It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to dictatorship America - how long before the rest of us follow suit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

For those that have not seen this video a summery is below:

Guantánamo order seen as return to Bush era policies
Barack Obama’s executive order allowing indefinite detention of terrorism suspects at Guantánamo prison. EVEN IF THE PRISONERS ARE FOUND NOT GUILTY THEY WILL REMAINED LOCKED UP FOR LIFE.

The Obama administration announced it would file new charges in military commissions, indicating that the president's promise to close Gitmo will go unfulfilled for the foreseeable future.
Obama has signed 77 Executive Orders to date during his Administration, some of these orders directly conflict with the constitution Obama swore to uphold - This list can be found HERE

THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY IT IS DICTATORSHIP

-The question I have is how long before the rest of the western world follows suit. When the USA bought in full body scanners which infringed on constitutional rights - the western countries followed or are following suit.
When the USA bought in anti piracy laws that infringed on people's constituational rights - the western countries followed suit.
Obama has continued what Bush began - even after he swore he would close Gitmo while running for president. This is a huge indicator to me confirming my biggest fear that there is a huge agenda underway to strip the people of westernised countries of their rights and bring about dictator/draconian rule - is actually a reality in progress.

It is something many of us have said time and time again - but I think many of us have been hoping it would never amount to anything - but this to me is a declaration of war on freedom, and I am ready.
edit on 9-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Although a little different, this thread can be merged in to this one if it would suit a MOD
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Appologise, didnt see this one having this video as the main topic.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well, there's the "hope" and "change" everyone voted for. I believe that our only hope for real change in our political system is by breaking the two-party system. But then again, our political system has been so corrupted that it's all but impossible for a third-party candidate to win. It's a no-win catch 22.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
He's not only done what he said he wouldn't do but he's doing worse than Bush. No surprise here.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It was Obama's promise to end these ridiculous practices, to respect the rights of Americans and the laws we signed onto restricting this sort of flagrant destruction of human rights that originally garnered my support for him.

The fact that most liberals are still hanging on to this criminal is sickening and hypocritical. I didn't support Obama for the status quo, I didn't support Obama to do to the right what the right had done to the left, I didn't support Obama to commit myself to double standards.

So far, that's all we've gotten.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Is anyone really surprised???

How many people were saying months before the presidential elections that Obama was a liar and was not to be trusted?

If you are surprised, then you are not paying attention and doing your own research!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Obama and Bush Jr. BOTH need to be tried
as traitors to the US Constitution.

YEA, that damn lil piece of paper.

And we hold these truths to be
self evident, both are guilty
of subversion of the US Constitution.

new topics

top topics

join