It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars Locations are Uncertain new break through throws curveball

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is an interesting find. Perhaps astronomers need a little sign on the telescope that says: "Caution: objects in universe may be closer than they appear." But I guess that's a little optimistic.

Another though experiment. Let's say gravity (which is variable) also affects time. Thus the progression of time, as constant as it appears to us, is actually quite variable as well. Since speed is distance divided by time... That would mean the speed of light would actually vary depending on the influence of gravitational fields. However if you went from one gravitational field to another, the influence of the change in variable time would be such that you'd observe the speed of light being the same in different locations despite the fact light is actually changing speed as it goes from one location to another. So the speed of light may be more of a universal coefficient type thing than a universal constant type thing.

I wonder if some physicists would hate a layman like me for bringing up an idea like this. (But then again, perhaps that's what the significance of this observation is about.)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is major WOW...So correct me if I'm wrong the recent information about our position within the milky way could be completely wrong? This one for instance. This also means the Big Bang Date could be incorrect?
p.s edit ......just

edit on 17-5-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join