It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

arranged adoptions in Freemasonary...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
hi people, does anyone know or has anyone heard of arranged adoptions in Freemasonary ?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gaia.chi.au

What kind of adoptions are you refering to exactly?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

well l suppose what i am trying to say is one Freemason family wants a child and another Freemason family will have a child for them...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

REgardless of whether they are FMs or not, I am certain they would have to go through the legal channels in order to facilitate such a transaction. Yes, they are probably both Masonic families and the husbands are probably from the same Lodge and therefore friends. It is not unreasonable.

Is it a common Masonic practice? Certainly not in my experience, no.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
i've heard rumours about it, and in my case (i'm adopted and my adoptive father was a Freemason) my parents paid the lawyers to make it look like i was their own child and to hide all details of the adoption... i have tried to find my birth parents but there is no record at all of my adoption!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaia.chi.au
i've heard rumours about it, and in my case (i'm adopted and my adoptive father was a Freemason) my parents paid the lawyers to make it look like i was their own child and to hide all details of the adoption... i have tried to find my birth parents but there is no record at all of my adoption!

Hmmm , I know your story and many others like them .Yes you are onto something trust me .

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Hmmm , I know your story and many others like them .Yes you are onto something trust me .

Do go on. I'm sure we'd all love to know.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

yes please go on!!!! i would also love to know! i have heard the rumours about this (in Australia where i live) and believe the 'practice' stopped in the early 1970's here in Australia... i was born in 1971 so i am just on the tail end of this 'service' provided to masons, by masons...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Adoption is about as masonic as eating breakfast...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk
Adoption is about as masonic as eating breakfast...

I like breakfast.

And I adopted a motto once, if that counts.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yet i am a freemason and i don't eat breakfast.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

I like breakfast.

And I adopted a motto once, if that counts.

I adopted a bad attitude once, if that counts

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I know some other friends (non-Masonic) that have done this.

Originally posted by Darkk
Yet i am a freemason and i don't eat breakfast.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

do you mean you know some non-Freemason friends who have 'acquired' a child through the Freemasons or have simply adopted?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I think he means that he knows people who've adopted their friends' baby, regardless of fraternal affiliation.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
i'm especially intrigued about destroying the adoption records... i suspect the lawyer involved my have been a freemason also to want to go against what he knows is right and follow what the lodge says...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

i'm especially intrigued about destroying the adoption records... i suspect the lawyer involved my have been a freemason also to want to go against what he knows is right and follow what the lodge says...

Shortcoming with that proposition is that from the get-go, Masons are specifically instructed to be good and obedient citizens of the land, adhering to its laws. So by definition, no regular Lodge would counsel an act that contravenes the laws of the land.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I know non-Masonic friends who have adopted and also gone through the surrogate route with other non-Masons.

Why would the Lodge want to destroy the records and why would they care.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Well, he would have been going against what the lodge says if he broke the law. Such an act would be a felony, and get him immediately expelled from Freemasonry.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
would it not be plausible that the higher the degree of the mason the more he is 'committed' to his lodge and the more willing to protect the lodge? most masons would only reach the 3rd degree but there are another 30 degrees in masonry...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join