It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Of The World Now Set For May 21st - It's A Saturday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

They gave away cars, pets, music collections and more to relatives, friends and neighbors. Some items they kicked to the curb. In homes that weren’t emptied, clothes are still hanging in closets, and dishes, books and furniture — including one man’s antique collection — are gathering dust. Unless, of course, they’ve been claimed by others. If you believe it’s all going to be over soon, why would it matter if you close the front door, much less lock it, when you walk away?

Project Caravan- Family Radio

They’re wearing sweatshirts and other clothing announcing the “Awesome News,” that Judgment Day is coming on May 21. On that day, people who will be saved will be raptured up to heaven. The rest will endure exactly 153 days of death and horror before the world ends on October 21. That message is splashed across their five sleek, vinyl-wrapped RVs, bearing this promise: “The Bible guarantees it!”

Starting with one station in Oakland, California, in 1959, Camping’s Family Radio now boasts 66 stations across the United States. Thanks to strategically placed satellites, shortwave radio and the internet, the message has gone global in 61 languages.

Family Radio Website

In 2 Peter 3:8, which is quoted above, Holy God reminds us that one day is as 1,000 years. Therefore, with the correct understanding that the seven days referred to in Genesis 7:4 can be understood as 7,000 years, we learn that when God told Noah there were seven days to escape worldwide destruction, He was also telling the world there would be exactly 7,000 years (one day is as 1,000 years) to escape the wrath of God that would come when He destroys the world on Judgment Day. Because Holy Infinite God is all-knowing, He knows the end from the beginning. He knew how sinful the world would become.

Seven thousand years after 4990 B.C. (the year of the Flood) is the year 2011 A.D. (our calendar).

4990 + 2011 – 1 = 7,000
(One year must be subtracted in going from an Old Testament B.C. calendar date to a New Testament A.D. calendar date because the calendar does not have a year zero.)

This end date of May 21, 2011 has been discussed many times here on ATS, but I just wanted bring this article to light. These people are really believe all of this, so much so, that they have given up everything to join "Project Caravan"

What do you guys think?

edit on 3/9/2011 by SUICIDEHK45 because: im an idiot!

Mod Edit: All Caps In Title – Please Review This Link.

edit on 9/3/2011 by Sauron because: all caps in title to lower case

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What do I think?

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!

Seriously though...I think its a bit nuts.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Dude, can we move that to Sunday, I have plans that Saturday.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Don't drink the kool-aid!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Dam cults again, it will get worse as 2012 gets closer.

How can people be so easily led?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Dude, can we move that to Sunday, I have plans that Saturday.

Don't be selfish

Isn't that the day of rest, or something?

edit on 9-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

sadly i believe some of those people want to be led. We call them sheep, but thats fine by them because they consider themselves the sheep of their Shepard. Good luck to them, and have a wonderful saturday to the rest of you.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'll level out the responses by saying it's possible, and perhaps even probable. Cyclic global extinction events have away of creeping up on us, given that recorded history is washed away in the process, again and again. Perhaps it's the Masons who have a detailed record of past global cyclic extinction events. Be that as it may, with all the high strangeness going on in the world, one should at the very least attempt be prepared for an emergency situation. But then again, how could one really prepare to survive a global ELE? Aye, there's the rub...
edit on 3/9/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
One of them was being interviewed on a talk radio programme last night/this morning. The presenter was taking the p* and says he is going to have them back for interview day after.
But they are not saying end of world are they. They are saying that the born again will be raptured out of the way and ungodly types like me will have to endure months of torment till the end in October (I think).

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Waait.. what is this non sense? I thought Christians thought people had to endure like several years of hell if they weren't taken in the rapture? Did a group twist this to match with the newly discovered comet?

People are dumb.. not just dumb but damn dumb. I would like to convince a large group of people to abandon their stuff though so I can have it.
If anyone knows anyone who believes in this retarded stuff and is giving up their stuff please let me know.

If you yourself are reading this and thinking what an ignorant bastard I am and how I will suffer while your riding a white pony to the pearly gates please give me your stuff to enjoy for the however many days I have before I die.. It really is the Christian thing to do.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Lets discuss this on Sunday May 22..the world is not going to end.I know people have jumped on that and if there is anything to be alarmed about..it is the rapid degradation of the common mans mind. What will you all do when nothing happens? I think people embrace these things for different reasons

1.They are so unhappy with their lives anything different is what they crave.Including the rapture

2. People who are not accepted by those they wish to be and this will be the event that knocks down the social structure they are craving to be apart of..i.e. " If I can't have it no one can" syndrome

3Uneducated less skilled unemployed people have nothing better to do then "research" Hoping to be the first to crack the case..again acceptance..to name just few..

These are just examples..but what they all deal with is ones own life..most people want this end because to them..their lives are already crap..no futures..I'm not saying everyone..so get the sand out your vajay jays.

These doomsday people have nothing to back them up..they latch on anything that scientifically fits the bill so to speak..Do not listen to people running around calling the day of the end..sheesh...even the bible says "No man shall know the day" So you know these people have either lost their minds and are doing this solely to alarm the people of this country adding nothing more then another problem you need to worry about..no..we'll all be here in April and in 2013..pay attention to the problems you can do something tangible about. The economy..the NWO..those are real issues that need your attention.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
when is the pole shift suppose to happen again? this month sometime i remember. wasn't it suppose to have started on the 4th or something?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

Yeah, but I kind of feel sorry for them in a way.

Those are they type of people that get taken advantage of.
I just hope they don't do anything daft. Well dafter than what they are doing now anyway.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thats a relief. I wont be dying at work then. Phew!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

Some people actually love the feel of sand in their vajay jays. Thats why they always act the way they do. Very good point. If the "rapture" is on May 21st, that gives the "unpure" more time to actually prepare for the "end" Its actually a nice heads up for the un-believers out there. "Oh, crap, hundreads of thousands of people just dissapeared! Must be the end times. Time to start cleaning weapons!" It doesn't make much sense, but it does make for a ton of good conversation / arguments.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I wanna know where they used to live so i can gather their now "useless" items and sell them on ebay and craigslist. haha

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

LOL..Yes I believe you are correct about the vajay jay effect..lol.It is entertaining to read..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
the world will end on my birthday??
for # sakes!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Sweet! Since I know for a fact I will Not be "raptured", I think I'm going to have a great big party and watch the show!

Seriously, has any every checked out how many "Official" end dates there have been in the last, say, 200 years? Yet we are all still here?!!

edit on 9-3-2011 by chiefsmom because: adding s

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thank goodness it isn't a workday.

I'd hate to waste my time getting ready for work just to find out it's the end of the world.

BTW did they post a time? I'd like to be able to sleep in on my last day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join