It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Western Govt Has Ever Claimed The power To Do This! The King Of England! Not Hitler! Not Stalin!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
lets look at the idea that, Obama is gearing up for another Egypt here in the USA. it's coming.that little protest in Wisconsin Madison is just the start and inspired in many ways by the uprisings around the world. it could explain the fema camps as well.revolution is coming you can see the signs on TV the INTERNET and with all the UFOs in the sky.dead fish,dead birds,earthquakes. all the signs are here for something huge.

The USA is gearing up for something big and they know it. we are all waking up! it's been a long sleep and we are a little glassy eyed but it's coming and the sign are here.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanats
reply to post by GovtFlu

If that is the best you can do to provide proof of the assertions being made, one can only conclude that this thread is nothing but phony-balony outrage from the Grand Old Teabaggers and Fox 'News'.

Is there some part of: "...this order does not address the legality.." that is overly confusing?.. it comes from the puppets scribblings page 5, sec 8:

"The process established under this order does not address the legality of any detainee's law of war detention.".

I don't watch TV.. I read dudes memo myself. I will defer to your expertise re: "Teabaggers", so called..

In full:
"Sec. 8. Legality of Detention. The process established under this order does not address the legality of any detainee's law of war detention. If, at any time during the periodic review process established in this order, material information calls into question the legality of detention, the matter will be referred immediately to the Secretary of Defense and the Attorney General for appropriate action."

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Cheers for linking the vid! Never had any idea Fox News would have something that gave out so much information like that. Kind of gobsmacked to be honest.

Oh and Obama sure looks like the new Tony Blair from here now. Full of s***.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So think about this. Gitmo is in Cuba, but it is an American base and thereby American soil. Following that logic, people are being held prisoner, tortured, abused and killed; all without criminal charges...on American soil. In the land of free, the home of the brave, a Dictator has risen. [*SNIP*] !!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/10/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Another step towards the future Martial Law.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SFGirl

I'm sorry, your saying just execute all these detainees? Even the ones that have been found innocent but are still locked away because the President doesn't want them freed ever? I think you are missing the point! I'm personally pro-life so I would never execute these prisoners if they've committed a crime or not. I would have them stand a proper trial if they are guilty of anything and would sentence them accordingly.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFGirl
reply to post by groingrinder

I hate that this is my first post here, however I want to clarify something. They are covered by the Geneva Convention and by the very fact that they are not UNIFORMED Combatants they have none of the protections of the Geneva Convention. Nor are they truly subject to our Penal Codes so - if we were to truly to follow the Rules of War - there would be no Gitmo, because it is perfectly legal under the Geneva Convention to execute them on sight.

And as a retired Veteran who was there in the First Gulf War and lost a number of friends in both wars - I would see no problem in that. In fact, it would have solved the problem of Gitmo.

SFGirl

edit on 9-3-2011 by SFGirl because: Forgot my signature.

edit on 9-3-2011 by SFGirl because: I goofed

sfgirl...thank you for your service.

let me be clear about this: the story here isnt that the CinC is making the decision...the story is the UTTER HYPOCRACY of barack obama and the liberal/leftist/statist folks that follow him around like clueless children.

during the election and during military operations during the GW bush administration, these people fought tooth and nail to "close gitmo".

Now, they've changed their tune completely. it is now acceptable to do what the previous administration found necessary to do.

once again, let me say this again about democrats, liberals, "progressives" and obama supporters:

YOU ARE HYPOCRITES. YOU ARE LIARS. YOU HAVE NO HONOR. YOU HAVE SHAMED U S SERVICEMEN & WOMEN. YOU DESERVE NOTHING BUT SHAME AND SCORN.

WE WILL REMEMBER.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmmo

Bla bla bla, always the same crap here. The worlds about to end. The government is about to collapse. And yet, here we are typing our little hearts out, day after day.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I hate that this is my first post here, however I want to clarify something. They are covered by the Geneva Convention and by the very fact that they are not UNIFORMED Combatants they have none of the protections of the Geneva Convention. Nor are they truly subject to our Penal Codes so - if we were to truly to follow the Rules of War - there would be no Gitmo, because it is perfectly legal under the Geneva Convention to execute them on sight.

And as a retired Veteran who was there in the First Gulf War and lost a number of friends in both wars - I would see no problem in that. In fact, it would have solved the problem of Gitmo.

SFGirl

Sshhhh! Don't confuse them with facts; their heads will explode.

BTW, I'm ALL for the "execute them on the battlefield" route. Simple, easy, cheap, and no collateral damage. Now if we could get away from all of the politically correct BS, grease our weapons with pork fat and let them KNOW we did, they might be dissuaded from fighting at all.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeJimster
reply to post by SFGirl

I'm sorry, your saying just execute all these detainees? Even the ones that have been found innocent but are still locked away because the President doesn't want them freed ever? I think you are missing the point! I'm personally pro-life so I would never execute these prisoners if they've committed a crime or not. I would have them stand a proper trial if they are guilty of anything and would sentence them accordingly.

Speaking only for myself, the lady said "on the battlefield" (not exactly, but that's what she meant by "on sight.") You don't find too many innocent or wrongly accused firing a weapon at you.
edit on 3/9/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Im not a man of many words but i am a man with many thoughts and i must say i am completely at a loss for words or thoughts at this point. It has occured to me that even if someone stepped up at this point and challenged Obama, his administration, or even those that may be pulling his strings, i would most likely not trust them either to defend me, my family, my ideals, or my livelyhood. I am completely saddened by this thought because as a "free" human being this is a form of hopelessness and without hope there can be no freedom and without trust there can be no hope. Peace be with us all

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Too True Very well said !!
America = Land of the FREE and LIBERTY ?
It seems that no matter who is in power the same BULLS*** still goes on ? ?
Makes me wonder WHO is REALLY in control ?
We know who is in power BUT WHO is in CONTROL ?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Lets have a Party...........the "impeach OBAMA" party............kinda like the tea party but with some umpf.
He has lost his mind........and thinks we can't figure out what he is up too.
Lets see form a committee.....
Have a fake vote.........
Appoint a President of the committee.....
Create a rival .........
Never let a good chaos go to waste.......
and then.........we can IMPEACH him .......I can hear the far off cry now.......can you?
it is weak at first......then louder.....louder still then LOUDER .......IMPEACH OBAMA..........
but first we need a good crisis.............wait here it comes.........everyone hunker down now......cuz it is a cumin......

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

...even Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong, and the worst dictators in history have never given themselves the legal authority to make the final decision on someone’s life...

are you kidding me, you're saying hitler, stalin and mao didn't give themselves legal authority over someones life. they didn't have to or need legal authority. they were THE final, ultimate authority on who lived and who died.

these dictators didn't even bother with court rooms, and if they did the outcome was rigged according to their will.

if obama said i want you dead, unless he has a secret cia hit squad that doesn't mind killing american citizens, nothing would happen to you.

if saddam said i want you dead, they'll drag your from your house, put you up against a wall, and fire a .45 round into your head.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Now I know this would never, EVER happen. But the best way to collapse our govt? EVERYONE QUIT THEIR JOBS. How will the govt fund all these disgusting things they are doing without us, the SLAVES working FOR them?

Just food for thought but it would work. I for one, would make the necessary sacrifices, and barter and trade on a personal level. (and already do to a major extent) I just wonder what the govt would do...? Interesting thing to think about.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

SFGirl

Sshhhh! Don't confuse them with facts; their heads will explode.

BTW, I'm ALL for the "execute them on the battlefield" route. Simple, easy, cheap, and no collateral damage. Now if we could get away from all of the politically correct BS, grease our weapons with pork fat and let them KNOW we did, they might be dissuaded from fighting at all.

I can not believe you guys said all that and believe it ?
Talking about Prisoners Of War whether they have and can afford a Uniform Or Not !
I just can not understand how you can GO INTO ANOTHER COUNTRY and feel JUSTIFIED KILLING its POPULATION.
Just REMEMBER as the Bosnian Army ( Which started out in CIVILIAN CLOTHING ) showed the world who had them TOTALLY written off in 2 WEEKS that - ` It`s not the BIGGEST or WEALTHIEST Army that wins BUT the Army with the BIGGEST HEARTS`
The fact WE have been in the Middle East for 10 years now and still no sign of Osama or too an END speaks VOLUMES.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LeJimster

First of all, you have to realize that this is not a criminal matter. We are at WAR with a group of people who wish to destroy our way of life and subjugate us to their law, religion, and culture. Our mission as a nation is to defeat the enemy by any means necessary - or at least that what it should be. We are certainly not there to arrest, try, and incarcerate them.

I am not speaking against all Muslim's one of the bravest men I ever knew was the first Imam to serve with the Army and he respected my religion. I am speaking of the Muslim Radicals who are taking up arms against our nation, culture, and Western Civilization.

I should have been more careful with my words, on the battlefield a combatant who is not a member of a Uniform Enemy Military Service can be and in my opinion should be summarily executed. Up too WWII possibly Korea it was standard practice and perfectly legal to do so under the Geneva Convention.

Our criminal code does not apply to these folks, only the Rule of War - Geneva Convention - and with very few exception (to collect intelligence) none of those that took up arms against the Brave Men and Women of the United States Military and their allies should now be living.

SFGirl

edit on 9-3-2011 by SFGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Please don't act to surprised anything ruled by man will lead to waste eventually. At the rate this is going we'll be the next failed civilization soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mickscott

Why don't you go to Arlington and tell me that. Why don't you tell the young man, whom I helped through his training so that he could make his Dad proud of him, and he could wear the same Uniform his Father did in Viet Nam Proudly.

I can take you to his grave in Arlington, I can show you the photos of his wife, crying in my husband's and my arms, I was his XPO I was responsible for him and I let him down, because I did not bring him home to his wife.

Why don't you tell my Husband that who lost his sister on 9/11. My husband who had just retired as a Lt. Colonel after 30 years of service right before 9/11. His career that began in a Huey over the Rice Paddies of Viet Nam so long ago. My husband who begged to get back in the Army then spent two tours in the Sand Box!

Oh I could go on and on and on, and on.

My brothers and sisters in uniform are not Murderers! They are defending our nation and you and should have the very, very same right to defend themselves by any means allowed under the Geneva Convention. Which pretty much allows anything in this case. There is an old saying about the Geneva Convention that those that were in the military might remember - and know is true.

However, I will merely remind you it was they who ATTACKED US!

Wake up people or buy a Burka!

SFGirl

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Oswald Spengler predicted this 100 years ago, in "Decline of the West."

What you are witnessing is the reversion to a prior culture. For 250 years, we have believed that "The Law is King." But we are now returning to the old way: "The King IS law."

This is the role of an Imperator, not a President. A president presides over congress; not wielding power in his own right.

But Obama is like Louis XIV: "Le etat, c'est moi!" "The state--that's ME!"

This is how third world (essentially non-western) chiefdoms are run, by the whim of the Prince and his ministers. This is the way civilization ends; not with a bang, but a whimper.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join