It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Deal With Ignorance .....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I've noticed many flammable Threads lately, ... but more noticeably, the reactions to these threads, people and opinions.

At the end of the day, .... is it really worth getting so bent ouf of shape over a complete strangers opinion ??? afterall, ... for your views to exist, ... its opposite must also exist, here in this relative world.

Right, ... Wrong ?? these are just imaginary concepts defined by individuals, ... there will never really be, a complete, general consesus.

Sure, ... everyone has some growing to do, ... some are more enlightened than others, .... but is one place on the same path better than another ???

When you combat Ignorance with hatred, .... you become the thing you sought to extinguish. Because from the opposite view.... you are the ignorant.

To rail against another, ... is only to do so against an aspect of yourself, ...... let our differences unite us in thought provoking discussion, not divide us against our better nature.

... and perhaps, somewhere along the way, .... we will reach our truth's............. together.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Not sure why this just applies to the nets.

Is it really worth getting bent out of shape over anything? Really most persons just want to eat, sleep, and probably poop sometimes. (And other things too) I'm not really sure why most people argue about anything. Seems mostly pointless - especially when it comes to sexuality and religion.

You know if we dedicated all our sexuality and religion debate time to curing cancer and building a hover car I would by typing this whilst airborne?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Excellent observation, sir.

I have noticed alot of negative replies in threads designed to have a positive focus. This is not "constructive" feedback either, it a blatant insult that just barely slides past the T&C.

It may also be a sign of the times. As we all fight over crumbs that spill from the overfilled plates of the elites, we need an agression outlet. So some us take our anger out by kicking the dog, or in this case, flaming another poster.

S+F!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I know what you mean.
A lot of people that complain about their threads being derailed by trolls or haters are actually more guilty of derailing the thread themselves by ignoring comments that agree with them and focusing solely on the one or two people who dont, thus turning the whole thing into a two way argument and driving everyone else out of the thread

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have to say its disappointing when you read some ones theory & put serious thought into your reply, take the time & effort to raise interesting or valid points to further the debate and the op author simply replies with a dismissive or deflective one liner that addresses none of the things you brought up.

I used to get angry/frustrated and continue the conversation, in effect feeding the fire that burns me, but now I just leave the debate entirely. I still get frustrated, but I don't hang around for more punishment anymore

very good thread, S+F for you

-B.M
edit on 06/03/2011 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I know what you mean.
A lot of people that complain about their threads being derailed by trolls or haters are actually more guilty of derailing the thread themselves by ignoring comments that agree with them and focusing solely on the one or two people who dont, thus turning the whole thing into a two way argument and driving everyone else out of the thread

Yeah Dave, ... I dunno if I am one to be complaining about Trolling ..... per say. lol.

but Ignorance on the other hand...... is like trying to convince someone the sky is blue, when they refuse to take off their red shades.

new topics

top topics

join