It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Primary school pupils exposed to 'explicit' sex advice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think this is a wonderful thing. Children need to become more educated in abstinence.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
teaching children about where babies come from is one thing...teaching 7 year olds that masturbating with others is normal and a perfectly decent way to spend time is..

I saw a comment like this on the comments section of the actual article. Can you please quote where it says that because I can't find it in the article.

section headed “The Messy Truth” instructs pupils about foreplay and masturbation, including the line: “Boys can make themselves ejaculate by rubbing their penis up and down.”

Is that the paragraph you are referring to? If so, then this doesn't imply that boys should masturbate with others.

Another book – “Let’s Talk About Sex” – is recommended for pupils 10 and over in some areas. According to the institute, it features a chapter on homosexuality, with the line: “As children are growing up, boys become curious about other boys and girls become curious about other girls. They may look and even touch each other’s bodies. This is a normal kind of exploring.”

If it's this paragraph, then you are wrong because that book is recommended for pupils 10 and older.

I guess I can understand the negative knee jerk reaction to something like this, but perhaps you've forgotten what it was like to be young and possibly even afraid of those new sexual feelings. There was certainly a stigma when I was that young and it made me feel guilty for what I felt. Pretty ridiculous, huh? To feel guilty about wanting to masturbate and look at naked women!

There was basically no reliable information about sex when I was a pre-teen, and sex dominated every conversation with my group of friends. All we wanted was some grown man to tell us not to feel guilty about masturbating and wanting sex. That was really all we wanted.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

I'm with you this is a bit over the top.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Those books aren't being forced to be taught in schools, it is a suggestion of what may be suitable for kids their age. For example there was a book about gays, but it was explained something along the lines of "some people have a mummy and a daddy, some people have two daddy's and some people have two mummy's"

What is overly sexual about that? Plus the fact that there aren't any schools listed in the article
edit on 9/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
May as well, all my friends started having sex at an early age, and the kids today even earlier. I understand kids are too young for this, but media gets to them first, and parents don't know how to parent.
edit on 9-3-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think that one of the first jobs you have as a parent is to make your child feel comfortable in their sexuality. That means not running off freaking out the moment they see you naked.
Every child goes through a sexual stage earlier on in life ( How funny is the toddler boys wow what is this thing it grows stage!). It is our job to make sure they understand feelings, urges of the sexual nature.

It is also our job to make sure that our child knows it is okay to walk away and close their eyes if they think they are being subjected to things of a sexually perverse nature.

It is our job to introduce the natural naked body to our children in a beautiful way. There are many old paintings that depict this.

In year 1 my son was given 2 pictures in his health book of a cartoon naked body, and his class were to list the parts. Some parents had an issue with this... I find that concerning.

I definately agree that some things are far too shocking for a childs innocence, but this IS FOR THE PARENTS TO BE INVOLVED! Schools always look for parent input, so perhaps instead of crying oh no TPTB have won again, we remember WE HAVE THE POWER AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
these 'educators' are covertly grooming these children to be easy pickings for pedophiles.

diligent parents should call the sex crimes units and report it as sexually inappropriate behavior directed at children.

some of those education board members need to sit in prison for a long time for this.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I hope you aren't a parent Elliot.

I was 15 when I became sexually active. The man who took my virginity was 32 years old. I thought he must love me because he had sex with me.
My mother was the sort who thought girls at 15 shouldn't be having sex thus would not have allowed me to get contraception as a precaution. I was ill informed of the dangers of sex with older people. I was 15 with a crush on a man. I was only sexually active for less than 3 weeks (with the same man) when I fell pregnant. I was too timid to ask him to use protection and thought he knew what he was doing. I remember thinking that it must take a while to get pregnant because i had heard that couples tried for 6 months or so before conceiving.

My life - not my mother's - went down hill from there. My mother had drilled it into her children that abortion was wrong so I didn't seek one. I had the responsibility to raise my child. My mother didn't have this responsibility.
I believe it should be taken out of the parent's hands. Girls especially should be taught all the dangers that they may encounter including statutory rape and where/how to get contraception without parental consent.

As all children are different and attempt sex at different ages, schools should teach children the basics before puberty. I fully support the efforts schools are putting in.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I personally think sex is great. I've loved it from a very young age and continue to have it to this day. It just feels amazing.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Haha, "anal intercourse" in a news article. You Brits crack me up!

I've been sexually active since i was 16, she was my best friend and my high school sweetheart of 2.5 years. Since then...I've been around, thanks to the degradation of American society. I'm not proud of it anymore since I am now engaged, but a rounded off number between two 2+ year relationships and a couple different towns/cities is in the ballpark of 24-ish...which isn't a big number compared to some of my friends...having said that, I seriously wish I would have been counseled more on the aftermath...a moral rift in myself once I met 'the one.' Now I am happily engaged and planning a wedding, but wish my number was 1 and I wish my fiance's number was 1 as well. It's worth it to save it, and I know that now.

Society as a whole, today, is lacking in moral value and morality and without it, this Earth might as well be referenced as the sphere of Sodom and Gomorrah. I wish I had the sense to stay out of the 3-somes and 4-somes with the girls in my life, but as time went on and I thought it was fun, I was easily able to reason with myself that it was 'ok' because I didn't have anyone around me that was solid saying 'no, thats not right' instead it was my girlfriends freaky ideas with their freaky friends and my ability to play along and go with the flow.

So, thanks America for the 24 whores who gave it up so easily instead of guarding it with their pride like they should. Men are wired differently, we'll poke anyone with a decent physique and smile, but women are suppose to guard their prize from all of the genetically-less-than-their-life-partner until that partner comes along.

As for self-defense and rape...girls should be taught and allowed to carry knives so that if attacked by a stronger man, or attacked when they are chemically incapacitated, an alarm or something built into the knife. So when the attacker comes in, a drunk girl can just hit a REALLY loud alarm and if she's attacked whilst sober, she can cut the bast**ds d**k off.

Now, CHIVALRY must resume! I open doors, pull out chairs, open car doors, cook for, clean up after, grocery shop with, calm her when she cries, laugh with, and put her above all else for my fiance. That's what EVERY man should do. It will keep the good girls close and it'll help the bad girls to have a reason to be good. Good guys like good girls, bad guys like bad girls. I won't get into the psychology of it, but I am 'in the know', you know, with that whole worlds best higher learning institute thing we have in the USA. My fiance and I were both bad at one point, sleeping around, partying, drugs, drinking excessively, but since we've met, we are two completely different people. Calm, collected, happy, and no we aren't the unique ones in the world. It's simply a matter of love and when you really do find it, you will realize you are the best person you can be and your partner is as well...that's when people should 'give it up', 'deflower', 'seed the fields', whatever you want to call it, but seriously, if you haven't yet, save sex for that one person you will actually marry and realize that if you THINK you're going to marry your high school sweetheart...try and wait it out, because chances are, you aren't. Out of my graduating class from high school of 1,200 people, I know of two who married their high school sweethearts...my brother and his wife. That's ONE couple in 1,200. So don't think to give it up to keep 'him' around, or keep 'him' happy, he'll be happy with his own hands if he's worth anything. I know I was. LOL.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Xterrain because: add more

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Lol my parents gave me books like that when I was 7. I laughed at them. I'm still Christian and I'm still pretty conservative on many issues. This is a joke.

Besides, with a title of "where did I begin", they teach it at conception. Good.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
www.telegraph.co.uk...

this is SOOO scary...im speechless...they REALLY are doing it...they are creating what people like alex jones ahs said they are creating..

God forbid kids learn about that stuff so they dont feel the need to experiment themselves and then have a ton of undernourished children in an already overpopulated world.

Good grief, get a grip.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The Christians are going to be doing back flips over this one... However, I'm not so sure I like it either. This one time I might just agree with them.

edit on 10-3-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Some of you people make me sick. Parents are the people that should be teaching their children about sex. Lazy @$$ parents are leaving child rearing up to the government and school system. Raise your child as you see fit or your government will; period. -BadMojo-

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

edit on 10/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
FTA:

"The study, by the Christian Institute..."

Independent study much? This is just more divisive, pro-Christian, fear-mongering propaganda, citing situations that are taken out of context and blown out of proportion. I'm sure they aren't teaching 5 year olds about foreplay, as some of you have further taken the findings out of context.

Religion is sexually oppressive, as yet another means of control over what normal people might find pleasurable. It's called brainwashing and social conditioning. It's the softer side of cult.

Has nobody learned from the failed abstinence pledge campaigns? When done properly, early teen sex education can give kids the knowledge to be safe when they become active, which they will regardless of the religious dogma you try and indoctrinate them with, against their will, I might add.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Having sex is not like flying a jumbo jet

people are able to have sex and all they need to do is want to, it is natural and has been done since sexual dimorphism began occuring in evolution

agreed there should be a minimum age to DO it, but not to learn about it, the whole stigma about knowing about sex vs knowing about violence, boggles my mind

when I was young, people died in cartoons. But nobody was ever intimate

that sends a bad message to youth

I'd rather have th columbine flashing/streaking rather than the columbine massacre

Whatever happened to pulling your pants down, spreading your cheeks and being a little grumpy?

But I digress

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

What, Alex Jones is worried that a book might tell boys about something they've already discovered about themselves? Stuff that any kid who's had the fortune of both having a moderately aware parent and a younger sibling already understands the basics of? Something any kid can see the form and function of on Animal planet, or just by owning a dog?

Kids aren't stupid, and sex really isn't a huge mystery, except in cultures where parents strive to keep their children completely ignorant - which results in children not listening to their parents and learning about that stuff ANYWAY.

Old joke:
"Son, I'd like to have a talk with you, about, uh, about sex."
"Okay dad, what would you like to know?"

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I'm curious as to how you figure. These titles aren't exactly "Making Yourself Pretty for the Man With the Van."

By the way, ever let your kids into a public library? Hoo boy, when I was a 12 year old, Jean Auel and her caveman escapades kept me wide-eyed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join