It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas bill to be presented before the legislature: A resolution for a state plebiscite on the issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A RESOLUTION FOR A STATE PLEBISCITE ON THE ISSUE OF INDEPENDENCE

Whereas, The Republic of Texas originally won its independence from Mexico in 1836;

Whereas, prior to acceptance of the joint resolution of the Congress of the United States, Texas existed as an independent republic for a period of nine years until 1845;

Whereas, upon accepting admission as one of the United States, Texas remained a free and independent State subject only to the Constitution of the United States;

Whereas, the United States Federal Government has passed laws requiring expenditures of the State and People of Texas that are unfunded by the federal government in violation of the Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution;

Whereas, the United States Federal Government has caused the intentional devaluation of its currency with its reckless spending and borrowing threatening the economic survival of Texas;

Whereas, the United States government has allowed the use of its authority, credit and good will for the benefit of private and foreign concerns in violation of its own constitution;

Whereas, the United States Federal Government has repeatedly failed and refused to guard the border between the State of Texas and the country of Mexico, which has led to and required vast expenditures by the State of Texas to protect its citizens;

Whereas, the United States Federal Government has implemented thousands of laws, mandates and agencies in violation of the United States Constitution that have invaded the sovereignty of the State of Texas;

Whereas, Article 1 Section 1 of the State of Texas Constitution states that “the perpetuity of the union depends on the right of local self-government unimpaired to all of the States”;

Whereas, Article 1 Section 2 of the State of Texas Constitution states that “all political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit” and “they have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient”;

Whereas, it is desirable and necessary for the Legislature to ascertain the will of the people on continued relationship between Texas and the United States and for that message to be communicated to the United States Federal Government;

Therefore, be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Texas assembled, that a plebiscite be conducted at the next regularly scheduled Constitutional amendment election on November 8, 2011, to determine the will of the citizens of the State of Texas regarding a declaration of independence from the government of the United States.

Be it further Resolved that:

The vote of the citizens on the issue of independence be non-binding and advisory only.

That the results of the voting of the citizens of Texas be reported to the Governor and the sitting members of the Legislature of the State of Texas for further consideration in accordance with the wishes of the citizens of the State of Texas.

That the results of the voting also be reported to the both houses of the United States Congress and the President of the United States.

That the wording of the issue to be placed on the ballot shall be as follows:

That the State of Texas should declare its independence from the United States of America and return to a Republican form of government as the Republic of Texas.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/9/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I was going to post this in my other thread, but wanted people to see it, instead of it getting lost in the 12 pages of trolling efforts.

edit on 3/9/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wonderful. I hope it means something. The Federal government is so powerful, and the states are so financially intertwined with big government that I am skeptical of this truly happening. Even if nothing concrete happens, it does send a positive message to the Feds. Your power is derived from us. The Federal Government is illegitimate without the consent of the governed. If the time comes where the consent is ignored, or overruled, then the time for revolution has come. Many would argue it already has.
edit on 9-3-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Very informative LF. As of late, I must say your presented threads with facts and conclusions is impressing. Im waiting however, for your new found friend Sinnthia to show his/her attempted trolling efforts.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
LemonF; heres another thread involving military movement in Texas.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you have any insight into this, or is this false?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I still have not seen this actually enter the rolls of the legislature. Has it been filed yet? Do we have a bill number at all? I ask because I would like to track it's progress.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Reply to post by rogerstigers

I was looking for it, but can't find it yet.

Rep Leo Berman is sponsoring it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Fee FI Foe Fum

Whereas Texas voted for their ex governor TWO times

Whereas the gentleman from Texas started building onto government immediately following his election

Whereas the gentleman from Texas then started attacking constitutional principals shortly there after

Whereas the Texas' population participated heavily in advocacy to re elect the gentleman from Texas

Whereas Texas was nowhere to be seen during nearly a decade of this behavior

Whereas their disapproval would have been SYMBOLICALLY HUGE in stopping this behavior

Nowas Texas has allegedly been victimized by the tyranny of big government

Wowas did you take an eight year long nap?

Therefore whatevs

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Oh yeah.. I forgot. Because noone did anything in the past, we are supposed to continue not doing anything in the future.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

When is Texas going to try and seceed again? I head this exact same thing two years ago. This is getting silly now, posting thread after thread about something that never happens.

If Texan secessionists want to be taken seriously by the rest of the country, they'd actually practice what they preach instead of sitting behind computer screens trying to convince the rest of us. Walk the talk.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Mods, if you want to, you can copy paste the OP into my OP I made when the news first came out.

Then shut this one down.

Either or is fine by me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Oh yeah.. I forgot. Because noone did anything in the past, we are supposed to continue not doing anything in the future.

No no, Texas did do something, they supported the policies of GWB and helped reelect him...

The only solution I see abound is to radicalize his fiscal policies and radicalize his social tenets too
edit on 9-3-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That is not pertinent to the topic at hand. Please stay on topic. Thanks

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

When is Texas going to try and seceed again? I head this exact same thing two years ago. This is getting silly now, posting thread after thread about something that never happens.

It did not quite happen two years ago. It was planned to, but there were some snags in the road, so it was put off until the next session, which is this year.

If Texan secessionists want to be taken seriously by the rest of the country, they'd actually practice what they preach instead of sitting behind computer screens trying to convince the rest of us. Walk the talk.

Over one million signatures is not quite sitting behind a computer doing nothing.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Over one million signatures is not quite sitting behind a computer doing nothing.

Really now?

Petition to Secede

Fill in three lines and hit send. Now I have signed it too.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
God Bless the Great State of Texas!

It actually brought a tear to my eye to hear of people standing up to the tyranny coming out of DC instead of just complaining about it. I hope South Carolina does the same thing (we do have a history of that kind of thing.
)

I love my country and I would never want for the various Independent States to dissolve the union that has served us so well for over two centuries; BUT a message must be sent, and this is the way to do it.

It's time to tell TPTB in D.C.: "HEY! You want a fascist regime? Fine. Leave us - and our tax dollars - out of it.

GO TEXAS!
edit on 3/9/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

top topics

join