It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott the UK census over links to Lockheed Martin, protesters say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
As for why US military involvement, information is power. The statement that Lockheed would not share any information with intelligence services has BS all over it, it should be safe from any FIO requests for a while though. Considering how much other information is out in cyber world about us it just helps reinforce the dossiers. See who knows who, how many bugs are needed to tap a house. The state uses this information to allocate services, same as the secret services. Generally there is too much information gathered for it all to be processed, it is only when you pop up up the radar that it gets looked at. If you have a bank account, birth certificate or a drivers licence there would already be files started on you somewhere.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
They say it is to help make better roads --- er ask the dvla for information

They need to know the ages - they already know how old i am they have my birth on file in my medical records,

These are excuses to get us to fill in these forms - they say its to plan the budget well they plan budgets every other 9 years just fine dont they.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

So if they’ve already got the information then what difference does it make whether you fill it in or not? At worst it makes it an inefficient system.

The fact is that this might be the last census in the UK for those exact reasons, i.e. it will likely be more efficient to continuously collect information from a range of different sources. As of now though it seems that this isn’t possible to the degree of accuracy and cost required.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

I understand what the concept of a census is, the problem I have is a large part of the Military Industrial complex of America is carrying it out. A company that sells weapons that kill innocent people. I object to the company given the money by British tax payers, not the idea of a census and not to the questions involved.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

exactly you answered my point - why should i fill it in they already have all my information.

They are wasting another £250 million pound on something that is not needed - do they just want to see which of us have had enough, to see who of us will lie to them? to make us a possible " Target " because we may pose a threat in the near future? Because we are waking up ?

We are "free" to do as we are told and they threaten us with fines or possible jail sentence & for what ? ..not telling them how many cars i may or may not have , what my religion and believes are, what hours i work?

This is my business not theirs.

They already have this information. They just want everyone to get it all in one nice neat file for them,

i for one have had enough of this system.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It seems for the religion this year instead of jedi, people are putting 'Free Party' so the police will not be able to just turn up and shut free partys down as they please, with the party claiming its a religous meeting and as such claiming rights to worship.

www.facebook.com...#!/group.php?gid=54134823589

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
" Following an open, transparent and competitive procurement process, on July 21, 2008, Public Works and Government Services Canada awarded Lockheed Martin Canada a contract to provide Statistics Canada software for its employees to process questionnaires in preparation for and during the 2011 Census. The contract is for $19.7 million and is essentially an upgraded version of the software used by Statistics Canada in 2006."

link

"The U.S. Bureau of Census will count on a team led by Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] to develop and operate an information processing system for the nation's 2010 Census. Under the six-year contract valued at approximately $500 million, the Lockheed Martin team will develop and deploy the Decennial Response Integration System (DRIS) for the Bureau, which will include a publicized option for filing census surveys via the Internet."

li nk

"As part of the Lockheed Martin-led team responsible for receiving, capturing and standardizing census data, Space-Time Research’s SuperSTAR software will be a key element in ensuring rigorous data quality management./.....Customers include the most advanced National Statistics Organizations such as the Australian Bureau of Statistics, U.S. Census Bureau, Swedish Census Bureau, Statistics Austria, and the South Africa Census Bureau."

link
other customers

The list goes on and on.....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

do they just want to see which of us have had enough, to see who of us will lie to them? to make us a possible " Target " because we may pose a threat in the near future? Because we are waking up ?

Or there isn’t any system in place to gather together all the necessary information from so many different sources and a census form would be cheaper and more accurate.

We are "free" to do as we are told and they threaten us with fines or possible jail sentence & for what ?

Unfortunately a system whereby you only fill out what you like isn’t practical when you are also entitled to use public services that are distributed on the basis of what people fill out in the census.

We can’t have it both ways, one day telling the government to provide adequate care for the elderly and then when they ask our age telling them to mind their own business the next.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

you are missing the point entirely. our government is corrupt.

and ok they already know how many elderly people there are and what services they require as we already have them dont we?

That is the point. I not asking for a pick and choose system i would just like to see a " Fair " one

I didnt ask to have it both ways the " services " they usually provide are usually either owned by a private company or there is something in it for them . They dont do it for the good of the people do they, i dont believe they do and i am entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
It seems for the religion this year instead of jedi, people are putting 'Free Party' so the police will not be able to just turn up and shut free partys down as they please, with the party claiming its a religous meeting and as such claiming rights to worship.

www.facebook.com...#!/group.php?gid=54134823589

Thank you for this link

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is all a storm in a teacup.

The census is necessary so that the government knows the makeup of the country as it evolves over time. If you want government to provide services you have to provide information. Its hard enough getting the right decisions from good data, never mind bad or patchy data.

It really doesn't matter that its a 'Defence Company'. Defence companies will bid on all sorts of things if the value is high enough. Large defence contractors also tend to have the standing infrastructure necessary to give bureaucrats confidence in delivery.

Its all fairly innocuous stuff and to be honest i'd be more worried about the Government losing the data on a misplaced laptop than Lockheed Martin snitching to the NSA that you're an unemployed caucasian Jedi.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

you are missing the point entirely. our government is corrupt.

How does this relate to the census?

and ok they already know how many elderly people there are and what services they require as we already have them dont we?

The current services are based on the last census and estimates based on that, these need to be adjusted in order to determine what services will be required in the future.

I didnt ask to have it both ways the " services " they usually provide are usually either owned by a private company or there is something in it for them . They dont do it for the good of the people do they, i dont believe they do and i am entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.

Do you think the government should provide public services? Then they need to have information on the public.

Do you think the government should mind its own business? Then you can’t have public services, at least not good ones.

It has nothing to do with who provides them at the point of use but what is actually provided, where and who funds it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So what exactly will happen if X amount of people boycott it?

Is this not pre-planned decay? Get people to boycott it, and thus inadvertently bring about the new regime as the society of yesterday crumbles from within.

I'm dubious.

Or are the people really sticking it to the big guys?

edit on 9-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
reply to post by johngtr

How does this relate to the census?

Because the census is for the government , how is a government census not related to the goverment?

The current services are based on the last census and estimates based on that, these need to be adjusted in order to determine what services will be required in the future.

Apparently.
Are the services not provided by people who want to make money also like i mentioned a lot of them are private owned businesses. These people get a lot more information on the services that are needed through alot more sources than a census.

Here are a couple of simple examples

E.G.1 You DONT need a census to find out how many buses you need on a certain route, you ask the bus company how many customers they get travelling on their buses on that route, and find out the busiest times to add/subtract buses accordingly

E.G.2 You DONT need a census to find out how many people need/use a hospital in a certain are, you ask the hospital for how many patients they see too, when are the busiest times and adjust services according to there statistics.

I know already without a census that there are not enough hospital beds to people ratio.
I know already without a census that they need to stop closing library's, Post office's, Leisure Centres, Youth Centres,
I know already without a census that they already know how many cars are on our roads, and who these vehicles are registered too.

Do you think the government should provide public services? Then they need to have information on the public.

Do you think the government should mind its own business? Then you can’t have public services, at least not good ones.

I think the goverment should provide us with services we want and need. Not services They Think we want, What they think we Need.

Yes the government should mind their own business when it comes down to gathering all our information into one place. Like " just woke up " said what if they mis-place or lose all the information.
Of course we should get our services, they are in a position of power because people " elected " them to "serve the people" Not order them as to what they can and cant do.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't understand why the UK needs to contract out the data processing to an american based arms dealer at all.

Im sure there are plenty of legitimate and capable UK based companies that are more than eager to take up the job, especially given the state of our economy - Why not give the money (and jobs) to the UK??

Something stinks....we are well within our rights to ask WHY?

love from Stu

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Mike_A

So your happy to fill out a personal document and give that information to an American arms dealer? I know I'm probably being silly, but I'm not happy about it. What interest does an arms dealer have in getting a census contract? It's branching out a bit from the development of weapons isnt it? Surely a British company could have performed the task just as well and caused a lot less suspicion in the process.

I dont see anything wrong with it? look at Tesco, they do banking now and the AA have heating engineers for frigs sake!

Most big companies want/have their fat little fingers in every pie these days.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

sorry to butt in but...

look at Tesco, they do banking now

bad example lol, Tesco are the biggest corporate whore in the UK - responsible for ruining countless businesses and turning us all into drones...they are gradually taking over the country. If anyone needs boycotting, its these b******s!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

It's not the point that they are doing the census as a side buisness! The point is, who they work for and with, what they stand for and most importantly what they have done in the past (which is documented, goodness knows what else they have done behind closed doors-check out the vid I posted on the first page to see what kind of organisation they are).

Now when you look at the above mentioned info, would you really, and be honest, really be comfortable with them holding all that info on you? And yes, it will be them who are holding the info, if they are just selling the systems to the gov, then why aren't we using the systems they sold us in 2006?-Their systems, their info.

The questions I found strangest were "Do you spend more than 30 days a year away form your property" "If so, what is the address?" - Now can someone please explain, what kind of "service" will need that kind of info?
edit on 9-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo

Central and local government, businesses, charities and academics need facts about how the population is changing in order to identify the needs of communities and to plan for the future.

Census statistics show where there are clusters of similar people. This means that planners and decision makers at national, regional and local level can work out what is needed for local populations. This may be more car-parking facilities in shopping areas, or housing for first time buyers, or language lessons in areas with a wide diversity of languages.

I have never put myself on the voters roll, ive got everything at different addresses to make what little details are held about me both conflicting and hard to piece together and I sure as heck aint even taking a second look at the census. It will be going into my oven, then my cat can pee on it and if anything is left I might just wipe my backside with it before I flush it down the toilet.

Maybe if enough do this, they will take the statistics and finally realise that they should respect peoples privacy and pee the heck off.

If they want my information, they can pay me for it, end of story.

This topic has touched a small nerve I think.

Ive never had a fine off the government for anything before and they cannot touch you if you have no contact whatsover. No phone, no answering the door, absolutely nothing.

edit on 9-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
good old lockhead martin, i sent this video courtesy of david icke to my local mp he wasnt impressed

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join