It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't watch any of the ATS Videos...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
- Yes I have flash

- I use NoScript addon and I have ATS set to "allow all this page"

- I also use BetterPrivacy addon (it deletes flash cookies after the browser is closed)

- I use MVPS Host File (www.mvps.org...)

I really do not know honestly what the problem can be. Like I have not been able to view a single video even since I have registered here on ATS in 2009. And I have been really interested in watching all these ATS Streetview videos BUT I CANT!!!! Could the hosts file I am using is blocking ATS Vids? I am using Windows 7 as are many other users probably...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well it looks like that you might half to allow some cookies for this web site.sometimes if you dont, specific functions of a web site might be disabled on your computer. I have experienced a problem like this on another website I went on.You may need to change your privacy settings for this website. There is a such a thing as to much security. You might be blocking too many protocols on your web browser settings.You can change them under tools when you have the web browser open. So far A.T.S. has been pretty trust worthy on my P.C. as well as others I have used. just double check your anti virus program after doing this just to be safe. Hope that advice helps.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Another reason is the better privacy add on you said you are running. Re configure the settings for that add on to allow it to allow pop ups for this site. Sometimes blocking pop ups stops videos from being played because they need to open in another window.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If you are using internet Explorer try updating it but I am sure you tried that. I recommend a work around, download google Chrome browser, its fast and light. www.google.com...

If that still doesnt work then you know its most likely a driver issue.

I like it. It nice.

edit on 9-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Or like the previous poster said, anti virus pop up blocker may do that as well.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
ok guys. Since I could not figure it out with my firefox with all these nice addons attached to it I went to internet explorer. Guess what yes the movie does NOT load on Internet Explorer either!! I am going to go see if my windows hosts file is the cause of this..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It was the windows host file!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh.

Now I need to know what entry is causing ATS videos not to show up. What kind of flash player does ATS use?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

From what I know flash player should work on pretty much all videos except the ones supported by quick time I think wich is hardily any of them. Flash works on around 80% of all videos on the internet at least thats what I remember. I dont think A.T.S. uses quick time but allot of websites have used boath players on their video files. What you might need to do is disable some of those add ons you say you use. To many add ons that block some popups or cookies cause videos to not respond. I Hardlly use any extra add ons and it can play the videos verry well and the security is top noch. For a security suite I would recomend windows esecurity essenchals if you dont allready have it. They have free virsons that work very well. But you need to get rid of your current anti virus software before installing windows security essenshals. And then install windows security essenshals in safe mode. if you use a mac computer it will not be able to install.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Stop blocking banner ads, allow popups and then restart your browser if you want ATS videos to show up. Should do the trick.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That seems like the logical thing to do. Like I said before, there is a thing as to much security.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
ATS videos come thru in my mailbox and you are welcome to them. Someone shoving a camera & microphone in the faces of busy, pissed-off New Yorkers? No thanks.

new topics

top topics

join