It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanishing Lakes: New Zealand reservoir mysteriously disappears during quake!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
"March 8, 2011 – HUNTSBURY, NZ – 36 million liters of water mysteriously disappeared from a reservoir in Huntsbury New Zealand following the February 22nd 6.3 earthquake in Christchurch."

There is a short news video theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

they said this happened in russia in 05, chile in 07, and "In one of the strangest incidents of all, in September 0f 2010 the Iska River in Slovenia mysteriously disappeared overnight after residents near the river reported hearing a mysterious sonic boom and tremors."

there are links to each above occurrence on the first link

crazy stuff, can any of our NZ members confirm how serious this is? It sounds pretty crazy to me. that poor town.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Very strange indeed. I just read this post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and wonder if it could be related. If it were timed with an offshore earthquake the result would be a water wave as opposed to the earth wave referred to in the post. Something to consider while remaining unafraid but alert.

Things that make you go hmmm...

And seems to add credence to this theory. If a waterborn earthquakes were part of the wave for each instance of earthquake (also mentions China and Chile) it would make sense that the water would disappear shortly afterward as it drained down the fissure.

edit on 8-3-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Wow this is interesting, I mean here I am planning my survival hiding spot for the future next to a water source when it could just all disapear at a moments notice...

I bet this will raise a few eyebrows as to just where this water is going? If there are just empty underground casms that can fit that much water makes you think what else it might swallow......

SCARY

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't have any evidence or sources just a speculation. What if the water disappearances had something to do with the whole hollow earth theory. I mean all that water has to go somewhere. Wherever all of that water goes has to have the capacity to store all of that water. Hollow Earth would probably fit the bill for that. If there was a fissure that opened up there would probably have been a release of noxious gas, possibly methane. Then again natural methane has no color or odor so unless someone was smoking near the lake no one would have been able to tell unless they had a measuring device on hand.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by uselesshobo

for sure. don't take anything for granted!! percentage wise though, you'd probably have the same chance of being struck by lightning the day you won the powerball

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

lol, i thought hollow earth for a second...must be getting dry down there.....ventura was half right, it's not the chinese stealing our water, is the gog and magog

(btw, nice avatar)
edit on 8-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
the world's crust is full of gas pockets, and casims, its only logic to assume that an earthquake could open up an underground river to one of these.

look at the casm they recently found on the moon! Although that was ALOT of water...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Anything's possible lol. Thanks, same to you.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
www.3news.co.nz... s-water-gone/tabid/423/articleID/201426/Default.aspx

It's not a lake. It's a concrete water reservoir that was damaged as the result of an earthquake.

www.3news.co.nz... fault.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tv3LatestNewsVideo+%283News+Latest+News+Video%29

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

ahemm

lake
1    /leɪk/ Show Spelled[leyk] Show IPA
–noun
a body of fresh or salt water of considerable size, surrounded by land.
any similar body or pool of other liquid, as oil.
edit on 8-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The concrete water reservoir got a huge crack in the bottom during the recent earthquake, the water simply drained away.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by uselesshobo

no doubt..look at the ogallala aquifer!!!! One of the world's largest aquifers, it covers an area of approximately 174,000 mi² (450,000 km²) (wikipedia)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Yep, concrete cracked and, well I'll be, water leaked out.

Source: have friends up on Cashmere and in Huntsbury areas

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

This reminds me of a book that I read or a movie which I watched...or something like that. Preparations for an impending disaster were taking place and the government started blowing bodies of water from below and dropping the contents into underground reservoirs.

It was totally fiction, of course. But now its going to bug me until I remember where I read or saw it.

On a serious note, though, this has to be bad for that area of New Zealand. Aren't those reservoirs there for a reason?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
These events have occurred in the past and are now happening with greater frequency as geological forces under the ground continue to erode substrata. Our planet is undergoing massive change beneath our feet. This geological deformation will only accelerate and become more widespread with time as the pace of earthchanges intensify. -The Extinction Protocol
edit on 9-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I know what happened. The gas companies figured it was a good chance to sneak in and steal all their water. And no one would be the wiser. They could frack quite a few wells with that!

All joking aside, I am glad to hear that they were just man made resovoirs. Makes it a lot less creepier. Still sad for all that aquatic life that was lost though... Next time they should aim to make the resovoirs as quake proof as possible.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
man new zeland geting hit rember when there was a post on here awhie ago about safe spots and new zeland was one

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bob33
man new zeland geting hit rember when there was a post on here awhie ago about safe spots and new zeland was one

Who could say that? New Zealand is on a MAJOR fault line, Australia's safe. crusing on its own plate. Very stable stable old mantle wont be going anywhere in a hurray.

top topics

join