It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Creature Lurks In Central Maryland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It really does look like a combination of a hyena and a coyote! What the hell is going on?

A mystery animal is on the loose in Baltimore County and not even the experts can pin down what it is.

A Glyndon man found a way to secretly record the beast while it grazed in his yard. For a while it was just lurking in the woods watching the Wroe family until the Wroes started watching it.

Jay Wroe: "My truck was parked here, started getting in my truck. I kind of saw it there where the sunlight is and said what in the world is that?"

Jacob Wroe: "It looked so weird to me. I didn't know what it was."

Wanting to get a better look at the beast stalking his family, Jay Wroe put technology to work for him.

Jay Wroe: "The next day, I hooked up just portable motion detectors, and put them down back in the woods there."

The trap worked.

www.nbc17.com...

More pics at the link

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
heyna, maybe someones pet got loose.
john

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's a dog with mange, this was on the local (Baltimore) news a couple of nights ago.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It definitely has the Posture of a hyena..
I hope someone is able to capture the poor beast, and
treat whatever seems to be ailing it..

Enki, really, a dog?
I'm glad they identified it..
Is there a link to the news story you could provide?

[edit on 19-7-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
kinda looks like a dog with its hair falling out.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It is a fox with hair mites

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
To me looks more like an Australian dingo.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I already posted this. Its just a dog with mange. It was on nbc news at 11:00 friday.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The first thing that popped into my head when I saw it was hyena. It has the face of a hyena. I don't think its one though because of it's long tail. It also sorta looks like thylacine (second thing that came to mind). I don't think its a fox like they're saying. The proportions on a fox are different. One theory I have is a loose dog or wolf hybrid with a chinese crested dog (doubt it). Or a shaved pet on the loose. Mange usually doesn't leave a perfect mane on the neck like that. Mange usually leaves small patches of hair and it looks perfectly bald. It could be a mutated wolf or coyote that is bald since it was born. Basically I think the people who said it was a mangy fox were trying to sweep the problem under a rug. Even a mangy fox would run away when people approached it.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Every dog has his day.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Strange... I just saw it on CNN a few hours ago, and they didn't mention that it's a dog, said it was/is some mystery animal.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
looks more like a hyena than anything else...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It appears to be a Chupacabra, at least to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
hyena, it has to be. or it could be a..... hyena. looks like one

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Looks like a fox with mange.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
pictures of this animal seem to be coming out of the woodwork... it's odd though that no one seems afraid of it, especially peoples' pets. has anyone made an attempt to catch it or anything yet?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Sure don't look like fox ears to me??
Hyena with mange?But what's a Hyena doing in Maryland?Surely Zoo's would have reported if they were missing one....

EDIT: Prolly just a sic dog, cuz hairless dogs can look funky.

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Numbnutz]

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Numbnutz]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Dog with a mange? no fun...
At first i thought it was a racoon. We have lots of them up here in the country...yummm racoon soup...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I was searching for updates on this story, and came across this news article that mentions this thread and abovetopsecret.com! Check the link for more speculation on what the mystery creature is...

Conspiracy theory Web sites, such as abovetopsecret.com and darkgovernment.com are running links to the stories.

Community Times

and also

Mystery Animal Seen All Over The World

[edit on 7-29-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm going with Mexican Hairless, with mange, on this one....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join