It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intruder Calls 911, Afraid Homeowner May Have Gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
Dispatcher: Does he seem drunk or high?

Homeowner: Well he's obviously nuts!

Intruder: I was kidnapped by Mexicans!

For once a B&E that is pretty damn hilarious.

Oh yeah that part was funny!

"kidnapped" ???

Aliens would fit right in.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Damn, sucks that the homeowner couldn't just shoot him anyway. Anybody breaking into my house when I am home is not going to need a lawyer just a priest.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Some thieves are weird like that. Seems odd that he would take a shower. Possible homeless person, doesn't seem like genuine criminal behaviour. Unless the guys mentally ill.

We were robbed last year, and I kid you not the only thing taken was 2 pizzas, a toaster and an old VHS player. This was last year, so you can imagine how little a VHS player was worth. They ignored my £1200 computer, expensive clothing, tv, watch, dvd player, games consoles. All these things in plain view, left alone.

There's definately a few thieves about who aren't all there in the head. Could be a crackhead

Good info, where do you live again??

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I sometimes keep my AK in my vehicle so in this type of situation screw the cops call an ambulance cuz he's not walking away from this one.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is about the 6th story I've heard this week.

I have a feeling this is related to the NWO. People are becoming more afraid. People aren't seeing what they can achieve alone and are relying on forces to take care of the obstacles in our path.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think he's off his chopps on ICE.
It reminded me of this story. kind of off topic but still funny
www.youtube.com...

and this ones a classic

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Now if this homeowner had a stolen army battle tank in his garage I would understand why this dude would call 911 after the break in but come on just a gun?

edit on 10-3-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Actually it is NOT a go ahead and make my day scenario as it happened in Oregon!

The Castle Doctrine has NOT been enacted here and if you injure an intruder you can go to prison, don't even get me started on what happens if you are forced to kill one!

Portland is a Terrible place to live due to stupidity in legislation that creates situations like this.

They have this thing called measure eleven here where even if you are the VICTIM in an assault and FIGHT BACK you can and WILL still do 2 YEARS in jail!

And that is if it's unarmed combat ... get a "weapon" involved like a bat or golf club and you're talking end of your life felony violent crime convictions for trying to protect yourself or your family from an ASSAILANT.

I will be so glad to get out of this mental asylum! These laws that protect those that would commit crimes over the general public have exactly the effect one would expect... Over crowded jails ( people caught with several ounces of illegal substances go free due to the crowding after being booked in) Portland is also known as a safe haven and easy living for criminals and train gangs of homeless people. (before anyone gets on me about saying something about the homeless, I spent 8 months homeless and got myself back on my feet)

It's really sad to read articles like this and hear that some people think they are FUNNY! You should be angry not laughing. Can you imagine what the poor home owner feels like?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by America?

I dont get everyone whos saying things like 'he's lucky coz I woulda shot him etc' I hope these quotes are not meant to be serious because if they are then I find it quite shocking.

I understand when someone breaks into your house its very intrusive and I am by no means at all one of these passifist idiots who say they would never use violence under any circumstance. I even had someone set fire to my last flat with me inside so Im even more cautious than most people, but this guy is obviously not your typical burgler. Its obvious that he is scared and has a seriously deminished mental state. I no some people say you shouldnt take any chances, but there must be limits there somewhere. Especially if they are unarmed and you can aprehend the person without having to harm them.

With this guy acting out any violence would certainly be totally uncalled for. You could make it clear that if he doesnt comply he might be hurt, but this guys state of mind I doubt his ability to make rashional decisions. He certainly doesn't appear dangerous and if I had a mentally unstable family member who wandered of and found their way into a persons home, then was shot for just being in there I definately would not side with the home owner.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious

I dont get everyone whos saying things like 'he's lucky coz I woulda shot him etc' I hope these quotes are not meant to be serious because if they are then I find it quite shocking.
Allow me to be more clear then. If you break into my house and I catch you there YOU WILL DIE. Don't break in and the life you save will be your own

I understand when someone breaks into your house its very intrusive and I am by no means at all one of these passifist idiots who say they would never use violence under any circumstance. I even had someone set fire to my last flat with me inside so Im even more cautious than most people, but this guy is obviously not your typical burgler. Its obvious that he is scared and has a seriously deminished mental state. I no some people say you shouldnt take any chances, but there must be limits there somewhere. Especially if they are unarmed and you can aprehend the person without having to harm them.
I don't care. He should not be there. I am not going to take the time to ask why he broke in. My Smith will do all of the talking. Find a liberal's house.

With this guy acting out any violence would certainly be totally uncalled for.
LOL. So was the break-in.

You could make it clear that if he doesnt comply he might be hurt, but this guys state of mind I doubt his ability to make rashional decisions. He certainly doesn't appear dangerous and if I had a mentally unstable family member who wandered of and found their way into a persons home, then was shot for just being in there I definately would not side with the home owner.
My S&W will handle all necessary communications.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Not if someone mentally doesn't understand whats going on. A child or young kid who could break into a house would be commiting an illegal act but I hope that you wouldn't shoot them!

Seems like some people just want an excuse to shoot someone so they have a story to tell. If you can't subdue an unarmed intruder in your home and instead choose to shoot them then I tend to believe that this sort of person would shoot someone just for the thrill of it if they knew that they could get away with it.

By no means is breaking into someone home right, but I dont think burglery deserves a death sentence, especially if the person in question is severly lacking in mental capacity like this guy. FGS show some restraint!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

You do understand that home invasions often end in death or injury to the surprised home owner, correct? I am not taking any chances. A child who breaks into my house while I am there might not get shot depending on age and attitude. A "teenage gangbanger" with a f*ck you attitude will likely get shot.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Caller: Somebody's really drunk driving down Granton Rd.

Dispatcher: Okay, are you behind them, or...

Caller: No I am them.

Dispatcher: You am them?

Caller: Yes, I am them.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious

With this guy acting out any violence would certainly be totally uncalled for. You could make it clear that if he doesnt comply he might be hurt, but this guys state of mind I doubt his ability to make rashional decisions. He certainly doesn't appear dangerous and if I had a mentally unstable family member who wandered of and found their way into a persons home, then was shot for just being in there I definately would not side with the home owner.

I agree with you completely. It's worrying that people think robbery justifies killing a guy.

I remember waking up once. I'd been out on the piss and woke up on my couch and across the room there was some guy on my couch. Assuming it was my brother I flicked the lights on to wake him up. Turns out I was sat across from a complete stranger. This guy was gone, when I woke him he thought I was robbing his house! Turns out it was the neighbour from a few doors down, had far too many to drink(maybe drugs too) and let himself into the wrong house.

He's an otherwise good guy, and I got to know him a bit after that. But I wonder if he'd ended up in the house of some members on here, he'd potentially be dead. And for what? Making the mistake of drinking too much.

If somebodies threatening I'm all for shooting them. I can understand that. But shoot them in the arse or something. Purposely killing a guy, a gangbanging robber or otherwise, that's not cool. Infact it makes you worse than them. Without question it makes you worse than they are. That's some no moral having scum of the earth type behaviour.

What would Jesus think of you guys

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

You cannot get into my house by accident. If you are in my home, you had to break in. If you break in, you die.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Maybe I went a little too far. If this were to happen to me I would use discretion first, have my gun and apprehend him if possible. I would only shoot him if he were a threat as in Iowa we don't have the Castle Doctrine, which really sucks.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

That is why I need to have my gun on my belt. Problem is I cant bring a gun everywhere. I like my S.W. 45! It's a good defense weapon. Some times you don't even need to shoot it. You just pull it out on the a hole that tries to start something and it makes him run.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by NadaCambia

You cannot get into my house by accident. If you are in my home, you had to break in. If you break in, you die.

Nevermind. Your feeble ape brain cannot process even the most elementary of morals.

Just consider yourself lucky that society is above and beyond what you'll ever be. In an alternate world you'd be culled.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join