It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Warning Of 'Food Price Riots In The UK'

page: 2
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by larphillips


From what I read into this, there is nothing in this story that makes it unique to the UK. We could certainly see similar problems in the US, Canada, and Europe... if not worse.


Why do you compare an island to a continent?

Completely different.


Tell me how? Food-wise, it seems that the UK has been relatively self-suffient in modern times... or at least as self-sufficent as Canada and the US. Explain how different things are in the UK for modern food production and distribution. I'll admit I'm no expert on the UK, so I welcome any potential enlightenment.


Food wise how much food is produced in the UK vs how much is produced in the US.... How much land is used in the UK vs how much land is available in the US?

These are two completely different things altogether




posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by larphillips


From what I read into this, there is nothing in this story that makes it unique to the UK. We could certainly see similar problems in the US, Canada, and Europe... if not worse.


Why do you compare an island to a continent?

Completely different.


Tell me how? Food-wise, it seems that the UK has been relatively self-suffient in modern times... or at least as self-sufficent as Canada and the US. Explain how different things are in the UK for modern food production and distribution. I'll admit I'm no expert on the UK, so I welcome any potential enlightenment.


Food wise how much food is produced in the UK vs how much is produced in the US.... How much land is used in the UK vs how much land is available in the US?

These are two completely different things altogether


Well, population plays a big part in this as well. You have to ratio domestic food production vs. total population as well as farmable land vs. population. In that, I would imagine that you would get numbers that have a much better comparison. Again, as another poster points out, the UK is much more than simply the island that comprises England and Northern Ireland.



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips
 


In the US alone, we have soooooo much more land than we have population.... It's just that most of us choose to live on top of each other in cities.



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by larphillips
 


In the US alone, we have soooooo much more land than we have population.... It's just that most of us choose to live on top of each other in cities.


Oh yeah, there is a #ton of land in the US. How much of it is farmable is a completely different story.



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips
 


This is exactly how everyone I know feels...so tired of working so hard for peanuts...

But please listen to this-

Nothing ever progresses, things just cycle around and round. Do not be discouraged by times of need, as fear is exaclty what they want you to fear.

Remember when JFK said the famous line- " The only thing we have to fear is fear itself', well I am here to say that

"Not even fear is worthy of your energy...love will bring you peace, and only love."



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EchoM
Remember when JFK said the famous line- " The only thing we have to fear is fear itself', well I am here to say that


Actually it was FDR, but I get your point.



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by larphillips
 


In the US alone, we have soooooo much more land than we have population.... It's just that most of us choose to live on top of each other in cities.


Oh yeah, there is a #ton of land in the US. How much of it is farmable is a completely different story.


Enough for every one to grow their own food...



posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka
 


Saying you each have enough land is not the same as saying that land is being used for food production.

It takes time to prepare the land, time grow your own food, time for animals to mature. Is that time we really have?

edit on 10/3/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join