It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should man rely on himself or God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

edit on 11-3-2011 by ShaktipatSeer because: (refer to previous post)

edit on 11-3-2011 by ShaktipatSeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Greatest I am

Are you saying they did not know right from wrong and God punished them anyway?

That is not a moral thing to do. Even human courts say that without evil intent, there is no crime and no punishment should be given.

Is man more responsible and just than God?

Regards
DL

Actually, I didn't say they were punished, I said they were set free to figure stuff out for themselves. Once they had eaten from the tree of knowledge they knew good from evil and upon knowing had true choice. Too many people assume that if they have to face the consequences of their actions that they are being punished, learning may feel like punishment; but, it is not. You can be too protective of your children and then they don't grow up.

The bible says that God corrects/punishes the ones he loves. It uses words that we can understand; but, they do not fully explain his reasons. If God is all knowing and we are not then words cannot fully explain how he thinks, you have to learn it by living it. From our parents we learn love, by having children we learn forgiveness. If you haven't lived it, it is hard to understand.

The original question was whether one should rely on God or themselves, depends on how much you have learned. Should a six year old listen to his parents or do what he wants? Same question.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Greatest I am

Thank God for his freedom, thank God for life, and everything, but otherwise rely on himself and his own resources to create something worthy of himself, and of God.

"Trust in God but tie your camel first."

His freedom?

Is that the one that tells man to do as told or burn forever?
Ya. Thanks for that God. Not.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaktipatSeer

“This loving reciprocation creates Rasa in our Soul, Transcendental Spiritual mellows of a type of Love and Bliss that goes beyond words. That is the height of being and the constitutional position of the soul in immortality.”

You complain of man being self centered and then show how wonderful self centeredness can be and how he should seek it.

Make up your mind.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Even a six year old knows that you do not punish people the way God did.

You have twisted Eden to suit your twisted views.

Bottom line. No evil intent means innocence. God punished the innocent.

Scripturaly speaking, he does it often.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join