It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear threat to US city

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Has anybody here heard that rumor about a nuclear threat to a US city last week? Allegedly a US city was almost lost because somebody was going to detonate a nuclear device.....Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody else had heard about that, and had more information to offer.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
No idea what you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I saw this also on Northeast Intelligence Network. Apparently they are only making the info available to subscribers of their newsletter. I can't afford the $99 per year to satisfy my curiousity.

Hopefully the story will leak out, sooner or later.
Maybe this was what prompted Ridge to get out the and re-issue his warning.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ummm, please start with a reference, link(s), articles, eye witnesses etc.. Where did you hear it? Names, places, dates. If you don't see it reported than it probably wasn't. Although there were rumors that a nuke was found in an american city in 2001, but as of late there has been nothing new.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ok...here's all that I know.
I heard Art Bell on coast to coast AM mention briefly last night that there was a "rumor" going "all over" the internet, that there was a nuclear threat to a US city last week.

Like the previous poster mentioned, there is a hint of this story at homelandsecurityus.com . The information on that site is included in a premium newsletter that I also do not have a subscription to.

Now, I am in no way suggesting that this rumor is true (we all know how internet rumors work). I was just wondering what the specifics of the rumor was exactly. I looked for hours last night for information about this story and couldn't find it anywhere except for on the Northeast Intelligence Network.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by san76er
Ok...here's all that I know.
I heard Art Bell on coast to coast AM mention briefly last night that there was a "rumor" going "all over" the internet, that there was a nuclear threat to a US city last week.

Like the previous poster mentioned, there is a hint of this story at homelandsecurityus.com . The information on that site is included in a premium newsletter that I also do not have a subscription to.

Had a look at that website, it offers no real info, nothing credible...almost seems like a tease to get people to subscribe, anybody could make up a story like that, or lied to by someone claiming to know something.

But nevertheless, wouldn't do any harm to have a look around other forums and sites to sniff out something just in case.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by rangeroftheeast]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've been sniffing other sites that have a relationship with NEIN, and they haven't mentioned it. I tried Steve Quayle, I tried World Threats. They are usually pretty close to each other. Nothing so far.

If anyone does track down some more specifics on the rumor, I know... that's an oxymoron I'd like to see it.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Maybe it is just CHICKEN LITTLE testing our resolve!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
My question is this,

is a news sourse that leaked it, or was it a government sourse "leaking" on purpose to prep us for a nuclear bomb going off at election time?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
do you know what city it was that we almost lost if not try to find out

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The only source I have seen for this IS NOT a government agency. They are independent intelliegence analysts.

The are made up of people with years of experience in intelligence analysis. They have a number of arabic translators, and regularly monitor arabic language forums frequented by jihadists.

Take it for what you will. At this point, I am still just looking at it as internet rumor, but I am EXTREMELY interested to hear the rest of the story.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I would bet you all the money I have if those MUSLIM Terrorists get a nuke they will NUKE New York City.

The reasons:

1) The city is still the financial capital of the USA, Wall Street is there.
2) Large Jewish population (MUSLIM Terrorists HATE Jews)
3) The United Nations is there (MUSLIM Terrorist HATE the UN, too)
4) Radiation from there could flow south to Washington, DC and other cities
5) It would be easy for them to do it. Just put a crazy MUSLIM Terrorist in a cargo container with a NUKE on a ship. The ship docks in NY and then a MUSHROOM CLOUD and no more New York City.

I can see this happen within 50 years. All they have to do is get a Nuclear Weapon or material from sympathetic Pakistanis and there you go NUCLEAR TERRORISTS.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I think Washington DC could be a bigger target than NYC, because many national relics and monuments are there (the smithsonian institute has lots of practically priceless US treasures). Not to mention that this is the seat of the USA federal government. erasing even 1/3 of our federal leadership (Congress) could cause serious problems for the government for at least a short while ....Plus bagging a US president would be a supreme achievment.

Nuking ANY USA city WILL cause serious problems for countries the USA is watching closley right now....America WOULD retaliate at least with conventional weapons against other targets of opportunity in Iran, Syria, potentially N Korea as well...mabey all at once, mabey one at a time.
but if terrorists want to widen the conflict and suffering, Nuking any US city would wake the dragons wrath.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've had a look around for more info, and found this article from J. R. Nyquist:

Is al Qaeda Preparing a Nuclear Hit?

It doesn't really offer anything new I think, but collects the recent things which have cropped on the issue in the past few days.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I also visit NEIN, and I am somewhat dissapointed that they have now restricted info on this site.

It once was a good source of info, but the free door has been shut.

How about this, we get 5 people together and split the fee to NEIN.
$20 bucks a head and we share the login code.

john

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
imagine there IS a nuclear device detonated in NYC or chicago, and that the media informs us a DOMESTIC, ANTI-GOVERNMENT group [possibly linked to a known terrorist group] who claimed responsibility.

might that make the already stifling free-speech environment here far more oppresive and intolerant of dissent? i think we know the answer.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
I also visit NEIN, and I am somewhat dissapointed that they have now restricted info on this site.

It once was a good source of info, but the free door has been shut.

How about this, we get 5 people together and split the fee to NEIN.
$20 bucks a head and we share the login code.

john

I'm kinda surprised that a report as explosive and interesting as the one they just had on the supposed nuclear threat hasn't actually been posted elsewhere by a member, on a forum or newsgroup for example.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
I've been sniffing other sites that have a relationship with NEIN, and they haven't mentioned it. I tried Steve Quayle,

I firmly believe that if Steve Quayle doesn't know about it then it probably didn't happen. Not to say that we should trust our government HA!HA!

Please also know that not everything you hear on Art Bell is the whole darned truth. I say this even though I listen regularly and am a big fan!

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sound slike somebody is trying to make money.....getting people to subscribe...I have heard nothing of this....it's nothing more than a rumor

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ssiebern
I would bet you all the money I have if those MUSLIM Terrorists get a nuke they will NUKE New York City.

The reasons:

1)
4) Radiation from there could flow south to Washington, DC and other cities

I don't think any radiation would flow south. At least 90% or more of weather systems in the mid-atlantic states move from South West to North East. Therefore, radiation from a DC hit may float to NYC, but the other direction is fairly unlikely.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join