It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intruder Calls 911, Afraid Homeowner May Have Gun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Intruder Calls 911, Afraid Homeowner May Have Gun

www.cnn.com

A man who broke into a house in Portland, Oregon, called police — afraid the homeowner may have a gun.

The suspect, Timothy James Chapek, was in the bathroom taking a shower when the homeowner returned to the house Monday night, Portland police said in a statement.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I had to read this headline twice for it to sink in, and then I could not believe it until I listened to the 9/11 call.

Huh? The man who broke into the house decided to take a shower? Then, he calls 9/11 for help...he was afraid the homeowner had a gun, seriously?

Video of the 9/11 call at the link, where both the burgler and the homonwner call 9/11.

The burgler can be heard telling the homeowner he already called 9/11.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
LOL If I had it my way, there would be a lot more calls like this!

Oh S...! They are home and daddy's got the gun out.... Call the cops to save us!!!!

good one.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Unbelieveable! I would be cracking up if I was that homeowner! "No, come on out, it's ok, you just broke into my home, no hard feelings, really come on out.....do you know what a 'castle doctrine' is? Don't be shy."

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Seriously, this could have a totally different ending.

What really scares me about this story? Most break - ins dont end like this.
Especially where there is a male suspect, and a female home alone.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Plants and animals die for this person to live.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Anyone ever see the movie Momento?
Go to 4mins in- he gets in the shower around 5:50 before the occupant gets home...

Maybe the guy had short term memory damage like Momento guy.
edit on 9-3-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yep its a "Go ahead, make my day" scenario. Truly unbelievable, poor widdo intruder, he just wanted to come in eat some porridge, take a shower and nap before going to the soup kitchen...

Depending on how this ends we will see if homeowners rights are being stripped along with everything else with the middle class lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There is nothing quite like almost spitting out coffee while reading a news item like this in the morning.

thank you for the laugh

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Watched long enough to see it turn violent.

Exactly....

This incident in the OP is dangerous, seriously. I could lead people to a false sense of
safety during a crime. I'll tell you what, the second I thought there was someone in my house,
I'd get out if I could. Gun or no gun.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Funniest thing I've seen on ATS all week... almost as good as fox shoots hunter.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Back a few years when I was in the security business (you get all the odd stories then) there were two cases, one in Toronto, one somewhere in the US (would have to look that up again)

The one in Toronto... crook tosses a cement block through a patio door, slips on the broken glass and falls so that his wrists slice on the door. Home owner comes home, sees the guy bleeding to death and calls ambulance.

After crook tries to sue homeowner. Judge rules that because the crook broke the glass he has no case, but had the glass been broken, he would have been able to sue.

The other case... two young thugs break into the house of a boxer. They take some knives from the kitchen and head upstairs. The boxer heard them, came down the stairs and a tussle ensued. End result the boxer turned the knife on a perp. This went to court and the community came to the aid of the boxer to get money for a lawyer to defend him... despite the fact that the perps had the knives and he was originally unarmed

One more in Winnipeg... My neighbor... crook breaks into his bedroom window while they were sleeping. He had a black labrador that went for the crook and grabbed his leg, breaking the skin and held on... The cops came back after and wanted to kill the dog because he had attacked a human. My neighbor said you come for the dog, you come through me first... that one at least worked out... cops backed down as the dog was inside the house doing his job

I am glad I live in Nevada now... we can still shoot the perp in our house.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The dog should have gotten a medal or the key to the city park or something!

Those are pretty good. I'm glad I live in Florida, we can shoot wherever we are! Castle Doctrine recently changed to apply to a person's space wherever they are. There is no longer a "retreat clause."

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

You can't make this kinda stuff up!

Talking about getting yourself into a situation....life is stranger than fiction! Great post, thank you!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Dispatcher: Does he seem drunk or high?

Homeowner: Well he's obviously nuts!

Intruder: I was kidnapped by Mexicans!

For once a B&E that is pretty damn hilarious.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wow. That is way too funny. I guess when you need a shower you need a shower.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
guess he had to wash up after crapping his pants,

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Some thieves are weird like that. Seems odd that he would take a shower. Possible homeless person, doesn't seem like genuine criminal behaviour. Unless the guys mentally ill.

We were robbed last year, and I kid you not the only thing taken was 2 pizzas, a toaster and an old VHS player. This was last year, so you can imagine how little a VHS player was worth. They ignored my £1200 computer, expensive clothing, tv, watch, dvd player, games consoles. All these things in plain view, left alone.

There's definately a few thieves about who aren't all there in the head. Could be a crackhead

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hahahaha, that's what would happen if I came home to a person in my home. They would be staring down the barrel of a loaded kel-tec sub 2000 that looks like and AR and has the power of a .357 magnum, that'd make em call the cops I think.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Lmfao.. The gene pool getting shallower over there.. Ta for a good laugh

top topics

<<   2 >>

join