It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Fantasy # 15 Comic Book Sold Yesterday for $1.1 Million Dollars !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
From the news source:

"PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- A comic collector has been caught in Spider-Man's web, paying $1.1 million for a near-mint copy of "Amazing Fantasy" No. 15, which features the wall-crawler's debut. The issue, first published in 1962, was sold Monday by a private seller to a private buyer, ComicConnect.com chief executive Stephen Fishler told The Associated Press on Tuesday."

and continues on to say:

"It's not the highest price ever paid for a comic book, an honor that goes to "Action Comics" No. 1 with Superman on the cover, which went for $1.5 million.

But Fishler says the price paid is the most for a book from the Silver Age, the mid-1950s to about 1970.

"The fact that a 1962 comic has sold for $1.1 million is a bit of a record-shattering event," he said. "That something that recent can sell for that much and be that valuable is awe-inspiring."

Source: movies.msn.com...

This is amazing in my opinion that such a recent comic book would sell for such a high amount!

Wondering how many more copies are just sitting around someone's house waiting to be found????
edit on 3/9/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
what a loser, spending 1.1 million dollars on a comic book, i bet he doesnt even dare to turn the pages. people are starving out there and we get planks like that spending fortunes on a bit of coloured paper.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Unfortunately we don't live in a society where people with more money then sense take it upon themselves to solve the problems of the world.

People are free to waste their money as they please... you and I may find it offensive but It's their choice.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Double post

edit on 9/3/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join