It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring Cleaning and Feng Shui.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Today, I started my spring cleaning. For some reason in the wintertime, it seems like we all kinda spend more time indoors, and thus it can get rather messy. I am sure some of you keep your house clean all year round, and major kudos to you.

So, I started to clean my room today, using a technique called "corner to corner." Basically you clean one corner at a time. It is a way to start with cleaning and removing the clutter. After this step, you can work on the innards of the room. But I feel like corner to corner is a good start. We all have our techniques.

So, regarding this thread. I cleaned one corner of my room today, and I seriously can already feel the energy flow in my room has improved. It is truly amazing.

The way I think of it, in a messy room when you are trying to do homework for instance, having clutter around distracts you from your task.

When a room is cleaned, it purifies the aura of the room. I am 100% sure Feng Shui is a real phenomenon.

Haha, I remember this one time I was at a friend's house. It was 5 roomates who lived together in the house, and there was one female in the house with 4 guys... So their house was a little cluttered at times.

One day I visited, and the living room was spotless. I turn to the female of the house, and I am like, "wow, I can really tell you cleaned up in here. It feels so much more open and less hectic. Very good job!"

I saw her eyes light up and I could tell she savored the compliment with all of her heart. Ahhhh... It was a good moment for everyone.

So yeah, anyone else started their spring cleaning yet and have reaped the benefits of good Feng Shui?
edit on 8-3-2011 by SolarE-Souljah because: increased feng shui.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I always thought Feng Shui was furniture placement
but I know what you mean by a clean space. My place
looks like the set from Sanford & Son. A carpet shampooer
(sp?) in my future is a prediction you can take to the bank.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I dont so Feng.. but Im one of those weirdos that changes furniture around until it "feels right"... LOL! Its a good thing the husband doesnt mind the constant change! Sometimes I will get sick of a room or just feel uncomfortable in it after a while and change, add, take away, several times until it feels right or comfortable.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

I did a little more research and it turns out Feng Shui is more than furniture placement. It is about how a room is oriented and all the things in it, not just furniture.

In my opinion, I think spring cleaning can help the Feng Shui of a room improve. That's just me talking, but I think it makes sense.

We don't even have to use the word Feng Shui. I just think that a clean tidy room is advantageous in many ways.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I know what you mean. Whenever I clean my place
inside & out it does feel like more energy flows in
positive ways. I just need to have a yard sale because
I'm up to my eyeballs in clutter.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Back when I lived in the dorms for a semester, the clutter would get so bad I would have to study somewhere else other than my room. So I can attest to the fact that environment plays a big role in productivity.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

[color=deepskyblue]
I was into feng shui for a while. Clearing the clutter is the first step
So you were right on the money.

Its pretty interesting if you get into it. Back when I started getting into it, it was hard to find good free information on it. There are a lot of feng shui "consultants" that will charge you a tidy sum to arrange your furniture. Not sure if the same is true today.

Basically, there is this thing called the Bagua. Each of the 9 areas of the Bagua corresponds to a different area of your life. Each section of the Bagua has different elements, colors, numbers, directions and objects that will either hinder or help the flow of "chi" in your space.

Feng shui also puts a lot of focus on "attention to intention" on a sort of you will "get back what you give out" sort of thing.

Here is an example of one of the many versions of the Bagua. You can see that this diagram has been laid over a floor plan to show which areas of the house correspond with which area of the Bagua.

[color=dodgerblue]Now my feng shui interest has been sparked once again. Off to google!
edit on 8-3-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

top topics

join