It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites by the people of "god".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

(Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

Bet you never heard this story before in Church, right??

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunTzu22

True enough.....but are you still blaming God for whats written in the bible?

beating a dead horse much?
edit on 8-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You are right of course. Definitely im beating the corpse of a horse. It is just that where I'm from, people(christians) love to bash homo's and unmarried women and pretty much everybody, and they use scripture to do it.

I just want them to know what is in their book that they so readily thump.

If they say that the bible is the "word of god" how is their "god" not responsible? aside from the fact that he is nonexistant.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

You are right of course. Definitely im beating the corpse of a horse. It is just that where I'm from, people(christians) love to bash homo's and unmarried women and pretty much everybody, and they use scripture to do it.

I just want them to know what is in their book that they so readily thump.

If they say that the bible is the "word of god" how is their "god" not responsible? aside from the fact that he is nonexistant.

I hear ya man, but remember these people don't usually read the bible, they get it preached to them. If they do read it, clearly they don't understand the important aspects of it. Mainly, judging others...

A lot of people seem to think that because they belong to some religious sect, they have the right to tell others what they "should" be doing....as if they're more holy then others because of their belief in what they've been taught. If they actually learned anything from the bible they wouldn't be telling others what to do, they'd be leading by example...

So if you happen to meet people like this, just smile and agree. Its easier then trying to convince them of anything.....

I always take the hard way though....i love me a religious debate!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Oddly enough, yes, I have! What part of Old Testament followed by New Testament do you guys not get?
Vicky

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Oddly enough, yes, I have! What part of Old Testament followed by New Testament do you guys not get?
Vicky

im confused..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's convenient that you omitted what the Midianites did to deserve this destruction. For 400 years the Canaanites practice devil worship and child sacrifice. They were given a chance to repent and didn't. The Midianites betrayed Israel and enticed them into ritualistic orgies in service of their demonic gods. God had a beef with these northern Midian tribes.

God has reserved the right to judge nations and he still does so as should be obvious. At that time Israel was the instrument of Gods wrath. He has used other nations for similar purposes, e.g. the Medes and Persians and probably the Mongolians as well.

Oh by the way, the women who were spared were not used as whores, but more likely as servants or even brides.
edit on 9-3-2011 by SevenThunders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
It's convenient that you omitted what the Midianites did to deserve this destruction. For 400 years the Canaanites practice devil worship and child sacrifice. They were given a chance to repent and didn't. The Midianites betrayed Israel and enticed them into ritualistic orgies in service of their demonic gods. God had a beef with these northern Midian tribes.

God has reserved the right to judge nations and he still does so as should be obvious. At that time Israel was the instrument of Gods wrath. He has used other nations for similar purposes, e.g. the Medes and Persians and probably the Mongolians as well.

Oh by the way, the women who were spared were not used as whores, but more likely as servants or even brides.

way to justify murder.... because it was god, its ok

how do you know they woman where spared, its more likely that these savage killers satisfied their manly needs by raping the women. so they'll kill but hold the phone... we draw the line at rape

edit: bring on the debate ive got all night, and im feeling aggressive
edit on 9-3-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

Originally posted by SevenThunders

way to justify murder.... because it was god, its ok

how do you know they woman where spared, its more likely that these savage killers satisfied their manly needs by raping the women. so they'll kill but hold the phone... we draw the line at rape

edit: bring on the debate ive got all night, and im feeling aggressive

what debate im sure you're right...

im just wondering if hes talking about stories from the bible as if they were historical fact?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

lol i dunno, you're right no debate needed, i just finished debating someone who kept connecting atheism to the holocaust. feeling very aggressive.

to add to the thread

Joshua 6

sup suntzu

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by Akragon

lol i dunno, you're right no debate needed, i just finished debating someone who kept connecting atheism to the holocaust. feeling very aggressive.

to add to the thread

Joshua 6

sup suntzu

Quite the opposite actually, Hitler knew about God without a doubt... but he also knew about the other side of spirituality........the "dark side" lol.......it can be very alluring.

I think the power if can offer consumed him.

power corrupts those who are not pure of heart my friend...
edit on 9-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Don't forget that Hitler coveted religious artifacts, especially Christian relics and the Spear of Longinus in particular.
Now, you would think that those artifacts would only work for somebody that wasn't evil, or corrupt.
Why would he want them so bad?? Hitler lost the war like a week after Patton captured Prage, where the Spear was residing at a museum.

The Vatican also helped Nazi's to escape to South America, because the Nazi's found extremely precious documents in the possesion of certain French families while they occupied France.

America nabbed a few becuase of their propulsion tech and many of the SS members were privy to rites that were of interest to the Freemasons.
They were original documents concerning the exorcisim rite performed by Jesus Christ, written in Greek.
I am almost 100% that this is what the Voynich Manuscript translates to describe, but the translation remaining hidden or more likely lost forever.

The rite didn't just speak about how to take demons out of a body, but how to manifest them for ones benefit and pleasure. This is what the mystery schools of Judeo-Christianity eventually taught their initiates. Evil stuff.

So now you can see how Christianity has literally demonized itself, and barely needs me at all to wake people up to its attrocities. But its whatever...

Wat up vjr!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Yea, are you serious?? I didn't even believe what you posted till I read it like 50 times.. You need help buddy, and you have your religion to thank for that.

You think its ok to smash babies heads against walls, and tear girls into quarters after they are raped by hundreds of men?? Your nuts.

You like to thump scripture im sure....So here is a bit I thought you might like considering you want to get into child sacrafice....Remember, YOU went there, not me.

"At that time the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he went throughout the land of Gilead and Manasseh, including Mizpah in Gilead, and led an army against the Ammonites. And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD. He said, "If you give me victory over the Ammonites, I will give to the LORD the first thing coming out of my house to greet me when I return in triumph. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

"So Jephthah led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory. He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith – twenty towns – and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites. When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter – his only child – ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy. When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish. "My daughter!" he cried out. "My heart is breaking! What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back." And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites. But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin." "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children. When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin. So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter." (Judges 11:29-40 NLT)

Come on buddy, snap out of it. It aint to late. Thats ur own holy book bud. Thats ur God. Wow.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Don't forget that Hitler coveted religious artifacts, especially Christian relics and the Spear of Longinus in particular.
Now, you would think that those artifacts would only work for somebody that wasn't evil, or corrupt.
Why would he want them so bad?? Hitler lost the war like a week after Patton captured Prage, where the Spear was residing at a museum.

The Vatican also helped Nazi's to escape to South America, because the Nazi's found extremely precious documents in the possesion of certain French families while they occupied France.

America nabbed a few becuase of their propulsion tech and many of the SS members were privy to rites that were of interest to the Freemasons.
They were original documents concerning the exorcisim rite performed by Jesus Christ, written in Greek.
I am almost 100% that this is what the Voynich Manuscript translates to describe, but the translation remaining hidden or more likely lost forever.

The rite didn't just speak about how to take demons out of a body, but how to manifest them for ones benefit and pleasure. This is what the mystery schools of Judeo-Christianity eventually taught their initiates. Evil stuff.

So now you can see how Christianity has literally demonized itself, and barely needs me at all to wake people up to its attrocities. But its whatever...

Wat up vjr!

yah but he was talking about a debate....

i just finished debating someone who kept connecting atheism to the holocaust

Like i said, Hitler knew about God... he chose materialism over spiritualism....

As i've said he learned how to manipulate people with arm jestures and the "way he speaks"....theres no doubt he was into much deeper "evil" things... Watch one of his speaches!!!

I don't even understand German, but you can see what kind of speaker he was...unlike anyone whos ever been recorded on video.....truely just to watch him speak in public is incredible!!

As i've said in previous threads "magic(k) exists"

Some things in this world exist regardless of peoples belief...

edit on 9-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join