It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Western Govt Has Ever Claimed The power To Do This! The King Of England! Not Hitler! Not Stalin!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I like that after ten years, Fox news is suddenly outraged! All of a sudden, the patriot act restricts civil liberties! Permanent incarceration of "terrorists" is suddenly bad! Income tax... Well, okay, Fox news has always told its idiot listeners the lie that taxes are theft.

Nice to see they've caught up with the rest of the nation, who spent the greater part of the decade pointing this stuff out.

What's that, a Democrat's the president, you say? Oh, OHHHHHH, now Fox news' sudden position reversal makes sense.

Thankfully for them, the people who watch Fox have the attention span of a gnat on meth and so they probably won't notice that Fox used to practically advertise for these policies.

of course the permanant incarceration of innocent men is goddamned terrible. And yes, that executive order is Obama's fault. But, who primed it? Who set the situation up where there were indefinitely imprisoned people? Who's been scaring the fecal matter out of Americans with the prospect of those "terrorists" getting loose? Who paid the Northenr alliance to capture innocent men in the first place?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by morder1

I like that after ten years, Fox news is suddenly outraged! All of a sudden, the patriot act restricts civil liberties! Permanent incarceration of "terrorists" is suddenly bad! Income tax... Well, okay, Fox news has always told its idiot listeners the lie that taxes are theft.

Nice to see they've caught up with the rest of the nation, who spent the greater part of the decade pointing this stuff out.

What's that, a Democrat's the president, you say? Oh, OHHHHHH, now Fox news' sudden position reversal makes sense.

Thankfully for them, the people who watch Fox have the attention span of a gnat on meth and so they probably won't notice that Fox used to practically advertise for these policies.

of course the permanant incarceration of innocent men is goddamned terrible. And yes, that executive order is Obama's fault. But, who primed it? Who set the situation up where there were indefinitely imprisoned people? Who's been scaring the fecal matter out of Americans with the prospect of those "terrorists" getting loose? Who paid the Northenr alliance to capture innocent men in the first place?

Who primed it is the only intelligent thing you said here. You are too concerned with party lines.

Again a steady progression is evident no matter what "party" is in power. Troops are increased by both sides, civil rights are reduced by both sides, etc etc

You can read the same news story on any other news website, like salon.com, chicago tribune, etc...but I'm sure they all have right-winged agendas, right?

In short what I'm saying is, who cares what the source of the information is...it happend. And it scares me deeply that your primary concern is what television channel aired it and not the INHUMANITY of what our country just did.

Truly sad on your part.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't like this at all, especially in light of the fact that their focus is now mainly on what they deem as domestic terrorism.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by yeahright

If you can't read the law, and understand it, the implications and what it means, then no one here can help you.

The relevant sections are self-explanatory, fairly straight forward, and clearly explain the intent... while long winded it is all there.

I summarized it in my previous post, and if you still can't see it, then you simply don't want to.

Oooo, I don't think that is fair. I am not stupid however I do understand that sometimes the legalese reads a little differently. I want to be sure I understand too. I think it would do a great service to all of us if those who have the knowledge/skill to connect these dots do so. Having that attitude keeps people in the dark and TPTB in power....IMHO.

Respectfully.....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
what in the hell is going on in the world right now? this is the most audacious misuse of power i have ever been witness to. there is a strange brew around the corner and i dont like the taste one bit. why dont they just go back to water boardiing instead of making up new bull %^&$ orders. i remember years back when other countrys would burn our flag we found that disrespectful now our president is doing that right infront of our faces. i realy dont know who he's protecting by doing this. wonder when the new constitution is coming out?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Is this fact? I know fox news is run by republicans. So,what bill can i research to find this as fact.

I wont say a word about this until i know it as fact.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Every news source has its bias. Period. It is each individual's duty to research the important facts themselves. Characterizing "news" based solely on the venue who is reporting it is divisive and irresponsible (and no doubt plays right into "their" hands). You may love or hate Glen Beck but he always challenges his viewers to check their own facts and not rely on him.

Just had to say this because the problems this country face are serious as all heck and the ridiculous division is driving me crazy. It is only my opinion of course.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

The scariest thing about all this is that your average American is more concerned with Charie Sheens' party habits or Justin Beibers' new hair cut than to even understand what these things mean for them, their children, their grand children.....Most have become too lazy and self important to even attemt to pay attention to the violation of their rights and freedoms nevermind the global media menipulation that keeps them ignorant and in the dark to the truth.
Recent events in the Middle East is the most recent manipulation of the NWO to ki the dollar and Obama is preparing to make sure there is ittle we can do about it. Between these recent laws and the fusion centers how long before the black suvs' start showing up at our doors. Its' going to get far worse.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by miracleretiree
Is this fact? I know fox news is run by republicans. So,what bill can i research to find this as fact.

I wont say a word about this until i know it as fact.

If you do not know the difference between a Bill and an Executive Order, then you have a hell of a lot of a lot of research to do. Here is a link to the pdf of that Executive Order:

www.whitehouse.gov...

Also, if you were truly interested in doing research, you would have all ready done it by now and then would know that this has been reported by the main stream media in both broadcast and print, including CNN, The Washington Post, and numerous other media outlets.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gooey6
Who primed it is the only intelligent thing you said here. You are too concerned with party lines.

Again a steady progression is evident no matter what "party" is in power. Troops are increased by both sides, civil rights are reduced by both sides, etc etc

You can read the same news story on any other news website, like salon.com, chicago tribune, etc...but I'm sure they all have right-winged agendas, right?

In short what I'm saying is, who cares what the source of the information is...it happend. And it scares me deeply that your primary concern is what television channel aired it and not the INHUMANITY of what our country just did.

Truly sad on your part.

If that's what you got out of my post, then all I can say is that there used to be things like tigers, tar pits, and steep cliffs that weeded that sort of oblivious unawareness from our species.

Of course it happened. I did say that, and I certainly don't support it in the least. However, the source is important.

Not too long ago, Fox news was in support of these sort of policies. Every day Americans were told that these "terrorists" needed to be locked up. They were told that trials would cost money and that these "terrorists" would attack America if they went free. Americans were terrorized by Fox News, with the notion of "terrorists" being put into their neighborhood. The message from Fox News was, very plainly, keep them locked up no matter what.

And Fox news has now changed its stance, now that obama has done just what they were supporting for so long. And their viewers - perhaps yourself included - have all of a sudden discovered how unconscionable indefinite incarceration is.

While the change is nice, one has to realize, it'll change right back, and the viewers will go with that change, at a moment's notice. Further, the sudden criticism from this quarter has nothing to do with the morality of the move. Fox news is, of course, presenting it as that devil obama's doing. No mention of, as you like, "who primed it."

Basically, the source is only taking its stance because of who is in office. It is doing so after long supporting these same measures, and scaring US voters into supporting them as well. It is abundantly clear that if Obama backs down on it, Fox news will, once again, loudly support indefinite detention. And they will, as usual, bring their gleefully blind voting viewers along for the ride.

Of course this "executive order" is unconscionable. We're in agreement there. However, I think that pointing out the partisan duplicity of the source being used is also important. Apparently, you can't accept any questioning of that source.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Terrorism is a crime. However you can't spend trillions of dollars on a crime. You need a war or preferably a few wars to make serious money.

Imagine if 9/11 had been treated like a crime. Investigated properly with guilt assigned to the guilty and punishment meted out to the guilty. No wars, no invasions, no patriot act, I know seems impossible now.

Obama was supposed to close Gitmo repeal the "patriot act" and end the wars. Who are the real "terrorists"? Who frightened you into believing that giving up your rights would make you safe? The patriot act had been drafted before 9/11!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

If that is the best you can do to provide proof of the assertions being made, one can only conclude that this thread is nothing but phony-balony outrage from the Grand Old Teabaggers and Fox 'News'.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Another indication that the American Empire is over, when its foundational pillars are knocked down.

First Obama lied about getting rid of Gitmo now he's striking out to retain it.

It is incumbent upon the American people to remove him from office at the first opportunity.
edit on 9/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

I think "The Judge" is about the only thing I can stand to watch on Fox anymore...

Stuart Varney is a strong Libertarian voice you can trust on the business side.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

This has reminded of me of the French Penal Colony ( Devils Island ) French Guinea that if you were convicted of a crime with a sentence over 8 years you would spend the rest of your Dying Life on the Island Exiled,, your a Man without a country banish from going anywhere else yet your sentence is UP , Free but your not to have Freedom of movement ! Off the Island ...

Devil's Island
en.wikipedia.org...

On 30 May 1854, a new law provided that convicts would be forced to stay in French Guiana following their release for a time equal to their forced labour time, or, for sentences exceeding eight years, for the remainder of their lives. They were to be provided with land to settle on. In time, a variety of penal regimes emerged, convicts being divided into categories according to the severity of their crimes and their imprisonment or forced residence regime.[

A well known Movie Portrayal is Papillon
en.wikipedia.org...

The United States Has their Own Devil's Island and seeing its on Borrowed Land by Contract/Treaty

Does the Constitution of the United States Apply ? in Guantánamo Bay the big ??????

Guantánamo Bay

The United States assumed territorial control over the southern portion of Guantánamo Bay under the 1903 Cuban-American Treaty, which granted it a perpetual lease of the area.[1] The United States, by virtue of its complete jurisdiction and control, maintains "de facto" sovereignty over this territory, while Cuba retained ultimate sovereignty over the territory. The current government of Cuba regards the U.S. presence in Guantánamo Bay as illegal and insists the Cuban-American Treaty was obtained by threat of force in violation of international law.[2]

Cuban–American Treaty
en.wikipedia.org...

The ongoing detention of prisoners at the base is in itself said to constitute a violation of the original treaty, which explicitly states that the United States is allowed "generally to do any and all things necessary to fit the premises for use as coaling or naval stations only, and for no other purpose." Such argument thus hinges upon whether detention of prisoners is a valid role of a naval or coaling station.

If i can get this right ..
Your right Stalin Didn't except for the Detentions Gulags ! in Foreign land like the EX Buchenwald concentration camp turned into a Gulag

Your right Hitler Didn't except for Concentration/Detention camps in Foreign County's Especially Poland

Your right the King of England didn't Except for putting the unwanted troublemakers to the (New World) formerly known now as The United States before the revolutionary war and After to Australia

What the video did forget was The French Penal Colonies (Prison Camps) French Guinea
that did this right up to the 1940s their Own People and Foreigners

The United States Is Copying the The French !
as We all know the French is Notorious of Prisoner Torture & Treatment an Still is

The Main reason I would think that this Government of Our is doing this ! They do not want to have those Acquitted Prisoners revealing the Truth ! of what went on in Cuba Let alone the Truth as to Why they were Put their in the First Place or its something They know (Political Prisoner Status) blowing the whistle if they were to be sent free ...

Does the Geneva Convention Only Apply to a Declared War on both sides! for it to Work ! ?

seeing Afghanistan and Iraq were an Invasion /Conflict as Vietnam In the Indochina 2nd conflict did NOT recognize the Geneva Convention as War wasn't declared

Or did i Miss the Declaration of War On Iraq & Afghanistan ill Admit i do not watch the Tube much .. LOL
edit on 9-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

edit on 9-3-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
i wouldnt trust anyone on a mainstream news channel

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

i was talking about people in general, not TPTB

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Congratulations democrats, liberals, "progressives", leftists...you have gotten what you have voted for...a anti-human dictatorship the likes of which the world has never seen before.

Your actions have effectively eroded 300 years of human rights' struggles, freedom and liberty/justice for all.

I hope you feel good about what your ideology has wrought.

edit on 9-3-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I hate that this is my first post here, however I want to clarify something. They are covered by the Geneva Convention and by the very fact that they are not UNIFORMED Combatants they have none of the protections of the Geneva Convention. Nor are they truly subject to our Penal Codes so - if we were to truly to follow the Rules of War - there would be no Gitmo, because it is perfectly legal under the Geneva Convention to execute them on sight.

And as a retired Veteran who was there in the First Gulf War and lost a number of friends in both wars - I would see no problem in that. In fact, it would have solved the problem of Gitmo.

SFGirl

edit on 9-3-2011 by SFGirl because: Forgot my signature.

edit on 9-3-2011 by SFGirl because: I goofed

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join