It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Millions' of dead fish surface in Redondo Beach marina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

'Millions' of dead fish surface in Redondo Beach marina

www.bbc.co.uk

US officials fear a public health hazard after an estimated one million sardines that inexplicably washed up in a California marina begin to rot.

The carcasses coated the surface of the King Harbor Marina in Redondo Beach, near Los Angeles, and piled as high as 18in (46cm) on the marina floor.

Officials said the fish had sought shelter from rough seas and soon exhausted the water's oxygen supply.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.signonsandiego.com
photoblog.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, don't want to speculate too much on this one but check out the video of the guy offering the scientists' explanation. Sounds more like a fairy tail to me, there's clearly a trend at the moment. This keeps propping up so for them to try to present every incident as a 'one off anomaly' is to treat anyone who hears or reads this as ignorant. Why hypothesise and immediately recycle the carcasses rather than conduct experiments? Scientists 'think' they have 'quite a rational explanation', they don't know..

Funny how they feel the need to drop in 'global warming', as if that's what everyone else expects to have caused it. Makes no sense to blame global warming in the first place imo. Pollution? Yes, perhaps - seeing as this trend appears to have emerged shortly after the largest ever oil spill, it seems quite likely that there could be a correlation.

I keep expecting him to say:

'To quote one of the scientists involved, "Seriously guys, I am super duper cerial'".

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-3-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Sorry, But this has been on ATS for over 17 hours. It is horrible though

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrEuphoric1

Ah lame, only checked the Breaking News section seeing as its very recent.. my bad!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This type of an occurence needs a double post. They blame the fish for coming into shallow waters and sufficating from lack of oxygen. Maybe its the next step for fish in evolution. Like goldfish who can actually breathe air from the surface, maybe these fish are soon adapting.

I woke up this morning thinking about all the places in the world that the marine life are supposively dying from lack of oxygen. This is the best time to start hydro-power. The cascading of the waterfall will supply oxygen once the water hits the surface of the ocean makng oxygen bubbles.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Events like this are happening all over the world , our planet is going through some major changes. I truly believe an ELE is just around the corner

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Officials said the fish had sought shelter from rough seas and soon exhausted the water's oxygen supply.

fat chance
They honestly think we are dumb apes!! lmao
if true this would happen everyday

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Twenty percent of known mammal species are thought to be threatened or endangered.

Good Source for more Information

ELE around the corner? I'd say things are worse than mass die offs whatever the cause.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrEuphoric1

Yes this has been posted twice and none of the OPs even bothered to attach pics

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adf64fde590a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/419b8af89c30.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Well if they depleted the oxygen, where are all the other species of dead water life then? No oxygen means the others should die as well right?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You would think so...

I would assume a lot of these mass animal die offs could be herds of animals that somehow got mixed up with the oil spill

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
could it possibly be related with the mass amount of solar flares this past week/few days?
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

(click the red x's)
All those in the past 2 days? sheesh

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
ok first of all, how does one evolve by dying? that's not how evolution works... if they were tryin to evolve by needing less oxygen, well, 2mil sardines failed.

anyway, we know this was natural causes, so i don't really see the need to talk about it on ats. there are no ulterior implications involved in this story. it's just a coincidence. this had nothing to do with the gulf, 2012, harrp, or earthquakes. a storm brought them in to a deoxygenated environment. they are no where near the gulf, they are too far from a methane bubble from the japan quake, a harrp attack would have effected more than one species of animal, and this has nothing to do with 2012 or any kind of conspiracy.

just a storm...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

okay so haarp would effect more than 1 animals, but a lack of oxygen wouldnt?

me no follow

top topics

join