It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Page of Text Flashed Up On TV Last Night (Subliminal advertising?)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
They are playing us, most of the "conspiracy" is structured around our own paranoid thoughts. We are creating our own conspiracy, the end result is the same, choose to be a slave to your mind or to make your mind a slave to you.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You and others are STILL under the assumption this is something other than advertising for Comedy Central in their usual, attention grabbing way?

*mega facepalm*

Oh sorry i am not listening to - "oh its just a advertising campaign"

What are they advertising ? Who is paying for it? How are they making money off these messages if it is advertising because it is certainly not clear to me.

So why not go face palm yourself upside yo head

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have a feeling this is an attempt at a viral advertising campaign... If you do a google/youtube search for those subliminal messages there is a LOT of videos relating to it... Now sooner or later the company in charge will come out and say "SUPRISE!"

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
A couple of months ago myself and my two DD were watching Star Trek Voyager and we heard a male voice over the TV program. It said 'ALLAH' I wasn't really concentrating until I heard the voice and I had to ask the DD to rewind Sky and repeat to see if we had just heard it. I was flabbergasted.
I wish I had videoed it now.
I still can't think why that name would be on Star Trek, weird eh?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
These seem really sinister to me. I mean, why not just put them up on the screen for longer, instead of flashing them across for a couple of seconds? It worries me especially since I don't have Tivo or a means to rewind live TV. I mean, how am I supposed to catch this? Am I even supposed to? Maybe this is how Comedy Central keeps creating new comedy sensations. I mean, comedy is such a subjective thing. You'd think they'd have a lot more misses than hits, lol.

I'm most interested in the red text. I'm sure it's some kind of message, not just a means of breaking up the words. The message itself seems really pleasant, yet the structure and phrasing seem carefully chosen. I just don't like how long it's been going on, and how many messages there are.

Oh, and one question: Is this only in Britain, or is happening in the US, too?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey,

Anyone else take the London tube on a day to day basis?

When i saw the OP's picture i was reminded instantly of an Ad campaign on the tube, (i have seen it on a load of different lines but cant quite place one in an exact station) the Ad campaign was for Comedy Central, and had slightly sarcastic rants in relation to a few Comedy Central TV shows, what caught my eye is that the text in the Ad's (and theres a lot of it) is all in white uppercase wrighting very similar the the font in the OP's picture, with key words in red wrighting, i would say it aesthetically looks just like the OP's picture, minus a background texture, and of course, the Comedy Central logo.

Anyone else seen these?

*EDIT*
Ah, just read some more posts, sorry!!!
edit on 25-5-2011 by jam-eth because: mistake

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr

You and others are STILL under the assumption this is something other than advertising for Comedy Central in their usual, attention grabbing way?

*mega facepalm*

Oh sorry i am not listening to - "oh its just a advertising campaign"

What are they advertising ? Who is paying for it? How are they making money off these messages if it is advertising because it is certainly not clear to me.

So why not go face palm yourself upside yo head

This was reported in The Sun last week because too many people like yourself thought it was a big mind control conspiracy and guess what?

Conedy Central admitted in the piece it was them using some fun marketing strategy using the unique humour of Comedy Central to get people watching their channel.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

This was reported in The Sun last week because too many people like yourself thought it was a big mind control conspiracy and guess what?

Conedy Central admitted in the piece it was them using some fun marketing strategy using the unique humour of Comedy Central to get people watching their channel.

1st, Oh wow, it was in "the sun" the worst newspaper going in the U.K.

2nd , Of course they are going to say that , you think that the channel would say anything but, and well, their "advertising campaign" didn't really work that well as i still never watched their t.v channel either way,

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I watch Comedy Central in the UK nearly every night. I see these messages flashed up every ad break. You know what?
I don't care! It's smart advertising. It's got people talking. A few words on a screen for half a second is the least of my problems, especially when I can rewind live TV and read them if I want to, which I don't. Nothing sinister.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Have you ever seen those blinks in between commercials, they tend to last for a few seconds, and then go off? It's a mess up in the wiring of the commercial, where one ended, and the system confused possible the AM and PM times, and it started that commercial with the "subliminal" message, but then realized it made a mistake, and started the other one.
I really don't see the point in having a subliminal message that long-written, it doesn't seem like you could take that in that fast.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr
didn't really work that well as i still never watched their t.v channel either way,

But you and several others started multiple threads about it discussing it at length so yeah, guess it did work. Comedy Central UK have a ltitle more interest thanks to this silly "mind control" BS.

Now sure, I'm into conspiracies, I participated in trying to find out what these ads were at the very beginning but eventually it struck me.....not everything is a conspiracy aimed at controlling or killing off members of the population.

Common sense prevailed and I tried to spread it amongst those still not convinced for some odd reason, who were still under the assumption that we were all gonna die and that somebody on Comedy Central was somehow leaking this info out.

I agree, The Sun is horrible and honestly, I don't like reading newspapers these days except out of boredom because they're either incredibly biased or they're filled with so-called "celebs" but I happened to spot that little tidbit last week while perusing and was glad they admitted it after being investigated.

I don't like to think ill of people at all but in your case, as well as those who also followed your silly and mindless view of this whole issue being something more than it actually is, it makes me somewhat hopeful that if these FEMA camps did exist that they'd perhaps take the easily gullible who find a conspiracy in the most stupid of places (what next, burnt toast showing an image of a comet destroying Earth?). It would spare those of us with the ability to use the intelligence we were born with to continue our lives without having to put up with the most idiotic crap you and others have spouted about a simple ad campaign that gets people talking even if they don't watch the channel (and let me guess, you see anti-Christian or Illuminati propaganda in Coronation Street, right?)

People like you make me ashamed not only to be a guitarist or a British citizen but also ashamed to be a human in this world of stupidity.

Take your head out of ATS for just a few hours, enjoy the sunshine (unless a warm spring day is also a conspiracy too) and come back when you have some common sense. Oh and don't blther trying to respond with a cute remark because honestly, I'm done with this ridiculous thread and your ridiculous assumptions so I won't be responding.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Go F Yourself pal
oo000 wow ill get a ban so what, why dont you take your head out of your own ass yourself, and no it still never worked because like i mentioned above you muppet i still never actually watched the channel.
Also did i mention it was about the end of the world. eerrr i think not ... blah blah blah people like me.. people like you need to stop being close minded or trying to take the piss , if you dont agree how about you go suck a donkey off . Again .

oh did i mention go F yourself love hugs and kisses xxxxxx

You TW@

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Evening all.I am a new member and a happy one too!For the past year crazy,nonsensical messages appear on the bottem half of the tv screen.in the beginng i never really paid to much attention until this ridiculous message popped up talking about"Farting cats...Meow.?? it then continues and mentioned something about "Nanny Mcphee"??HUH? it goes on with a few more silly topics about nothing that makes no sense.(i cant remember the exact message but i did write it down i dont have it in front of me) If anyone is interested i will post the whole message word by word the next time i log on.For awhile there i thought i may be going insane! because NO ONE would believe me and give me the look of"Are you okay?" Basicallycalling me crazy and just making it all up! I quit telling anyone and that was about a year ago.I gave up trying to decipher these silly,but puzzling messages.Its one of those things that always in the back of my mind.I try to ignore these dang things when they pop up on the tv but i cant help wondering what the heck it means! i stumbbled on this site by accident but what a GOOD accident!FINALLY people who know what i m talking about! Hooray!I m not crazy afterall! You have no idea how happy i am after reading through this site. Thanks to all who read my post.I am looking forward to share more of these messages with you all.!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted already.

It originated on a blog

mrjackers.wordpress.com...

Blog owner said "Plagerism" is why it ended up on TV. Probably no anagrams here folks.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Did you happen to see this on Comedy Central?

I've seen that flash a few times on that station and have done the same as you. Rewound it to try and read it. It's not always the gym one either. There was actually one that was about the eilite taking over the world, but it had a heavy tone of sarcasm - or so it seemed- through it. I think it's just a joke really, but that's just my opinion.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

Subliminal advertising is illegal you can always report them.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I have read all the pages here, and the accompanying links. I am quite concerned about the frequency, number and content of the messages. Early this morning (1:40GMT, on Comedy Central TV) I saw a version mentioning something about not buying a memory foam matress...more about the foam being produced for astronaughts blah blah. In fact this was flashed twice in a couple of minutes, one version with a red background. Was this subliminal impact? No. I was able to rewind and review, which proves that for me, one second broadcasting fails at being subliminal at all- I saw it flicker- I checked it out.

Or did it fail? How can I be sure that I would have noticed it without first having read this thread? I am already muting out adverts wherever possible, primarily because I chose not to partake in neuromarketing strategies (soundwaves and higher volume levels etc) do I now have to avoid eye contact?

The content of all the screens identified are pretty much as confusing as you can get. Pehaps, if they were more understandable they would be more acceptable, at least we would not be so alarmed by them. If this was an attempt to advertise something, I have missed the point, and will avoid them altogether... if I notice them.

The power of suggestion is incredible: if I were to talk about the smell of frying bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms with toast and fresh coffee, fish and chips with salt and vinegar or pancakes with sugar and lemon, your senses would almost taste the words. At least you understand the message.

It is a different situation when directive messages are being broadcast, and I resent the assumption that someone or somebody, other than me, might control my thoughts or decisions by the use of subliminal words.

Are we being prepared for a new form of information transfer? How far will it go? Disclosure? control? Do we have a choice or legal recourse to protect us?

It could be argued that: a one second advert/flash is impossible to read and without the recipient having the ability to rewind and review, might be classed as subliminal information. However, because the flash is visible this may not be the case:

UK's current OFCOM Code (issue 9, Dec 2009) states:
Rule 2.11 Subliminal Images
An image (however brief) that can be seen by viewers is not subliminal.

It is interesting to note that previous code issues stated:

The Ofcom Broadcasting Code December 2009
www.ofcom.org.uk

2.11 Broadcasters must not use techniques which exploit the possibility of conveying
a message to viewers or listeners, or of otherwise influencing their minds without
their being aware, or fully aware, of what has occurred.

This subject lead to me thinking about the changes in advertising. Almost every web page is flashing or rolling adverts....look around your screen, and it now seems there are full TV type adverts playing on them- some manditory. Would we notice the one second flash in these?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
These come up at the ad breaks of some comedy shows on 'Comedy Central'
The chances are that it is not something sinister and it's just their way of adding to the comedy or the channel.
For example: they have one about builders and the fact they they charge for work and also labour it continues on saying if you asked this at your job you would be laughed at and fired. There is nothing sinister about this its just some guy getting his opinion out.

It is most likely flashed up because who wants to be reading someones opinion on the ad break of their favourite show.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kiv-93

There was a hilarious one about Britain's Got Talent and talking about how none of the people on the show actually have talent.

I still laugh about the one I saw twice yesterday afternoon during ads for Everybody Loves Raymond that mentioned how ridiculous the ticket prices for the Olympics are, saying stuff like "It costs £750 to watch Usain Bolt run for ten seconds. That's 75 quid per second" and "Closing ceremony tickets are £1,500. Yes, a grand and a half to watch a load of people go home".

Really funny stuff.

Hell it even made some funny observations about world events like that guy with the laptop that was able to switch the webcam on remotely and catch an image of the thief and the last line of the ad was something like "Quite. Let technology capture thieves while America's finest chase donuts."

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join