It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Whom,and For What Reason, Are We Fighting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The US military is over-extending itself in fighting the Afghan and Iraqi wars, waiting on the next Korea incident, readying for 'assistance' in any and all of the current middle-eastern civil conflicts that seem to be spreading like wildfire, covertly disrupting the Iranian nuclear efforts, etc., etc., etc.

Don't even get me started on the US Miltary's "Black Budget"...

So, why the major focus on the Middle-East? One immediately thinks "Oil". Yet the US has vast as-of-yet untapped reserves. If push-came-to-shove, the government would start tapping all of it, despite the protests of environmentalists, etc. We have it, we need it, we're gettin' it. Period.

And don't forget the 'Green' movement which will continue to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels. Technologies in this area are growing, but not yet quickly enough to outpace fossil fuel demand in the short run.

So the US doesn't necessarily need Middle-Eastern oil to survive.

The 'Terrorist' threat? The sooner we get out of there, the better. Despite what we (as a nation) may think, we are NOT the World Police. Let them destroy themselves and we can bolster our OWN borders with the men and women that are currently overseas, at a MUCH cheaper rate. Because they are home.

There has to be something else over there that has the interests of the PTB.

I guess what I'm trying to get across is this: The PTB have their own agenda that doesn't include you or I. We are at war for false reasons and our friends and family members are falling for unknown reasons.

What is so important about that region of the world?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

We are fighting because a few Idiots in the Past came up with the Ideas of Money and Religion

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
easily conquered areas to which they can spread democracy, and since there are large oil reserves they can make tons of money off the oil. Its MONEY DUH, not to mention haliburton is getting paid who knows how many billions to do a crap ass job out there. AGAIN ITS THE MONEY.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Money is secondary in the middle east. First and foremost is to round-up the last hold outs to one world government. Spreading democracy my er...uhm...derriere!

Another thing we seem to be interested in is pillaging artifacts, and hoarding them away in a vault somewhere.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
easily conquered areas to which they can spread democracy, and since there are large oil reserves they can make tons of money off the oil. Its MONEY DUH, not to mention haliburton is getting paid who knows how many billions to do a crap ass job out there. AGAIN ITS THE MONEY.

Oh, I'm sorry, DUH.

I thought oil equated to money, as does gold, as does silver, as does everything else, DUH.

Please TRY to bring something more to the conversation next time, DUH.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Money is secondary in the middle east. First and foremost is to round-up the last hold outs to one world government. Spreading democracy my er...uhm...derriere!

Another thing we seem to be interested in is pillaging artifacts, and hoarding them away in a vault somewhere.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

Kudos to you for thinking outside of the box!!! There HAS TO BE something else that we're just not looking at. Or we're looking at it, but not 'seeing' it, if you know what I mean.

new topics

top topics

join