It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some ancient Nordic prophecies coming true...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It is known since ancient times that the "Light" will first come from the East and the North(many have theorized that meant Sweden) at Judgment Day, it is mentioned in many ancient prophecies.

During the last 1000 years there has only been one public spiritual practice spreading like wildfire across the world, it is called Falun Dafa and was spread to 100 million people in 7 years in China before the communists banned it and started persecuting these good people. I have investigated its relationship with the city of Falun in Sweden. And it is a mind boggling journey to look into these relationships..

To my knowledge there is just one city called "Falun" in the world, it is placed at the center of Sweden - in the north of Europe:

maps.google.s...hq...=&hnear=Falun,+Falu&gl=se&ei=m1rZTLyGDo3rObXOvLIJ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q8gEwAA

Would it not be interesting to investigate the local history and legends about the city of Falun and its name?

What I found is astonishing:

In the Nordic religion "Asatro"(which means "Asia belief" in English) - there is a "river called "Slidr" coming from the east to rectify all evil of the world and Slidr means "God-Li-He" translated from the ancient Nordic language....

The Poetic Edda - the prophecy of Voluspa:

36. River falls east
through venom dales
with scissors and sword;
Slídr is its name.

River means "wisdom" in prophecies as far as I know from the experts. So "Slidr" will be the wisdom conquering the world.

The sole survivors of Ragnarok(Judgment) will be Lif and Lifthrasir:

In the place called Hoddmímir's Holt there shall lie hidden during the Fire of Surtr two of mankind, who are called thus: Líf and Lífthrasir, and for food they shall have the morning-dews. From these folk shall come so numerous an offspring that all the world shall be peopled, even as is said here:

Líf and Lífthrasir, | these shall lurk hidden
In the Holt of Hoddmímir;
The morning dews | their meat shall be;
Thence are gendered the generations.

Again note that "Li" is included in all mentionings of rectification and survival of Ragnarok. It must mean that a man called "Li" will be the man rectifying the world when time is due and his followers will make it through.

Note that in the bible it is said Elijah will come first to rectify the world, "Li" is again included in the name of the greatest man mentioned in the bible...

Who has introduced Falun Dafa to the world?

Li Honghzhi has done it in 1992.

The city of "Falun" in Sweden has a name which was originally derived from a local river also called the "Falu river" running through the city...

See the resemblance with the river Slidr...

The "yellow river" this Falu river is also called in ancient words and this river has given name to the city of Falun. The yellow river is very familiar from China as we all know.

The Falun emblem has a yellow center swastika and it is whirling like river water in the form of the swastika. Furthermore the famous wheel of the divine in the bible is said to make sounds like from water flowing...

www.falundafa...tro...

That local Falu river in local tradition is said to "divide the city of Falun into a divine part and a horrid part"... The eastern part will be divine and the western part(the mine) will be horrid..

It is said nothing can grow on the horrid side of the city(there was a mine on that side in old times) while the other side of the river is flourishing with nice houses, plants, flowers etc...

In another legend it is said there will be two treasures coming from Falun, the first one being the ancient mine that was used in ancient times to extract copper.

The second treasure, the major treasure, was always kept a secret but legend has it that when the second treasure is revealed to the world the first treasure will be forgotten quickly. The second treasure will create as many houses as there are pebbles in the city of Falun legend says...

In 1992 after mining for about 1000 years or more the Falun mine was closed and "Falun Dafa" was introduced to the world a few months before closing the mine forever...
The second treasure must be Falun Dafa - the great secret of all times has been revealed.

The number of coincidences are just staggering.

And I have not yet mentioned the greatest prophet of all from Falun called Emanuel Swedenborg who was the chief mining expert in the 1700s and he prophesied everything about Falun Dafa(he called it true christianity just like Edgar Cayce, they both said it would come out of China) and Li Hongzhi including the communist persecution in China..

Thanks for your time, I hope you find my findings interesting.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm don't particularly believe in prophecies but this was a pretty interesting read.

Not so sure about your doomsday scenario. Crow barring the Elijah in there... don't think there a connection between Elijah and Li... except for Li... which doesn't really mean anything. Li could fit into a number of names...

..Anyway..

This thanks for sharing. Will definitely do some research on these Nordic dudes

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq

The number of coincidences are just staggering.

I don't see it. I see vague, nearly meaningless verses that has a lot of redefining of words and shoehorning to make the "prophecy" seem somehow factual. This is the way all "prophecies" work

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Interesting subject! Thanks so much for sharing this. I was wondering what topic I was going to latch on to for the day, and you have given me a great one

Some years back I heard about and began reading about Falun Dafa and found it rather interesting to study, especially the meditative exercises. After a while I moved on to researching and reading on other topics, and eventually fell out of practice. You can find more information on Falun Dafa here www.falundafa.org... including details on the exercises used in the study.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention again

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Interesting, I like the way you presented the info but I would like to know where you got it, not bashing or anything just curious.
I'm an Asatruar/Heathen and this is my religion you're talking about.
Asatru means "belief in the gods" AEsir and Vanir ,,, to my knowledge it has nothing to do with asia or chinese people.
There are actually several offspring of the gods/goddesses that survive and rebuild earth and the signs of the end are more than just a river.
A winter that lasts 3 years without a break, The sun and moon growing dim and some say erratic in their path, humanity and compassion disappears, the whole earth trembles, stars fall, storms at sea and tidal waves
This is just from the book Myths of the Norsemen by Guerber and not a complete listing, some info depends on the translator or a persons own instinct which comes with heritage.
Thanks for the post and keep looking into it,
Hail

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I found it kinda interesting, even if it`s not all true, what`s there is still pretty cool. Can you explain more about Falun Dafa? How is it similar to Christianity? What is the "message"? Does it have any ancient texts related to it or a handbook of some kind? Any Gods or people of importance? Does it have a possible "ancient astronaut theme to it? Any other prophesies? Is it closely related to Buddhism? Is there most likely a "church" or "temple" in my local area? Are any famous people involved? What is the ultimate goal for a member? Thanks in advance if you decide to answer some of these questions, and I apologise if they are innapropriate to the thread and will understand if you pass over my post.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Primal Scream
Interesting, I like the way you presented the info but I would like to know where you got it, not bashing or anything just curious.
I'm an Asatruar/Heathen and this is my religion you're talking about.
Asatru means "belief in the gods" AEsir and Vanir ,,, to my knowledge it has nothing to do with asia or chinese people.
Hail

Thanks, I find many English speaking people at a loss regarding Asatro because there are too few translations done and many are not correct and many scriptures are not translated at all, especially the Falun legends.

Anyway, "Asa" is simply an old word for Asia and "Tro"(Swedish) or "Tru"(Norwegian) means belief/faith. I can quote sources to you later, just wanted to give a quick reply. Asgard(Asia Kingdom in the heavens) and Midgard(Middle Kingdom - China) are other words not really understood byt many I believe.

It is understood in Asatro that Scandinavians came from Asia originally, that is why the belief is called Asia belief.

Master Li Hongzhi has taken it a step further when he has explained that the Swedes are reincarnated from the North Song Dynasty... In fact it all matches perfectly with Asatro.

edit on 9-3-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Just now I'm eating a piece of bread with butter and Swedish falukorv !!

I have doubts on its relation to "the wheel of the law"...

-But if you seriously want a link between Buddha and Odin, I can tell you that the unique method of the roofing on the stave churches are similar to that of the Buddhist temples of the same period....

(...and the stave churches were not built by Christians; the spears and crosses were added later!)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The image and painting of the "their" symbol from dalsaland were Falun is located has been changed yesterday. Instead of traditional painting of the "dalahorse" witch is called "curbits" it´s now change to some strange tribal pattern, I really dont now what this is meaning but the timing s a bit strange.

First picture of the original type of style of the pattern on the "Dalahorse"
img806.imageshack.us...

And now the new look that is called a more "modern" pattern.
img59.imageshack.us...

I think it´s quite odd since it also called "first region" and I have never heard anything about any "first region" before! If someone refer to the number one region of Sweden it is normaly spoken about Stockholm. Don´t now if this got anything to with anything, just saying this is strange event thats taking place in sweden nowdays.
Sorry for my bad english. God bless you all.
edit on 9-3-2011 by stavis because: correction of text.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Note how the first couple would feed on the "morning dews".
Just like Moses fed his people on the "manna from heaven".
Velikovsky had an interesting theory about the extraterrestrial origins of manna.
Could all this be tied together by an astronomical event?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Let me tell you this about Sweden:

We have a long history of keeping secrets from the public. For example there is not many swedish citizen who know about the swedish freemason tradition and the king. This information is just starting to popping up right now and most of the people having a hard time understand that they have been lied to under so many years! Got a wiki about the facts:
en.wikipedia.org...

This is really disturbing news and even moore disturbing to people to coprehand is the facts that the swedish king and goverment had other secrets to:
runeberg.org...

img696.imageshack.us...
edit on 9-3-2011 by stavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Asa is the genitive form of Aesir. It most likely shares a common root with the Sanskrit asura and the Avestan ahura. In all these cases the word refers to a classification of deities.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

The earliest known copies we have of the Eddas comes from Snorri Sturluson, who was writing after Christianity had spread to the Norse people. Therefore, a lot of Christian beliefs had been adopted into Norse mythology.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stavis

I didn't catch the point with the reference to Oscar II !?!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

Just making a point that these traditions is going back a long time and are tied togheter with the freemasons. This is really quite interesting and pretty new information to the swedish public as far as I know.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

You're right in Asuras and Devas being Aesirs and Vanirs. But I also think there might be a link to the Etruscan language...

But one can also think of AEsir as in Astra - Air beings, and Vanir as in Faun - Of Earth!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Gaussq

Asa is the genitive form of Aesir. It most likely shares a common root with the Sanskrit asura and the Avestan ahura. In all these cases the word refers to a classification of deities.

I am not really agreeing on your statements here(I hope you are familiar with Swedish):

The ancient word "Asa" simply is said to be short for "Asia" and is spelled "Asien" in modern Nordic language. "Ass" is the old word for God. "Asagud" therefore means "Asia God" and the capital of all Nordic Gods was "Asgård" which is situated in the Asia(eastern) heavens.

There the greatest God in "Asatro", "Odin" is said to live.

I quote to you from a Swedish text(ie Heimskringla written by the legendary Snorre Sturlasson):

Enligt en av sägnen (Heimskringla tolkad av isländske historiker Snorre Sturlasson) Vikingarnas "religion" Asatron och levande "guden" Oden kommer från Asland med huvudstad Asgård, i Asien. Notera likheten, ASAR ASIEN ASOV. (The author points out the similarities between Asar(Gods), Asia and (Asov) - eastern Europe where they wanderred through up to Denmark along their journey from Asia.)

Vikingarnas "gud" Oden med sina söner, enligt Snorre Sturlasson, levde bland annat i trakterna kring Sigtuna och har sina rötter i Asien(Odin has his roots in Asia), där floden Don rinner i Asovska havet. "Till vänster därom fanns Erop, (Erilarnas land?). Till höger(to the right) om Don(Donau) fanns Asien(Asia), där låg Asland(Asia country) med huvudstad Asgård(Asia capital).

"Enligt Snorre Sturlasson kan ordet ”asar” härledas från ”Asien”, där asagudarna en gång skulle ha kommit från."

Translation: According to the author Snorre Sturlasson the word "Asar"(Gods) can be deducted from "Asia" where they originated.

Here we can read about the Schamanism coming from the Nordic race´s origins in Asia when Odin sets out on his journey from "Asgård" to Scandinavia, even today the same schamanism can be found in Siberia(Asia) and in the old samic culture in Sweden:

Berättelsen i Heimskringla är inte helt identisk men i bägge startar i alla fall Odens vandring mot Norden från Asien. Bägge skrifterna vittnar också om att Oden tog med sig schamanism från Asien (Asgård) till Norden och att schamanismen var en central del i Odenskulten. Snorres beskrivning av Odens schamanism (sejd) har likheter med nedtecknade beskrivningar från 1700-talet av den samiska schamanismen (nåjd) och än idag finns liknande ritualer hos schamaner i Sibirien.

In English about Aesir:

books.google.......%20asia&f=false

About Odin at the bottom section of this page: He set out...etc .... ; "because they were from Asia they were called Aesir."

I quote to you a section of the prologue from Eddan:

2. Um þrjár hálfur veraldar.

The world was divided into three parts: from the south, extending into the west and bordering on the Mediterranean Sea,--all this part was called Africa, the southern quarter of which is hot, so that it is parched with the sun. The second part, from west to north and bordering on the ocean, is called Európá or Eneá; its northern part is so cold that no grass grows upon it, and no man dwells there. From the north and all down over the eastern part, even to the south, is called Asia. In that region of the world is all fairness and pride, and the fruits of the earth's increase, gold and jewels. There also is the centre of the earth; and even as the land there is lovelier and better in every way than in other places, so also were the sons of men there most favored with all goodly gifts: wisdom, and strength of the body, beauty, and all manner of knowledge.

The centre of the earth referred to here is China, as has been known throughout the ages. That is where the highest people dwell.

It is not exactly stated where "Asgård" is situated since it is a heavenly kingdom. But it sure refers to Asia and the wisdom of the eastern people as Eddan clearly explains.

"Midgård" can be interpreted like "Middle country" in the human world, and logically means China which is called " the Middle Kingdom" even up until today.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Some quotes from Emanuel Swedenborg regarding Falun Dafa:

Emanuel Swedenborg, the universal genius, inventor, scientist and last true prophet of Jesus(he devoted his last 27 years of life to describing Ragnarok/Judgment, interpreting the true meaning of the bible and warning people about modern church(and its clergy..) and the coming judgment) whose family farm "Svedens Gård" still is a cultural heritage on the eastern(divine) side(!) of Falun:

The following are some passages from his scriptures about the Son of Man and his teachings when he stays down on earth.

He called the spiritual movement "New Church"(Falun Dafa) that would take over the world "New Jerusalem/New Church" at the end of times as we know them:

“I have spoken with spirits and angels who came from there, and they said that they possess a Word, and have from ancient times; and that their divine worship is performed according to this Word, which consists of pure correspondences... They said that they worship Jehovah, some as an invisible, and some as a visible God. Moreover they said that they do not permit foreigners to come among them, except the Chinese, with whom they cultivate peace, because the emperor of China is from their country... Seek for it in China, and perhaps you will find it there among the Tartars.”
”Arcana, Vol. 2, No. 1 (1995)”

Here we can see that Swedenborg predicts Falun Dafa to originate from China. He states that the Asian languages are divine and hence their correspondences more pure. We all know that one Chinese sign can have multiple meanings and they have many thousands of signs making their language richer.

“He persecuted the woman that brought forth the male, signifies that those who are meant by "the dragon" would from hatred and enmity reject and revile the church which is the New Jerusalem, because it has the doctrine of life. This is evident from the signification of "persecuting," as being, in reference to those who are meant by "the dragon," to reject and revile from hatred and enmity (of which presently); also from the signification of "the woman," as being the church that is called the New Jerusalem (of which above, n. 707, 721, 730); also from the signification of "the male," as being the doctrine of that church, which is the doctrine of life (see above, n. 724, 725). From this it is clear that "the dragon persecuting the woman that brought forth the male" signifies that those who are meant by the dragon will from hatred and enmity reject and revile the church which is the New Jerusalem, because it has the doctrine of life.”
“Apocalypse Explained”

The CCP will persecute Falun Dafa. The CCP has the form of a dragon in his scriptures. The same as the bible where the CCP is called "The Great Red Dragon".

“He will not come to destroy the visible heaven and the habitable earth (ibid., n. 768 seq.); but to separate the evil from the good.”
“Invitation to the“New Church”
The Son-of-Man comes to save people with some goodness in their hearts.

It is an absolute necessity that God should manifest Himself, and thereby cause Himself to be acknowledged, and after acknowledgment should inspire man with His Divine influence, and by this, received in the heart, lead him at length even to Himself in heaven; all which cannot possibly be effected except by instruction. Must not also an emperor, and a king, first cause himself to be acknowledged and crowned, before he enters on his government?
“True Christian religion”

The Son of Man will be incarnated in flesh and blood and spread his teachings across the world to those who are receptive of a new cultivation method for body and soul.

“This coming of the lord which is his second coming, is taking place in order that the evil may be separated from the good, and that those who have believed and do believe in him, may be saved, and that from them a new angelic heaven and a new church on earth may be formed; and without this, no flesh could be saved.”

His cultivating disciples will form the new heaven and assist their Master to save a maximum of sentient beings on earth. Those who believe Li is good will be saved from destruction and form a new world on earth. Which is a mirror of heavenly conditions, only at a lower level.

“This second coming of the lord is effected by means of a man to whom the Lord has manifested himself in person, and whom he has filled with his spirit, that he may teach the doctrines of the New Church from the Lord by means of the word.”

In these quotes we see the Son-of-Man being incarnated as a man of flesh and blood for the Fa-rectification(Ragnarok/Judgment). He will spread his doctrines/scriptures across the world.

“He will do this by means of a man, who is able not only to receive these doctrines in his understanding but also to publish them by the press.”

The Fa will be published for the common man in the press(on the web in modern times) so as many people as possible can see it and be saved because they think it is good. That does not mean they must cultivate in this school, to agree with the teachings(Truth-Compassion-Forbearance) is going to be very important to be saved.

“It is in accordance with Divine order that a new heaven should be formed before a new church is established on earth, for the church is both internal and external.”

Swedenborg foresaw teh Son-of-Man performing Fa-rectification(Ragnarok/Judgment) in higher heavenly dimensions before doing it here on earth. First he builds a new heaven and then he builds a new world.

“Of that ancient Word which existed in Asia before the Israelitish Word, I am permitted to state this new thing, namely, that it is still preserved there among the people who dwell in Great Tartary.” “The angels and spirits from Great Tartary are seen in the southern quarter on its eastern side, and are separated from others by dwelling in a higher expanse, and by their not permitting anyone to come to them from the Christian world, or, if any ascend, by guarding them to prevent their return. Their possessing a different Word is the cause of this separation.”

Swedenborg always emphasized the uniqueness of the Asia people and the highest wisdom and divinity on earth originated from Asia he said. Their higher level was most of all due to the language having a divine character. The same insights are supplied in the Nordic ancient scriptures such as “Eddan”.

To summarize, Swedenborg points to a man from China being the Son of Man spreading his spiritual doctrines across the world before performing the Judgment. His disciples will be persecuted in China by the "Dragon" being the CCP.. People who agree with the principles of Falun Dafa and opposes the persecution in China will have good chances, that is my interpretation.

Just my two cents, no truth whatsoever is offered.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here is the story about the apocalypse [in swedish called RAGNARÖK and meaning: the final fate from the gods] according to the swedish mythology,

The life of gods turning point is Balder's death. End of the world called Ragnarok, which is foreshadowed by many characters. First comes a period of fighting and atrocities, then BITTER WINTER, three winters without a summer in between. After devouring solvargen sun and månvargen moon, the earth trembles, bands and chains shortcomings, Fenrir gets loose, Midgard serpent writhing in fury and get up in the country, so that the sea flooded and the ship Nagelfar, as Whole made of dead men's nails, loosening and controlled by the giant Rym. The sky falls down, Muspelheim sons ride out of this with Acid in the tip and fire behind them and Bifrost were flawed because they ride over it. They go out on the plain Vigrid, which is 100 mil on each side. There will also be Fenrir, who gape with the lower jaw to the soil and the top of the sky, and beside him is the Midgard Serpent, which blows goats over air and sea. These have also been Loki with the dead from Hel and Rym with all rimtursar. When the wind blows Heimdall in Gjallarhornet, Odin rides to Mimer's well and get advice, Yggdrasil trembles, and all are afraid.

And the new world is evolving, described like this:

On Gimle in heaven is a hall, where it is best to be. A good place to drink is also Brimer on Okolner. Sindre on Nidafjällen is of red gold. In these halls, the good live after Armageddon. On Nastränderna is a hall north of ormryggar, and snakes head blows goats inwards so that the venom flowing rivers in the courtroom, in which FORSWORN and murderers seines, but most are in Vergelmer, where Nidhogg plaguing the deceased. The earth shoots up from the sea, green and beautiful, the fields are growing Osada. Vidar and Vale is alive and living in Idavallen. There will also Thurs sons Mode and Magne with the hammer Mjolnir and Balder and Hoder from Hel. In Hoddmimesholt hiding Life and Livtraser away Acid flames and live by the morning dew. From them, a new breed of people. The sun has given birth to an equally beautiful daughter. Later, no one can tell the world again.

Asar and einhärjar dress for battle, Odin rides against Fenrir, and Thor at his side against the Midgard Serpent. Seed conflict with Acid and fall, Tyr against the dog Garm, and they kill each other, like Heimdall and Loki. Thor kills the Midgard Serpent, but falls after the death of nine stages of the poison, Fenrir swallows Odin, but is killed by Vidar, who is tearing apart his maw. Finally, throw Acid fire over the earth and burn down the whole world.
The world will end and start att the same place.

A witch describe her vision of Ragnarök in these words:

Sun is visible blacken,
Earth sank into the sea,
shining stars
plunging from the sky;
fire roars
with billowing smoke,
flames hit high
the sky itself.

It is fair to say that she is refering to a big burst from a vulcano? If you read about this there is several events similar to a lot of happenings over the last 2-3 years. I am thinking about the Katla vulcano in Island.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stavis

Ok! This is kind of off topic, but if you can read Norwegian; you'll find this link intresting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join