It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas: more than 800 earthquakes in the last 6 mo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Arkansas: more than 800 earthquakes in the last 6 mo.

www.realitysandwich.com

A series of earthquakes have been experienced in Arkansas and are slowly becoming the norm, though the reason as to why there have been so many remains elusive.

More than 800 earth quakes have been reported across the region in the past six months, and the region experienced its largest quake yet this past Sunday reaching nearly 5.0 on the ricter scale.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yaho o.com
www.msnbc.msn.com
planetsave.com
www.geology.ar.gov

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What can we expect to see in the near future stateside? Tons of tremors and real quakes on top of that. Hawaii is also experiencing recent volcanic activity.

Geologists are saying this may be due to fracking (drilling for natural gas using holes filled with water).

The Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission has ordered a "six-month moratorium" on new injection wells in the perimeter to investigate this further.

Lets not forget the dead birds falling from the sky and the fish dying in droves. Something is going on in that state and I don't think it's anything religious. The Earth is changing there and it's either natural or man-made or man has caused the natural processes to speed up. The question is what's next? When we have novel situations like this there really are no models to predict future events. Does anyone really think 5000 birds (yes that is 5 x 1000) died naturally while flying? I don't like the odds on that hypothesis.

www.realitysandwich.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ar. is my home state and I have many family and friends there....or these quakes occurung along the New Madrid fault...it seems like these are a little further South?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Check out the geology link I have above.
There is a map that is interactive.

By the way. What do the locals think about the dead birds and fish which science has no leading theory for?
Surely the local news has talked about it.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Spirit Warrior 11:11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
If you like using Google Earth for this, USGS has some neat kml files for this kind of thing and some update in real-time.

Anyhow, for those interested - look for Greenbrier. There's a nice line of them concentrated right to the northeast.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Another interesting development today. This is related to the fish and birds dying.
Here in my home state of CA 1 million+ fish just died in one day here at one of our ports.
Redondo Beach, CA.

"Over a million sardines wash up near California beach"

(NECN/KTLA) - Check out this massive sea of dead fish that washed up near Redondo Beach, California.

An official said there are more than a million...and are a foot deep! They believe the school of sardines were swept into the harbor by waves or the current.

The fish then used up all of the oxygen in the area, which experts believe led to the mass kill. Meanwhile, pelicans and other birds are enjoying a feeding frenzy.

Link

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

Huge thread with details, experts, and personal accounts here.

If anybody hasn't heard of the Arkansas Earthquakes, the linked thread is a must read. Charts, graphs, analysis, and a periodical bibliography of pertinent links.

top topics

join