It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Nader the obvious choice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I voted for Nader during the last election, and I will be doing so again. My question is:

Why dont people that are neither happy with the Democrats and Republicans not vote for a third party member. Nader does not give in to corporate financial backing, has worked for years trying to make the world a better place, is for equal rights (ie homosexuals, etc.), and the list could go on. I know that both the Democrats and Republicans have tried to convince the American public that "a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush", or "a vote for Nader is one against Kerry" which is totally untrue.

There are a lot of people in the US that basically believe the same things as Nader, yet vote for one of the big parties to in essence "get the other guy out". When are people going to start voting how they feel?

The American political machine has basically unconstitutionally tried to castigate Nader from even being allowed on state ballots. This is not right...thats all there is to it!!! I know people will chime in and say "well, its the people who decide whether or not to have him on the ballots!", but both the Democrats and Republicans have spoken out against allowing him to even fairly get a chance.

Why is this? Is there something about Ralph Nader that scares them? All I know is that he is getting my vote once again, but what do others think......

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
I voted for Nader during the last election, and I will be doing so again. My question is:

Why dont people that are neither happy with the Democrats and Republicans not vote for a third party member.

A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush. Go right ahead and play into their hands.

Before you vote for Nader, I suggest you do some digging into who is actually pushing his candidacy. You probably would never support him again.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Are you talking about people like Richard Egan and Nijad Fares, who have contributed to the Republican parties? If not people like them that you are talking about, then who? Do you have a link for me?

[edit on 19-7-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Look to the groups who have been working feverishly to get him on the state ballots and backing him financially. It is the Republican machine at work. They will turn around and crush Nader when his usefullness no longer serves them.

And they are laughing at Nader die-hards. Trust me.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i dont think nader is running anymore. i believe his party choose someone else. but dont quote me on that.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Nader is a nutcase and a tool.

For starters the man won't touch people he is so OCD. He won't shake hands, hold babies, or anything else. I love the idea of a president who would sign a treaty then refuse to even shake hand with the foreign leader.

A large portion of his funding is coming from Bush suporters right now cause they are hoping people vote for him and not Kerry allowing bush to surpass them both in swing states.

Vote for whoever you think is right. But please know who you are voting for and who is supporting them.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yes, his party did chose someone else sadly. I'm just going to have to write him in on the ballot myself, as I believe the initiative to get him on my states ballot failed.

Im not a Nader "die-hard", but I do believe he is the best candidate we have had for awhile. Im not exactly sure what you mean by "quote from EastCoastKid: They will turn around and crush Nader when his usefullness no longer serves them". I'm not sure I get what your point is? Nader may be backed by some Republicans, but even if he had major support it would only be logical to assume that some of them may very well be Republican just as some of them may be Democrat, Libetarian, Communist, etc.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Vote for whoever you think is right. But please know who you are voting for and who is supporting them.

Exactly!

Is voting for Nader worth 4 more years of Bush?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Lets see.....is voting my conscious worth 4 more years of Bush!

Your damn right!

I still happen to believe in morals, and Im not going to buy into the whole argument that a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush, and against Kerry, for this simple reason. What makes you people believe Kerry is any better than Bush?

Huh?

I mean really, that guy is just as rich, was in Skull and Bones like Bush, he has no opinion on issues, and was born into a rich family just like Bush. The real problem is that the two parties are trying to control our thinking, and I dont believe that anything is going to improve under Kerry!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I personally think that Nader is also
the NWO frontman albeit everyone
has a price..............................

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Here's what I said about Kerry on another thread:

I have serious issues with Kerry and because of that, I don't know if I could, in good conscience vote for him. He voted to give Bush the right to invade Iraq. His running mate did, too. If I knew back then all the intelligence was Bu#, they had to have known. Neither of them wanted to come off as weak. I despise that weakness.

Give me Howard Dean anyday - sayin' it like it is. Scream or no scream. He's got balls.

Kerry plans to basically continue this disasterous Iraq policy. Nothing he's suggested is all that far off from Bush's BS. Oh yeah - and he wants to expand the number of Special operations forces (black ops). That's all we need. More spooks out there running their little free-lance gigs and posing as Al-CIAda - so we'll have our external threat.

I want to vote Bush out of office. I don't ever want to be sorry (like this) again, though, for voting a monster into office.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I understand your desire to remain within your principles; however, the bottom line is Nader doesn't have a chance in hell and you will be helping elect George W. Bush.

Do you want that on your conscience?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
EastCoastKid....I can definitely agree with you on your Howard Dean statement. The media are to blame for his failed campaign. I thought "The Scream" as it is called was great...nice to see a politician with some emotions!!!

df1

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I want to vote Bush out of office.

Our entire political system is corrupt to core. Have you ever considered that 4 more years of the bush train wreck may be the quickest way to implement significant change on a large scale and that electing kerry might inhibit the very change which we need most?

Just a thought, I will most likely vote LP.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Our entire political system is corrupt to core. Have you ever considered that 4 more years of the bush train wreck may be the quickest way to implement significant change on a large scale and that electing kerry might inhibit the very change which we need most?

Yes, and I console myself with that thought daily.

Not to mention this world is so upside down, Limbaugh probably secretly hopes Kerry wins for his ratings, and Air America probably wants Bush.

Along the same lines of this thread's premise, why not this? A vote for Bush is a vote for Hillary 2008? Or a vote for Kerry is a vote for Jeb 2008? That's about the truth.

Every step in one direction results in a pendulum swing two steps in the other. Thus the divide grows more and more.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I asked a diehard Nader fan friend of mine his opinion on all this.

He wholeheartedly decreed that a vote for Nader was a wasted vote and even if, hypothetically speaking, he was elected as president, he would be a lame duck president with no power or political clout. We all know Ralph Nader will never be elected and so does he. What I think most Nader fans, including Nader himself want to do is to gain at least 5% of the vote so that he would be allowed to participate in the presidential debates. My friend claims it would be a shut out.

Quinn

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Why cant a vote for any third party member be just that a vote for a third party member. The Dem and Rep will pull this its a wasted vote thing forever and we will never get rid of these two parties. If the third party got some good voting numbers it could be the begining of the end for these two parties

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Lets see.....is voting my conscious worth 4 more years of Bush!

Your damn right!

I still happen to believe in morals, and Im not going to buy into the whole argument that a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush, and against Kerry, for this simple reason. What makes you people believe Kerry is any better than Bush?

Huh?

I mean really, that guy is just as rich, was in Skull and Bones like Bush, he has no opinion on issues, and was born into a rich family just like Bush. The real problem is that the two parties are trying to control our thinking, and I dont believe that anything is going to improve under Kerry!

I couldnt of said it better myself jazzerman, both Kerry and Bush have very similar agendas. I mean all you have to do iswatch cnn and youd know that. Kerry plan is basicly to take advantage of all the Bush haters ( myself included) but has no real plan of his own. ANYONE BECIDES BUSH is Kerrys plan of attack. Im not buying it. How dare they try to limit us to 2 people in the entire nation to vote for and these 2 people are already rich and powerfull. I will not be participating in the 2004 election because I do not trust politicians. If I was to vote for anyone it would be my best friend george because he is someone I can trust and would run our country by need not by greed.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You vote for who you want to be president and don't worry about what others say. Voting for Nader is not a vote for Bush or Kerry.

Neither party the Republicans or the Democrats want any more competition for money, air time or votes so they naturally resist any candidates that are from other parties.

new topics

top topics

join