It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery's payload bay picture clearly shows a reflection of a hand(s) ring

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I dont know why this would seem odd, it's just one of the members taking a picture from the window.

The shuttle went up, I saw it. I have proof.

The astronauts do take pics from space and you can view them on various sites.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Oh dear I can't believe what crazy conclusions people jump to.

So a reflection from the window that the guy is taking the picture through is suspicious? Is this what conspiracy theories have come to?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong
Well all good pictures I may of over reacted a little am still thinking "Do astronauts wear rings up there" with no safety concerns?

Thanks all
Zelong.

Wearing a watch and a ring.

I'm trying to think why a ring would be a safety concern in space taking a picture through a window. Do you think there's an electrocution hazard or some other concern that a ring might cause?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
that's a photoshopped pic of the shuttle, and the photo was taken by shooting a pic of either a framed glass photo of it, or a computer monitor. If you look closely at the shuttle you can tell it's all digital.

Though there are two cabin peep holes on either side of the bay...

...if the reflected image affected the camera that much, it would not get SUCH a clear image. Plus, he could have put the camera right agains the glass, that way there is no interference. And, correct me if im wrong here, but if he were that far away then the edges of the glass would have been visible. The are'nt that big.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Oh, my god... it's Nibiru!!! You can see the plasma burning off to the sides of the dark star of doom!!!
I am forever in fear!!! What shall we do?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There are two rear-facing windows that look into the payload bay. This is where they operate the robotic arm from:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is what I'm talking about, look at the difference in photo quality. With only slight reflective interference...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
reply to post by RANDOMguess

What are you guys crazy this is a model with a reflection of two hand and the background . You can even see ring a the persons finger.

Go Home!!! Astronauts cannot be married apparently?

WHAT! Astronauts can't get married....are you retarded, there is even a film called The Astronaut's Wife. And I said the pic looks like a model, so why would an Astronaut take the picture. Or do you think only people whom have been to outer space can take photos of miniature model sets....you simple person learn to read.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It is a reflection, the reason you see it there is because who ever is taking the photo has the sunlight pretty much straight in his/her face. That illuminates the person to such a degree that the quality of the glass appears more reflective than see through.
You would get the same result if you took a photo out your own window towards the sun and there was a dark background in the majority of the shot.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Just some calculations:

You can fin the original image here: spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

Looking at the EXIF data, it was taken with a Nikon D3S, with a Nikon 28mm-70mm f/2.8 lens set at 28mm. You can see the tech specs for that lens here: www.nikonusa.com...

According to those specs, the lens has a maximum field of view of 74 degrees.

It looks like the hands span about 2/3rds of the frame, which would be about 50 degrees. When I measure my hands holding a Nikon D700, roughly the same size as the D3S, they're about 11 inches across. So we can make a right triangle with an angle of 50 degrees and an opposite side length 5.5 inches. Solving for the other side, we can find that image sensor on the camera is about 11.8 inches from the image of the hands. Since the light has to go from the hands, bounce off the window, and into the camera lens and onto the sensor, we know that the image sensor is actually about half the distance we calculated from the window, or about 5.9 inches.

Going back to the tech specs for the lens, we find it's 88.5mm (3.5 inches) in length. Add another about 0.5 inches from the back of the lens to the image sensor in the camera and we have 4 inches. So we can say the front of the lens is only about 2 inches away from the window. That seems like a reasonable distance.

Also, with a field of view of 74 degrees, and the image sensor being about 5.9 inches from the window, we know that the width of the field of view at the window would be about 9 inches. The windows are certainly wider than 9 inches, which is why we don't see the edges of the windows in the photograph.
edit on 9-3-2011 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by judgiebegoode
reply to post by Zelong

Oh, my god... it's Nibiru!!! You can see the plasma burning off to the sides of the dark star of doom!!!
I am forever in fear!!! What shall we do?

Hahahahaha well played sir! That deserves a star!

If you look you can see nibiru peeking out behind the earth.... Some joker tried to tell me it was the sun. I call shenanigans!

edit on 9-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Ooh.. that darned Eucladian geometry!! Gets us every time!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hey guys things are even more strange than first thought.... not only do I have proof that Nibiru is in that picture, but I also have proof that terrorist have taken over the shuttle and are acting silly!

edit on 9-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The Discovery was lucky....

The Enterprise had to deal with those nasty fingerprints.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

good find. I can see it clearly. My only guess is it's a reflection off the glass from which the picture is being taken.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
well, this thread came out of left field. Why would this picture raise any questions? I mean, it is cool and all, always love seeing shots from space

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If this is a reflection, im still left wondering why the hands have only 3 fingers? Also wondering why no one mentioned this yet, perhaps my eyes are fooling me.

What I find odd about this is that would be the shared hand of the lil fellows who did crash in Roswell. Many reputable individuals have already stated that those that where found with the craft had strange 6 fingered hands.

Now most every time you will be told things by individuals such as these they are playing with your mind just a lil bit. The truth is these guys had 6 fingers total, 3 on each hand, and thumbs of course, which you have been told before they did not have.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I remember when they trained astronauts how to use cameras.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Someone's probably taking a photo of a reflective print. Maybe this is NASA visitors center?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Did anyone else fail to realise that astronauts in space wouldnt be wearing a business suit. The cuff around the wrist of the person holding the camera. Not only shows the business suit outer layer but the shirt on the inside aswell. Also if this were taken from inside the discovery they would not be able to take that picture. You would see the roof or top part covering the shuttle. If it's one that can open like a sardine can.

Then they would have there space suits on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join