i am not nor have been paranoid, this is just to make you the reader aware that it could happen not that it will, and for you that say of course it will not happen the WHO is there to stop this , well not so fast,
WHO's response to swine flu pandemic flawed,
news.yahoo.com...

top topics

join