It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were the "God" of a newly discovered planet...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Also, I cannot stress this enough... you create the story from where I left off.

If you want to add in any details I missed or I was vague on, go ahead and be creative.

I am loving the responses so far.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You know what would be a real danger in this scenario? Disease. Their immune systems and yours would be likely very different. You would be likely to die in a week or two from some otherwise-benign variant of the common cold that you simply lacked immunity for because it was a zillion years in the past. And conversely, the locals would be very succeptable to any germs you happened to be carrying, even if such germs would be completely harmless to you.

In the 16th century, the inhabitants of the east coast of the US and Canada were visited by various explorers and dreamers, people looking to trade or conquest, trap fur or find fabled cities of gold that did not exist. By the early 17th century, over 90% of the native inhabitants of these regions were dead, killed by a supervirus contracted through casual encounters with handful of European traders. It had spread through their population like wildfire because they lacked the immunity to that disease that the Europeans had built up over centuries or longer.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I would tell them what I would know about science, if they could understand it.
I would ensure they would not worship me as a deity, as that can lead to squabbles and infighting
Then I would probably live among them, as I really wouldn't have any where else to go

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
So yeah everyone, remember, you create the story.

I mentioned how you have solar panels on your ship, so assume you can recharge your devices for the time being.

Regarding the OP of this thread... It is a philosophical question. Do you rule with an iron fist? or are you peaceful? Do you put yourself above them, or do you live among them?

I really want to hear people's opinions on this.

I live amongst them, they have much to teach me about their world, at least at first...
Vicky

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Agreed. How incredible it would be to live in a world untouched by the corruption of modern day man.

To be completely in nature... Wow. very cool.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Astound them with a technology such as a gun, a lighter, maybe even a bow and arrow.
Invent the razer and become the hugh heffner of the cavewoman.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
seeing your ship or you and techonolgy curups them, you can also do blood trasfers to trasfer antibodies
you might have to perform various traditions to know the knowledge ingest potions various things like this, they could be older than sin before sin was a word a thought, they might speak to the planet maybe they know you before uuse arrive they feel you out already like, a slate is never blank has been wrtten on all ready they write on there own slates they are there own person, we there to share dance dress in colours do the things you was meant to do, build good sturdy things to weather storms.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
well eventually I would be mating with them as I have been on a really long trip

as you said they are hot so who could resist, i mean who would refuse I would have my pick I am like Elvis to them for crying out loud.

I think I would begin to prepare them for an invasion from my kind since more of me would surely come at some point. I would teach them everything I knew, science math reading why hold back. I mean its not like I would be getting off there rock anytime soon.

If they hadnt figured out fire yet though....ehh...they may not be smart enough to understand me anyhow.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIGGSofWAR

These are the warning signs I would reflect to the people than they know the sign

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I would yell ...I AM CHARLIE SHEEN !!! ....YOU FOLKS ARE ...WINNERS!!

Then I would show them how to make booze and get laid.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think I'd take a page from Army of Darkness. Bruce Campbell had it right when he said,

"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"

Then I would train them into an unstoppable army ...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Check they're not cannabal.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Man! I cannot believe none of you ever read any Kipling! Beware the "God Gambit."

People's exhibit A:

Of course, every body loves their new 'god,' until he tries to take a mortal wife:

edit on 10-3-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I make a speech...

"Alright you primates, listen up! This...(hold up my gun) is my BOOMstick!...."

EDIT: Damn, someone beat me to it, hehe....great minds think alike!

Seriously though, I become the leader, choose my harem, and live like a king for the rest of my days. How hard is that?

The language barrier will be the most difficult challenge. Once known though, create a religion that revolves around my coming to the planet, etc., etc.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

MUWHAHAHAHA, I get to lead my very own cult!! _javascript:icon('
') (Alright, enough with the creepiness, let's get down to business!)

First, I would invite them into my ship for a giant house-party. After all of our primitive friends are hopelessly wasted, I will proceed to give them make-overs so that they look like incarnations of Ziggy Stardust. Then I will charge them taxes on their caves and offer them upgrades at "reasonable" prices. Hell, I'll even give them discounts on lava lamps and shag rugs.

I will create a religion very similar to Scientology, only Tom Cruise shall be our one and only true God! All members will be required to don tin-foil hats and speak in Klingon. _javascript:icon('
') I will teach them the ways of South Park and Family Guy, and laugh as their puny little world descends into madness. The only diseases they will have are "Bieber-Fever" (A strange infection that causes one to suddenly act like a pretty-boy, have a auto-tuned voice and the urge to sing about lonely girls.) and "Twilight-itis" (The victim fawns over anyone will pale skin and sharp teeth and may or may not have dollar signs for eyes.)

Finally, I will fix my space-ship, record my experiences and sell them in a book called "I Was God For a Day" and watch as the enlightening experiences are mass-produced and left to rot in bargain bins.

Welcome to the Future that never was, we're all oblivious here! _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The first thing you always want to do to become a decent civilisation is to invent time travel, it allows you to bring tech from the far future into the past.
Time travel is then number one technology for any wanna be alien civilisation.

Id then find another advanced civilisation and leech of their advanced technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join