It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Data Strengthens Reports of Toxic Rain on the Gulf Coast From BP Spill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The concentrations of hydrocarbon smog should be highest just above the ocean surface where they would drift inland with the sea breeze. I think any rain falling through this low altitude layer of smog could be contaminated.

Relatively less hydrocarbon would evaporate and recondense at the 50,000 foot cloud levels where the normal rain condenses.

Air and soil analysis, comparisons of prior years data should give us some solid evidence. If oil prices break $200 a barrel how much of an effect would that have on the air quality and the low altitude smog layer? We get a huge amount of unburned hydrocarbon from heavier summer traffic in all heavily urbanized areas. The gulf coast spill only contributes to the problem.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thank you donttreadonme for moving my post.
But do you think it will get more attention here?
I was just wondering.
I know the word needs to get out there to the world,
and believe me it's not for my gains,but to bring attention to what has been so blatantly ignored.
This people need help ,but the MSM ignores that.Just like Katrina,just like Haiti...
it falls to the wayside and soon forgotten.
It needs to be on the front of news headlines.
But no,we are more concerned about Charlie Sheen!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thats what I thought,no more replies,hidden by the man.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Kdog, chill out man.

I tried to post on your other thread but it was 404ed before I could let you know your post is here.

This is the correct Forum for that topic. Whenever you post in the wrong Forum it is moved automatically by a Mod. They are doing you a favor in fact because people interested look in the correct Forum first.

You have got to remember that this is a topic that has been beat to death and you never know how interested people will be. You can't buy a car with flag's and stars.

Right now at this time of day always gets slow. People have lives.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
By the way, 21 flags is not bad for a thread. Smile, it's all real

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm sorry,it wasn't about the bling,it was about the message and I apologize for getting a little angry about it,it just hits close to home,thats all.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

We all do that from time to time. It's called being Human.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
S&F Soon enough we will all know the truth! For anyone ill, please see this article here, written by Dr. Riki Ott.
Nothing to take lightly.

Huffington Post

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hello all,I live on the gulfcoast. I have lived on the gulf for 33 years. I and everyone I know have been eating the fish,and breathing the air all our lives. None of us have gotten sick. It rains in my home town,feels like everyday,and I have allways loved the rain. I see nor do I physicallyfeel that the rain has changed. I have meet no one in my city that has become sick from the seafood or from the air or from the rain. If what ppl say about all this is true then some how my city has been spared. Agian I'm not saying that corexit is or isnt makeing ppl sick but my city has been fine. My beaches were covered in oil so don't think that I have any love for BP. In fact I got a 300 signature petition against the oil rigs even being built out in the gulf in the first place,I was 19 years old. I have alot agienst BP. But I cant invent things or say that BP is the cause of something without real proof.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ONLY BAD DREAMS

if you don't mind my asking sir, where along the gulf do you live?

Certain places like Bay St. Louis, MS had airplanes headed towards the deepwater rig start dumping corexit over their beaches, while Pascagoula, MS did not. Not to mention the bleaching agents air dropped on to Bay St. Louis and Waveland beaches.

Another thing to consider is, once the corexit is in the water, where it travels to is based on not only proximity to where you live but marine currents. This causes the seemingly random dice toss, of who gets damned and who gets spared.

I personally know people directly effected by corexit, and know many more people who know others effected by it, whether it comes in the form of chemical pneumonia, chemical burns, bleeding ears, bleeding rectum, boils, or other horrors you may have heard. I have heard and seen first hand what has happened to some of our residents, along with those who have and those who continue to work on the oil spill response effort.

Deepwater drilling is not the problem, it is something that with the proper planning, and execution can and has been done safely. What we have here is a group of companies that choose to be reckless, take short cuts, and then sweep the end result under the rug. And what is worse, is we have a government that has allowed, no I take it back, helped them commit murder.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Check out what BP Oil spill did to her > www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
As a nurse, I have been speaking daily with people who have been sickened from the Gulf waters! One in particular whom went swimming in Florida with his best friend and now is very ill. His best friend died 2 weeks later! So far he has been spared, but definitely been poisoned!

I tell you this as the absolute truth. I have been working with Dr. Riki Ott to help thousands sickened by the oil disaster. These people NEED HELP!! I am glad that some have been spared. But when I see toxicology reports, stating "UNKNOWN CHEMICAL EXPOSURE" I am a believer! it is not up to me or anyone else to convince people that this is a reality, and is actually happening. I do feel a responsibility to tell what I have seen with my own eyes and to use my medical knowledge to alert the public to the real disaster that has taken place.

I realize the situation with illness is not affecting everyone, however, just because it is not happening to you does not invalidate the claims of others who are suffering terribly!

The media has turned a deaf ear to the catastrophe that has taken place. Please, now is not the time for us to stick our heads in the sand, nor is it the time to prove some radical conspiracy. It is the time to help our fellow man.

Thanks for the excellent thread!!

Pax

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
As a nurse, I have been speaking daily with people who have been sickened from the Gulf waters! One in particular whom went swimming in Florida with his best friend and now is very ill. His best friend died 2 weeks later! So far he has been spared, but definitely been poisoned!

I tell you this as the absolute truth. I have been working with Dr. Riki Ott to help thousands sickened by the oil disaster. These people NEED HELP!! I am glad that some have been spared. But when I see toxicology reports, stating "UNKNOWN CHEMICAL EXPOSURE" I am a believer! it is not up to me or anyone else to convince people that this is a reality, and is actually happening. I do feel a responsibility to tell what I have seen with my own eyes and to use my medical knowledge to alert the public to the real disaster that has taken place.

I realize the situation with illness is not affecting everyone, however, just because it is not happening to you does not invalidate the claims of others who are suffering terribly!
Very well said,and thank you for sharing your story.
The truth has to be exposed and the story needs to get out there to everyone! How would you get the story out to the MSM? Or maybe they know,just more interesting stories out there.
The media has turned a deaf ear to the catastrophe that has taken place. Please, now is not the time for us to stick our heads in the sand, nor is it the time to prove some radical conspiracy. It is the time to help our fellow man.

Thanks for the excellent thread!!

Pax

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rcubed1080

Pensacola. But like I said I can only speak about my city. But I do have to ask,"Did a docter tell you specifically that it was corexit or did a Doctor say they dont know what it is and you personal decided that it was corexit?"

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Why does UNKNOWN CHEMICAL EXPOSURE tell you its corexit? Sounds to me like the lab should know right away if its corexit. unknown does not = corexit.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ONLY BAD DREAMS

Hello, I do not believe anywhere in my post I stated that the unknown chemical was corexit. However, this person is most likely suffering from benzene poisoning. It is impossible for a laboratory to identify a chemical specifically corexit, when the MSDS does not list all the compounds in the mixture. You must have bio markers in order to do that. There is a lab that will run specific bio chemical tests but please understand they have the ability and protocol to separate oil solvents from the blood itself. An unknown chemical is not going to show up in routine blood work such as a CHEM 7 or CBC. It will however completely throw off some if not all of the lab values.

After seeing the lab results and ruling out all other causes for the inconsistent results, common sense along with the patients present symptoms leads to the conclusion, that an unknown chemical is responsible and cannot be detected without specific bio markers.

If the person I am referring to went swimming in the ocean and then came in direct contact with an orange slimy goo like substance and his friend did also, There is no other explanation. Keep in mind both were sickened within 24 hrs., and one did not survive. The other is fighting for his life.

Kindly,
Pax

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
You,know
we really don't have to worry about what mother nature throws at us,
like earthquakes,tsunamis,solar flares.
We are doing our selves in.
Oil,dispersents,nuclear reactors,pollution,GMF,pills,war.
We are the ones responsible for our own destruction.
Plenty of people would have survived the earthquake and tsunami.
Would probably done alright after the oilspill in the gulf.
But we have done ourselves in with what we have created.
Mother nature will not be our end,
but what mankind has created will be our end.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Kind of going through some of my old posts and thought I would do an update on this.

BP’S GULF COAST LEGACY: MORE SICK CHILDREN THAN WE’VE EVER SEEN BEFORE

Thats right,the gulf coast residents are still being affected,but do here anything about it?

No.

BP has been busy with they're coverup.

Children on the Gulf Coast are falling ill in record numbers. Children who never had health problems before the BP oil spill are suffering from an array of debilitating ailments from chronic bronchitis to staph infections to acute sinusitis to mysterious “stomach viruses.” The ranks of the sick continue to climb, overwhelming doctors and clinics up and down the Gulf Coast. And to make matters worse, few treatments and medications – like antibiotics – seem to be working, so symptoms persist. Local doctors are baffled. Parents are panicked, frustrated and knee-deep in medical bills. But, of course, it’s the children who are suffering the most. As we approach the second anniversary of the worst environmental disaster in our nation’s history, coastal communities on the Gulf of Mexico are in the grips of a spiraling health crisis. Symptoms consistent with chemical poisoning are becoming increasingly common – particularly among children – and lack of medical training and resources is exacerbating an already dire situation.

A new video from the nonprofit Louisiana Environmental Action Network (LEAN), which is going viral this week, does a superb job of documenting this forgotten chapter in the tragic story of the Gulf oil spill.

www.stuarthsmith.com...

It just makes me sick thinking about how it is all just being swept under the rug!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
wow that's terrible news, but i appreciate the update man. this and fukashima are being ignored and downplayed while millions of people are becoming ill. i hope those who cover this stuff up one day find a conscience and hurt for many years.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yes,it is terrible.

Just another example of big oil stepping on the people for financial gains.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join