It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there really a Giant Pyramid in West Java, Indonesia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I actually wanted to post the following in "breaking alternative news". However, since this news is from end February, I decided to post it here. I also only found one source in English (a blog). However this blog took its content entirely from a credible Indonesian Language news site. Here are the links:

blog with English translation, 28 February 2011

Another site in English - 3 March

Credible Indonesian news Site - 25 february

Vivanews.com, 25 February VIDEO Inside

Wiki West jawa

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3856d88f4007.jpg[/atsimg]

A number of geologists and historians participated in the giant pyramid exploration. The team consists of a group of young men and the researchers, finally reached the peak as high as 988 meters above sea level.
Cable is being extended and the team began installing Geo-electric equipment they carry. Some 56 sensors that are fitted with altimeter (gauge height) strung from the top of the hill down the slope, each five meters.

Read more: newsflavor.com...

According to the sources serious research just started last month. Several Archeologists and scientists from Universities such as University of Indonesia (UI) have been invited to participate. However, none have released any official statement so far, since they went as private persons and not representing their respective institutes. Also the exact results from geo-electric and geophysics tests are not out yet. It would be amazing though, if it is true that as per the articles on vivanews.com, some archeolgists went "dumbstruck" after they examined some earth and stone samples beneath.

(TRANSLATION) However, the official statement from the department of archeology , faculty of culture, University of Indonesia mentions that they are not able to confirm yet about this finding. Head of department, Dr Irmawati Marwoto says that there has been no research done yet on this pyramid hill, because no historical or archeological evidence has been found yet. “we do not know yet. Because of what we know, any findings from that area originate from the pre historic age. Therefore we do not know, whether it is true that there is a building there, or even a pyramid,” said Irmawati when VIVAnews contacted her.

Another image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af739e652b29.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8226353a25ec.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e76cf41fced5.jpg[/atsimg]

Apparently, the first who pointed out about this "pyramid hill" is a private archeological research group called "Turangga Seta" , which firmly believes in the existence of pyramids in Indonesia and did publish their past findings on several online forums, as well as Facebook group. They also believe that the idea of Atlantis originates from Indonesia and that the lost continent is located in the South China Sea or Java Sea (wiki location hypotheses atlantis). However this group has often been ridiculed in the past by the Indonesian scientific community (check my signature as to some reasons why). Here is an illustration published by this group about the pyramid hill. I took the liberty to Photoshop this illustration in order to translate it from Indonesian into English:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6293d6d05da9.jpg[/atsimg]

Hmmm...let's see, their should be more news about this coming out in the following weeks, since it already starts to captivate the attention of the Indonesian online community. Personally, I am still tending that it is a natural mountain. It is just quite unbelievable to find a real pyramid of this size in Indonesia, in our age and time. Therefore I would like to ask, what is your opinion, ATS?

Cheers.....

Edit to Add: the images here actually depict 2 different "mountains", both near Bandung - west java: 1. Mount Sadahurip (first 3 mountain images) and 2. Mount Lalakon (4thmountain image on bottom) . The mentioned research has been done on Mount Lalakon

edit on 9-3-2011 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
S&F very interesting!

Will continue to read more later as i don't think I have ever heard of this structure.

I think your probably right it is a natural mountain, but has been shaped into a pyramid maybe?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

Looks very similar to the Bosnian "Pyramids" that are nothing more than natural geological formations. Apparently, these formations are more common than you would think.

Nice presentation though, I had never heard of this particular "pyramid" before

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thanks!

And yes the first images looks like some agriculture has been done on that "mountain". After all, west java is one of the most densely populated areas in the world.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Interesting and good find. I'd like to point out the very first image, look in the background at the rest of the hills, either they are all roughly that shape and natural, or these guys built a ton of pyramids then just let them go.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think it is natural.. The lines on the hill that look like steps look like rice paddocks.. I have seen many similar things whilst backpacking around Indonesia and Asia..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well Borobudur wasn't 'discovered' until 1000 years after it's creation - so it would be silly to rule it out completely as an artificial design.

That said since the 19th Century there have been plenty of developments across Java and it most likely is just a natural formation which has had farming down it's slopes.

Bandung is a big city with plenty of intelligent people there, universities and international schools. I'm sure if something comes of this it will be done properly.

Remember some people may think Java is some sort of ancient primal island and not the bustling mish-mash of cultures and business that it actually is. It was only last year that a thread appeared here with ancient dinosaurs being seen flying around Pangandaran. If anyone from here had been there they'd see that whilst there is a jungle peninsula there is also plenty of tourism (both domestic and foreign) that would have noticed these dinosaurs before.

Be interesting to see what it turns out to be.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

If these are natural formations, I have a question.

What geologic process laid the stones in the patterns that were found?

I guess we will have to wait for more info.

edit on 9-3-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

indeed judging by the quickness of news on this story. My research found that first it came out on 25 february, then update on 28 February, 1 March and last 3 March. So let's see how this develops. Nevertheless, something new to chew on.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Yep - you could compare the technological advance of Java more or less to China or Malaysia. On the other hand Java consists of several ethnicities alone, and you really find all sorts of people and natural settings on this island with more then 100 million citizens - from extremly rich to extremly poor, modern to traditional.

That being said, mysticism and a strong believe in Magic and Ghost world still persists here, and it would not surprise me, that the private archeological research group mentioned is using some sort of "magical spirit" help or drawing parts of their knowledge from mystical javanese Meditation.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
Apparently, the first who pointed out about this "pyramid hill" is a private archeological research group called "Turangga Seta" , which firmly believes in the existence of pyramids in Indonesia and did publish their past findings on several online forums, as well as Facebook group. They also believe that the idea of Atlantis originates from Indonesia and that the lost continent is located in the South China Sea or Java Sea (wiki location hypotheses atlantis). However this group has often been ridiculed in the past by the Indonesian scientific community (check my signature as to some reasons why). Here is an illustration published by this group about the pyramid hill. I took the liberty to Photoshop this illustration in order to translate it from Indonesian into English:

While researching and writing Part-3 of my trilogy Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1 and Part-2. I came across some interesting collaborating information for possibly ancient cultures and or civilization in that region. This could be a major breakthrough if true. I have also attempted to track the genetic breakdown and posted some of the information here Man's Genetic voyage. Fact, Speculation and Theories

If we look at the following animated map I made for Part-3 you'll notice how the sea levels rose and fell in various locations around the globe over that past 100,000 years. It wouldn't be hard to imagine ancient monument building man traveling on foot reaching certain locations now deemed too far for ancient man to have traveled yet they are in those locations.

The following is from my soon to be released Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-3

There was plenty of dry land then
that is now below sea level presently

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46dbdd5dafd9.gif[/atsimg]

Who were the Ancient Monument builders?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d0fd569b25f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow a sneak peak! can't wait for part 3 of your excellent series.....

And indeed, one of the most noticeable landmass which went underwater after the last ice age is in the Java sea, as per your illustration

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Interesting thread
S&F.

Looking at it it does look like terraced farming and that may account for the stones being laid out too in paths and walls, its probably been farmed that way for aeons ad the paths and walls covered over and replaced etc. Very interesting though and keep us updated on any more news about it!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Well if some smart guys decide that it really is man made I hope they stay away from the idea of a "religious site...temple" sort of ideas. Why does everything from antiquity that we do not understand have to be "religious"? Sigh!

The trouble with us is that we are soooooo conditioned to thinking "religion" because of our own religious indoctrinations that we naturally assume that all men are religious. It don't have to be so.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Deny ignorance and learn without fear...
In fact this can be another Bosnian situation. Pyramids exists there, scientific proved ! More than 12000 years old !!!
Who are we, with just a first look, to judge what is really there? Can be both things, man-made or natural.
Mayan pyramids of Chichen Itza were like these when then found them, and took 75 years to uncover all the debris, land and trees that covered them, and today we can see a great monument.
Let the adventure spirit of curiosity, uncover the truth for us.
The only thing that makes me laugh here is, how afraid the "owners" of wisdom and science are now. They don't want this to be uncovered because a life's register and study will be forced to be rewritten again and discovered that they were all wrong for centuries..
As i said, who are we with our small portion of existence to judge or deny the existence of this "fossilized" remains..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
stuff, like this if proven true ie, if its really man made, just make you wonder about how much we really know
our our history.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Natural formations.. See them in alot of places in s.e asia..
Feel sorry for the locals as the tranquillity there will now be disturbed with the scientists and busybodies that are sure to follow them...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
for me more proof of alien involvement. if this turns out to be a true pyramid it will be much older than Egypt's wonders and sorry to all the debunkers here but there is no way we mankind as a species built these structures alone not with the technology that existed more than 12000 years ago. I don't even think we can reproduce these structures now!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

that image is all photo shop are you kidding me?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So far Ive seen or read of pyramids in China, Bolivia, Mexico, Peru, Russia (old and new), Australia, Croatio, Germany, Italy, Bosnia, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Sicily, Ukraine, France, Greece, Korea, Brazil, Japan, Canary Islands, New Zealand, Sudan, Cuba, India, Iraq, Guatemala, Nigeria, North America, Samoa, Japan, Tahiti, Kazakstan and im sure there's plenty more that I cant think of right now.

Now it looks as though I might be able add Indonesia!

Why the square based pyramid shape? I'm sure there's a few Russian scientists who know the answer to that one.

If Java already has these.....

I dont see why they cant have more such structures, they certainly seemed capable.
edit on 9-3-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join