It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Page of Text Flashed Up On TV Last Night (Subliminal advertising?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresenttense
I read this thread soon after it was posted. I think this is an interesting occurrence, but what really struck me as odd is that I also saw this tonight:

i194.photobucket.com...

It's a screen grab from a YouTube video (the series is kinda cool, but that's another topic).

Here's a link to the actual video:

www.youtube.com...

The guy comes on at 00:15.

This is obviously a different message but in the same format. I can't make out all the words, but it's another piece to your puzzle.

"it's amazing its a new day it's not the same! today the sun its out there for us! wow!wow! somedays i feel i can conquer the world i will look for the key to your heart and you will say. its just there, catch it!!! wow it's another atypical desigual story! its amazing. its a new day. its not the same!!"

With out editing, the message on his shirt seems to repeat.. amazing, desigual & heart sees to be highlighted in red

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALadInsane
Urgh. This case can be closed.

A quick Google for the word 'Desigual' shows it is a fashion label. I'm assuming it must be some form of advertisement for them, particularly given the second screenshot we got of the guy in the sweater.

There was me thinking it would be something more beneficial than clothes brand in an already swamped market.

AWWW Crap!! I'm kinda mad I took the time to look this up, however when you take the time to google different variants , you come up with a lot of different info

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE

Originally posted by ALadInsane
Urgh. This case can be closed.

A quick Google for the word 'Desigual' shows it is a fashion label. I'm assuming it must be some form of advertisement for them, particularly given the second screenshot we got of the guy in the sweater.

There was me thinking it would be something more beneficial than clothes brand in an already swamped market.

AWWW Crap!! I'm kinda mad I took the time to look this up, however when you take the time to google different variants , you come up with a lot of different info

I'm hoping those variants are better than the result I'm fearing. If it is the designer label, I'm suing for leaving imprints of text on my retina

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

This is the funniest ad I've ever seen. One thing to remember though is that it can't be subliminal if you noticed it. Subliminal messages can only be what you don't notice consciously. I have to say I agree with the ad, working out at home and eating right (while working on a novel) is so much easier than going to a gym to feel inadequate in front of others.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Has anyone thought that those 3 words could be trigger words?

I mean like in hypnosis when the guy says when i snap my fingers you will wake up.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Can I just ask, in the screen shot of the man in the black top. Is the S in the word Desigual backward?

The reason I ask is that the design label Desigual is spelt with the S being backward.

Link to logo

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think it may be some kind of board for the channel. You said it was on channel 4, or more 4. The logo in the lower left is a pause sign, and says 4 mins, which may be some kind of campaign, but my google skills have turned up nothing on that count. I would suggest calling the station and inquiring. They have a contact page, ,T=CONTACTUS]here,, maybe you could forward the screenshot along with an inquiry as to what the message is all about.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I think it may be some kind of board for the channel. You said it was on channel 4, or more 4. The logo in the lower left is a pause sign, and says 4 mins, which may be some kind of campaign, but my google skills have turned up nothing on that count. I would suggest calling the station and inquiring. They have a contact page, ,T=CONTACTUS]here,, maybe you could forward the screenshot along with an inquiry as to what the message is all about.

The pause sign is a result of me pausing the TV

2nd

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

As far as I can see, the S is the right way around. But I've not found anything to suggest otherwise that it isn't an ad campaign for this company

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thanks for transcribing the words on the guy's shirt for me. I figured I could have done it, but it was too late for me to spend the time on it last night. So it's a clothing line? I did a search for desigual, but came up empty for similar shirts or other items with that design. Maybe it's an underground sort of ad campaign, and the red words from all the different incarnations of this design come together to form some complete statement....just guessing.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
No-one has even mentioned the fact that subliminal advertising is
banned in the UK !

www.sciencedaily.com...

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
banned in the UK !

www.sciencedaily.com...

Peace

A previous person said it may not be deemed subliminal as I actually saw it. To my understanding subliminal is 'between the lines' so to speak?

Either way you still may be right on bans though. I'm pretty certain UK adverts have to appear on screen for a minimum of 5 seconds - main reason being something so unsustained that simply flashes on screen can cause seizures? I think the higher the frame rate in the shorter the timespan is involved too, but I can't seem to find the specifics on the internet.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Could it be one of the 16 or so station monitor screens...which at anytime has 16 different videos running...were overlapped a split second when the station director yelled "Switching from 4 to 6...3, 2, 1, GO!"? It happens. Ive been in studios when it does, and only for a millisecond, and certainly not even intended to be "subliminal".
Ill bet the station had another screen poised and ready to cue...thats all folks.........

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

banned in the UK !

www.sciencedaily.com...

Peace

Heh, I guess we better switch off most news feeds then..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ross Cross

I was merely stating a fact not mentioned
previously in the thread my friend, nothing more !

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Wow this is really odd.

For some reason I have a nagging itch at the back of my mind that this reminds me of an advert that I have seen in London tube stations, but I can't think when or for what so I might just be wrong about that.

Very interesting find

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Ross Cross

I was merely stating a fact not mentioned
previously in the thread my friend, nothing more !

Peace

Sorry if you thought my post was aimed at you, it wasn't. I was just poking the likes of the BBC and ITN, in particular their 'impartial' news reporting

edit on 10-3-2011 by Ross Cross because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Aha I found the ads it reminds me of, they are for "CBS outdoor" whatever that is

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93444d6747e5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/281fb1489488.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3623664d537f.jpg[/atsimg]

The ads seem to have a similar style and message and be equally cryptic

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Isnt Subliminal Advertising Illegal?
Thats what i thought anyway.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm posting here the quoted text from the picture ...

Never join a GYM. It won't enhance your life. It will make you feel inacequate and, most importantly, it will make you poor. It is bad for the soul to part with fifty pounds a month to feel GUILTY you're not sufficiently attending a magical place where you can achieve your 'ultimate goal' What if your ultimate goal is to write a NOVEL? This cannot be achieved in a sweaty basement with strangers at half past six in the evening. If, however, your ultimate goas is not to die young, we suggest you eat healthly, avoid violent people and walk outside more. That's free.

That may help with people cutting-and-pasting for searches (now and in the future). Also, if the picture should go off-line at some point in the future, the text will still be preserved here.
Two editorial notes for this entry:
  1. I typed the text in conventional "mixed" case (first letter of the first word in each sentence capitalized. The original appears to be all UPPER-CASE.
  2. Several "key" words in the original appear in RED. I entered them UPPER-CASE in the quoted text, and will also try to show them as Bold and RED in the quote as well (if I can figure that out, might take a couple of edits).

edit on 2011-3-10 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Fixed formatting (colors, etc.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join