It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR - Full Damage Control Mode : CEO Vivian Schiller Resigns in Disgrace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
James O'Keefe strikes again! NPR is on the ropes and in full damage control mode.
We have video 1.....video 2.....maybe more.
Ron Schiller Tells the Truth
I'm waiting for a White House response on NPR funding now that we all know the truth about NPR.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yeah I just saw this on yahoo news. But Vivian did not say that comments why is she the one resigning if she didn't say the comments

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Video 1 and Video 2 are a gold mine of truth caught by James O'Keefe & Company.
Ron Schiller spills the beans on many subjects. The funding of NPR , firing of Juan Williams and
even Global Warming strategy. "Label people Global Warming Deniers, then cover it only
as a political story not a science story." Well now, isn't that clever.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

But What I saw was the news thing of Vivian being let go for what Ron said about the Tea party.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

James O'Keefe should be given a Medal of Freedom.
He just saved us $450 Million !
NPR Stung Badly

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

But What I saw was the news thing of Vivian being let go for what Ron said about the Tea party.

It's pretty simple.

This woman was in charge when all the SHTF. In the corporate (non-union) world, the buck and being held responsible stops at the top, and so that is person that will ultimately take the rap.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

When NPR gets cut off George Soros will just walk in the front door and cut them a check.
-----------------------------------------------------------
If Juan Williams files a wrongful termination suit Vivian Schiller would be called in to testify.
-- Damage Control --

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Everything Schiller said was true. Sometimes the truth hurts.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
One factor to her "resignation' that some have over looked is her speech given at the National Press Club on March 7th. She tried to address the critical view that NPR is left/liberal.

Here are a few things she said:

We are also growing in TRUST. According to recent Pew report, NPR is the ONLY national news organization to see a meaningful increase in public trust over the last decade.

NPR's audience is not a left and right coast phenomenon. We are urban and rural; north and south, red state and blue state. Our listeners are equally distributed throughout every part of America – because of our unique network of local member stations. Rooted in their communities, locally owned, operated and staffed. These are citizens serving citizens.

and

Our reach has its limits of course, and our coverage — its critics. We are working to expand the diversity of our audience, our staff, sources and stories — to do a better job speaking to people across the spectrum of thought, experience and background.

And we're paying aggressive attention to our ethical decision-making — the standards and practices that journalism at our level demands.

In doing so we hope to develop an even larger following in the country – and better serve our mission to inform and enlighten.

Read those statements, then look at the contrast of the Ron Schiller story. They flat out contradict each other.

If you would like to read her speech in full is can be found here.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

The U.S. taxpayers are not going to fund this garbage. Let George Soros pay for it.
Wait for video #3.

edit on 9-3-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
We need to de-fund NPR. If they can't stand on their own, then they don't need to be around.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

It looks like the sting took place in Georgetown. They rented a limo. It worked! Busted!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

More bad news for Ron Schiller. He just lost his new job at the Aspen Institute.
I guess maybe he said something -- wrong and disgraceful --.
You're fired! Twice!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
While no fan of NPR and their liberal slant, this I don't understand.
When did it begin that stating your mind cost you your job, you had to publically apologize, get drug through the mud, etc. Seems this only happens when it's politically beneficial to someone else. She has a right to freedom of speech, I can just consider her an idiot if I think she is one, firing her doesn;t change anything, the next lefty is already there to step in.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I think it's the lawyers for NPR calling the shots. -- Damage Control --
Senior VP of Legal Affairs & General Counsel Joyce Slocum has been moved in to take over as interim CEO.
That means more fallout is on the way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why did James O'Keefe have to expose this dirty truth at NPR.
Where was ABC, CBS or NBC???

--------------------------------
James O'Keefe should get the Pulitzer Prize for his effective reporting.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
When did it begin that stating your mind cost you your job, you had to publically apologize, get drug through the mud, etc. Seems this only happens when it's politically beneficial to someone else. She has a right to freedom of speech, I can just consider her an idiot if I think she is one, firing her doesn;t change anything, the next lefty is already there to step in.

Um, when you receive almost 90% of your funding from the fed Govt (Tax dollars) you are beholden to those controlling the purse.
Plus the fact that they claim to be non-biased, then turn around and have the top people expressing this liberal distorted view is lying on the first claim.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Um, when you receive almost 90% of your funding from the fed Govt (Tax dollars) you are beholden to those controlling the purse.
Plus the fact that they claim to be non-biased, then turn around and have the top people expressing this liberal distorted view is lying on the first claim.

I found the ENTIRE 2 hour NPR undercover video at James O'Keefes own website.
This is starting to look like Watergate 2.0.
-- NPR Full Video -- Wow!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

When did it begin that stating your mind cost you your job, you had to publically apologize, get drug through the mud, etc.

Uh, try asking Juan Williams, who was fired by NPR for "speaking his mind".

Happens all the time now in this era of "Political Correctness".

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I dont get why you would speak to anyone you're potentially working with in such a way.

Unless every group this guy has worked with in the past has shared his perspective. Is it actually a selling point to speak in such a way about people for groups who would affiliate themselves with NPR?

I have my views but they never come into the office. Even when speaking to someone who openly speaks in such a way I could assume they have many of my views in common I would not speak so candidly. It's simply improper.

new topics

top topics

join