It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Seeing things that aren't there (personal experience)

page: 1

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:50 PM
(I'm not quite sure if this is the correct forum to post this, but I'll let the mods figure that one out).

Anyway, this happened while I was at work today. Not to give too much boring detail, my job entails performing field inspections of equipment. Anyway, my car was parked on a residential street, and my partner was out doing the inspection while I waited in the car. I was sort of zoning out when I noticed a very strange creature hanging from a tree. It was probably the size of a large cat and looked sort of like a white-furred Gremlin (from the movie of the same name). Since I wasn't exactly focused, it took me a second to realize this wasn't normal

I jumped a little, a blinked. It was gone. What was in it's palce was a small branch and leaves in the same general shape of the gremlin. Keep in mind, I saw a solid, white creature with detail such as claws, eyes, and teeth. The leaves were green and not exactly opaque.

I guess what I'm saying is, I never really understood how people could see things clearly that weren't actually there. Now that it's happened to me, I can sort of understand people who say they've seen Bigfoot or Nessie clearly for a moment, and then see it 'dart back into the woods/water'. Not that I'm saying this has caused me to disbelieve in those things, but I understand how many people who give truthful reports of sightings really just saw something in their heads.

Just figured I'd share this with you. Comments or opinions welcome.

new topics