It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news - Massive Meteor in Manitoba, Canada - Air Raid Sirens Triggered (yet unconfirmed)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Related?

An early morning fire has destroyed a home in western Manitoba, but all of its occupants managed to make it out unharmed.

The fire broke out about 3:25 a.m. Monday inside the home on Bute Street in the tiny community of Douglas, located about 24 km east of Brandon.

...No damage estimate was available, but RCMP said the house was completely destroyed.

RCMP and the Office of the Fire Commissioner are investigating to determine the cause of the blaze.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I can't remember the last time there was a functional air raid siren system in Canada. Maybe in the late 70's or early 80's. That makes this sound flaky to me. Isn't the above image from the 2008 meteorite?

I remember they used to test the air raid siren in my area..(St.catharines, Ont) at least once a month in the 80s and early 90s

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Here a few new story i found so far

findarticles.com...

www.ebrandon.ca...

sound real to them

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Was it an air raid siren or a community emergency siren. My community had one and they used it every night to tell the kids when curfew was starting. I'm in Western Canada and haven't seen an actual air raid system out here for about 30 years, but I guess there could be the odd one lurking around that I've missed.

edit on 9-3-2011 by dainoyfb because: I added more.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Finally something different in nature besides all those earthquake and volcano threads. Man I was hoping it would be so bright that it would light up the entire northern hemisphere. How cool would that be.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
If such a huge object made it into the earth shouldn't it be possible to see a spike on a earthquake monitor near to the estamited impact zone? Anyone here who know where to find such station/data?

Ok, just played around with Google and found this station in Canada possible near the impact zone:
earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb7022584e17.jpg[/atsimg]

Starting at 03:00 am you can see some shaking starting. Just wondering why it's over an hour long. Maybe air vibration an small earthquakes triggered afterwards?
edit on 9-3-2011 by UnixFE because: Link to earthquake station added

edit on 9-3-2011 by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2011 by UnixFE because: Image added

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

No!
That is completely unrelated and not only that fictional.
Also off topic.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

You are quite right. I, too am in western Canada...Saskatchewan, to be exact, and as far as I know, we have never had reason for air raid alarm systems here as we are too far inland, although there were some functioning along both coasts during the 2nd world war. Vancouver had one for sure and more than likely along the Newfoundland coast as well. Saskatchewan is right next to Manitoba (for you folks who don't know) and there has been nothing on our news about this at all. We don't even have sirens to alert us to incoming tornadoes. (yes, we get them occasionally) There MAY have been a meteorite, I'm not going to dispute that yet, but I am sure there were no sirens involved, simply because there are no sirens...lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Good I hope they can recover it and give it to the Nasa scientist who Nasa is now saying they dont agree with and lets see what kind of life forms are present in that thing. Lets have them crack that thing open on live tv so all of us can make our own decisions.

Nope never gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I'm calling it a X37B re-entry and exit. Wow we got some really neat #. Comes in so fast like a fire ball and pulls up and out of site. That is some crazy # right there.

SSSHHHHHhhh Mums the word.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

Well that would be if it actually touched the ground correct. I don't know if is report to have touched down or pulled up...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
DAMMIT! i never saw anything and i was awake at that time. i live in winnipeg(very close to brandon), and from i remember it was a clear night that night. saw nothing on the evening news about this last night...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/173f5b55ac54.gif[/atsimg]

Why does Canada get all the good meteorites? There is a conspiracy going on there. How come there are no news videos of legions of metal detector owners out there combing the countryside for their treasure from heaven? Don't those people know that meteors are valuable?

Because they have an affinity for maple syrup and canadian beer

Seriously though that is neat, so many meteors lately.
edit on 9-3-2011 by dl2one because: stuttering keyboard

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Here a few new story i found so far

findarticles.com...

www.ebrandon.ca...

sound real to them

Your first link is from 2010.
The second, from 2008!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

That was over 2yrs ago.. How is that not so long ago and what does that have to do with a possible meteor strike occuring yesterday? I guess I am confused on the logic of your post.

As for this incident i unfortunately can't find anything on it. not even a youtube video or news stories etc. That is unforunate, but i will keep my eyes out.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Maybe they saw 2011 EY11. ssd.jpl.nasa.gov..., and here's a thread discussing it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reminds me of battle of la lol these keep coming in, could be aliens on the 11th lol! but seriously increased everything latly animal death, weather, strong quakes, everything is ramping up!!we have exciting days ahead people!! well depends on if you are where the doom happens , then i guess wouldn't be that exciting , would be devastating but you get my point! i don't think a day has gone by in 2011 that hasn't had at least 2 or 3 major stories, i find myself having like 15 tabs open daily !and i have learned so much about quakes , volcanoes , and the weather! keep up the good work guys!

edit on 9-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

well i suppose that would make my birthday more interesting

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
reply to post by Akragon

Was it an air raid siren or a community emergency siren. My community had one and they used it every night to tell the kids when curfew was starting. I'm in Western Canada and haven't seen an actual air raid system out here for about 30 years, but I guess there could be the odd one lurking around that I've missed.

It most definately was an air raid siren, they just ripped it out a few years ago.... It used to scare the hell out of me!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This should be a direct link to the OP's story.

lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join