It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Office of Naval Intelligence and UFOs.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Classic stuff A51Watcher - that post and the important questions posed certainly makes for very interesting reading and needs some time to digest - haven't had much luck (or time either) recently but I did see this clip provided by Easynow about the extremely impressive UFO incident over Edwards Air Force base which appears to mention USAF 'UFO Officers' - it may be nothing but this document also appears to suggest the CIA has its own 'UFO experts', to be honest I haven't the foggiest idea what's going on.

All the best mate and kudos for the excellent research.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
it may be nothing but this document also appears to suggest the CIA has its own 'UFO experts', to be honest I haven't the foggiest idea what's going on.

Possibly off-topic for your interesting thread about the Office of Naval Intelligence, but I thought I'd throw in a quick email to mention that some details of the "UFO experts" that used to work for the CIA are known - including the names of some of them (particularly Kit Green).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Classic stuff A51Watcher - that post and the important questions posed certainly makes for very interesting reading and needs some time to digest - haven't had much luck (or time either) recently but I did see this clip provided by Easynow about the extremely impressive UFO incident over Edwards Air Force base which appears to mention USAF 'UFO Officers' - it may be nothing but this document also appears to suggest the CIA has its own 'UFO experts', to be honest I haven't the foggiest idea what's going on.

All the best mate and kudos for the excellent research.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

It is unquestioned that the CIA has its own "UFO experts", because it is an on-the-record fact that many early reconaissance programs (where the CIA had jurisdiction) were reported as "UFOs". (I heard this personally from an employee).

It stands to reason that later programs (only facts about the earliest ones were declassified) result in the same thing and they would be very interested in the perceived observability of their programs.
edit on 15-4-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

it may be nothing but this document also appears to suggest the CIA has its own 'UFO experts', to be honest I haven't the foggiest idea what's going on.

Possibly off-topic for your interesting thread about the Office of Naval Intelligence, but I thought I'd throw in a quick email to mention that some details of the "UFO experts" that used to work for the CIA are known - including the names of some of them (particularly Kit Green).

All the best,

Isaac

Hey Isaac, thanks for the post and will certainly have a look into that as it seems the CIA have a bit of a rich history when dealing with the UFO subject, there's also another interesting document here which appears to show the 'conclusions' of the supposedly objective Robertson Panel were already reached one year before - the reading gets a bit difficult towards the end but the article below also makes a few good points about how the CIA may be telling porkies when it claims it's 'closed its books' on UFOs.

CIA Papers Detail UFO Surveillance:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58c7adfaebbd.gif[/atsimg]

The C.I.A. has repeatedly said that it investigated and closed it's books on U.F.O.'s during 1952, according to Ground Saucer Watch, a nation-wide research organization of about 500 scientists, engineers and others who seek to scientifically prove or disprove the existence of U.f.O.'s, but 100 pages of documents obtained under a freedom of information suit, show "the Government has been lying to us all these years," it said.

Embassies Gather Information

Mr. Spaulding an aerospace engineer with Airesearch, one of the largest producers of aerospace components, said the documents show the United States embassies are used to help gather information on U.F.O. sightings and that the information "seems to be directed to the C.I.A., the White House and the National Security Agency."

Link

Cheers.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
July 3 1947 - San Diego, California

OREGONIAN (Portland) 7/5
OREGON JOURNAL (UP, San Diego) (Portland) 7/4
SAN FRANCISCO EXAMINER (AP, San Diego,7/4) (California) 7/5
DETROIT FREE-PRESS (UP) (Michigan) 7/5
NEW YOUR DAILY NEWS (UP, Chicago, 7/4) 7/5

Tell it to Admiral!

Two Navy Chief Petty Officers, Robert L, Jackson and William Baker, were at the Naval Station when they observed three disc-like objects approximately 20 miles west of the Station, over the Pacific Ocean.

The officers said the objects, flying at an estimated speed of 400 miles an hour, came in from the west and circled, then flew back out over the ocean.

"They were about half-way from the horizon," Jackson said. "They appeared to be round as saucers and were flying fairly close together in formation."

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by A51Watcher

So just exactly who were "The Brass" in the Pentagon in 1947 -before- President Truman changed the entire chain of command structure on July 24 1947?

Information on who held what post is readily available from September 17 1947 forward here:

link

but who held what positions there before this date? I find details on this hard to come by so far.

Ok I found the information I was looking for here:

link

So we now have official registers of who held what positions before and after Truman's restructure order.

A comparison of key positions may yield some interesting observations.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

So just exactly who were "The Brass" in the Pentagon in 1947 -before- President Truman changed the entire chain of command structure on July 24 1947?

Information on who held what post is readily available from September 17 1947 forward here:

link

but who held what positions there before this date? I find details on this hard to come by so far.

Ok I found the information I was looking for here:

link

So we now have official registers of who held what positions before and after Truman's restructure order.

A comparison of key positions may yield some interesting observations.

Cheers!

Some great,great research there my friend, I only wish I had the time to follow it up - especialy with the Naval connection aspect. Many thanks for some very interesting reading on this thread.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Ah yes, so many leads, so little time. Same problem here.

After I have done some sorting of the above info, I intend to contact The Black Vault fellow in that great google video you recently posted. (it's still working as of yesterday btw, obviously I spend my leisure time reading karl12 threads like several others do here.
)

He seems to point the finger at NORAD at this point. But who do THEY report to? And what is his take, on where the ONI fits in. His expertise could make creating a block diagram of department chains of command much easier I am thinking.

He may have some interesting insight on this matter considering he seems to file a new request with every pot of coffee he makes.

edit on 21-6-2011 by A51Watcher because: the usual of course

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

..He seems to point the finger at NORAD at this point. But who do THEY report to? And what is his take, on where the ONI fits in. His expertise could make creating a block diagram of department chains of command much easier I am thinking.

Well said my friend and I'm sure John Greenewald Junior would be a truly knowledgeable chap when it comes to unravelling the various chains of command involved - he has mentioned in the past that, although official documents appear to show otherwise, NORAD state they 'stopped collecting UFO intelligence іn 1965' but seeing as they are completely exempt from the Freedom of Information Act it's pretty difficult to verify - it is of course just speculation but I'd wager the NSA's close connections with the ONI over the years play a large role in the scheme of things somewhere.

As for NORAD, I don't know if you've heard his testimony but I did find USAF radar operator Michael Smith's case very interesting - apparently when a UFO is confirmed on radar screens the standard operating procedure to keep it to yourself, never to write anything down and notify NORAD immediatley.

Heres a short clip where he's testifying to how NORAD informed him to lie to Police Officers about the radar confirmation of several UFOs travelling over Michigan - a bit strange when you consider they completely deny being involved with the subject and collating reports.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

That's why I love playing that old card game known as 'fish' with you Karl.

When ever I name a subject I am looking for, you never reply with "Go Fish!"

Great link!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I still stop in and see what great research you (karl12) and area51watcher have added here. I'm deeply researching another subject at the moment and the following individual popped up in it. I don't usually pay him much attention because what little is known of him seems like--for the moment anyway--all anyone is ever likely to get about him.

He turns up everywhere and with just about everybody who has deep connections to the UFO AND Paraphysical communities for the last 60+ years.

C.B. Jones lays pretty low, but I'm sure you guys are somewhat familiar with him.

He ultimately claims that he has no knowledge of the government having knowledge of UFOs and that his interest is personal.

Maybe that's so and maybe it ain't, but 15 years in Naval Intelligence and a lifetime of intriguing associations deserves at least a look see I think.

Biographical Notes

Scott Jones was born in 1928, and lived at least part of his childhood between
Gulfport and Biloxi, Mississippi.

He joined the U.S. Navy in about 1946. Following flight training in the
Aviation Midshipman Program, he was commissioned in 1950. He was a career
officer in the U.S. Navy, serving during the Korean War as a fighter pilot,
which included two combat tours in VF-191, flying the F9F-2 Panther from the
USS Princeton.

He served in Naval Intelligence for approximately 15 years, including
assignments with Carrier Division 14, and as Assistant Naval Attache, New
Delhi, India, and Kathmandu, Nepal in the 1960s. He collected intelligence and
provided intelligence support throughout Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and
North Africa.

Jones has briefed the President's Scientific Advisory Committee, and has
testified before House and Senate committees on intelligence matters.

He retired from Naval Intelligence around 1976…

…If your field is ufology, you know Scott as a mover, shaker, organizer and
confidante of some of the central figures in UFO research. And if you are a
parapsychologist, you recognize the same face from countless symposia, boards
of directors, and the like. Ufologists and parapsychologists seldom
communicate, and even more rarely do they attend each other's meetings. So it
comes as a shock to each group to learn that Scott has a foot so firmly planted
in the "other" arena.

His interest in these fields appears to have been triggered by personal
experience. Scott describes his UFO sighting, which took place when he was a
Navy fighter pilot in the Korean War, thus: "As I rolled into a split-S to
descend to low altitude from around 30,000 feet, I saw a silver disc directly
overhead" ("Advanced Aerial Devices Reported During The Korean War", R. F.
Haines, LDA Press, Los Altos, CA, 1990, Page 54).

He also had a "parapsychological" experience, which he describes in these vague
terms: "When I retired from the Navy, as a result of something that happened to
me, in the Navy, which was parapsychological in nature, I decided that there
would be interest and there might be a commercial application, if what I was
calling then 'applied psychic phenomena' was understood, and could be used in
certain circumstances" (Lecture, Society for Psychical Research, England, 2
November 1990).
blockyourid.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

When ever I name a subject I am looking for, you never reply with "Go Fish!"

Maybe if we did say that more often we would have more time for research

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just came across this UFO writer

Timothy Good has conducted worldwide research on the UFO phenomenon including interviewing key witnesses and ... Leading authority on UFOs and the alien presence, Timothy Good discussed pilot sightings and government cover-ups. ...

People seem to be impressed by the amount of research documentation he accumulated.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

USO are reported a lot through the med, I have a maltese family and I remember a few years back hearing about one when I was out there.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You have to remember there are a bunch of bible thumpers in the military who wouldn't want on any reports any "UFO" information.

I'd suspect many a Naval Intelligence went into the ground with the people that suppressed it.

Then what did get filed could have been thrown away by someone higher up with a strong religious belief who didn't want such things going any higher to be recorded.

Maybe only 5% of "events" ever likely got filed to be placed into some box in an underground storage site that was likely shredded under contract decades ago.

Don't ever put faith in Government and you won't be disappointed.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Don't forget about "Victor" and the supposed "Area 51 alien interview "

"DNI" written at the bottom of the screen...

Not sayin its real, just bringin it up because of the DNI reference...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Tim Good is one of my favs as well. He can be a bit on the "fringe" side of the UFO spectrum but he always seems to have a good amount of data and witness testimony to back it up

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

Hey A51Watcher, right back at you on that one my friend and I think it has to be said that some of the DP witness testimony is pretty darn compelling - I'm sure you've seen it before but here's another relevant clip where retired Navy Commander Graham Bethune describes a very strange incident over the waters near Iceland in 1951 - he states that an unknown 'domed' object emerged from the ocean and flew alongside his aircraft, he also states that it was witnessed by 31 passengers and crew and, upon landing, Naval Intelligence required them to write individual reports

A pilot with top-secret clearance, U.S. Navy Commander Graham Bethune, had a UFO encounter while flying; he performed aerial maneuvers to avoid a collision.

Cheers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join