It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H5N1 fast spreading globally.. pandemic threat to food supplies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

We now declare an H5N1 avian bird flu pandemic is underway in animals

theextinction... protocol.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/we-now-declare-an-h5n1-avian-bird-flu-pandemic-is-underway-in-animals/

Avian Influenza Mutation, H5N1 H5N1 is a type of avian influenza virus (bird flu virus) that has mutated through antigenic drift into dozens of highly pathogenic varieties. The first of these appeared in China in 1996 in birds and in Hong Kong in 1997 in Humans.

This infection of humans coincided with an epizootic (an epidemic in nonhumans) of H5N1 influenza in Hong Kong's poultry population. This panzootic (a disease affecting animals of many species esp. over a wide area outbreak was stopped by the killing of the entire domestic poultry population within the territory. The name H5N1 refers to the subtypes of surface antigens present on the virus: hemagglutinin type 5 and neuraminidase type 1.

www.avianinfluenza.org...

Japan, Bangladesh battle new H5N1 outbreaks

More H5N1 avian influenza outbreaks at farms in Japan and Bangladesh have triggered fresh rounds of culling to control the spread of the disease, according to media reports. The outbreak in Japan hit a broiler chicken farm in Miyazaki prefecture, and 33,000 birds were culled yesterday, Kyodo News reported today. The outbreak is Miyazaki's 13th H5N1 eruption and pushes Japan's count of recent H5N1 outbreaks at farms to 22. In Bangladesh, livestock officials detected the H5N1 virus on a farm in Chittagong division's Noakhali district in the southeastern part of the country, after about 600 chickens died suddenly on Mar 1 and 2, bdnews24.com, a Dhaka-based news service, reported yesterday. The findings led to the culling of 6,500 birds on the farm on Mar 5. In other developments, Indian authorities are poised to begin culling birds at a government poultry farm in Tripura state after rapid tests detected an H5 virus, the Indo-Asian News Service (IANS) reported yesterday. The tests were conducted after 400 of the farm's birds died suddenly. If further testing confirms the H5N1 virus, 7,000 birds will be destroyed, making it the second outbreak to hit Tripura state in recent weeks. The state, located in northeastern India, borders Bangladesh, which has reported several recent H5N1 outbreaks.

www.cidrap.umn.edu... flu/news/mar0711newsscan-br.html

www.birdfluresearch.com...

In Birds H5N1 Is Exploding

[url=______beforeitsnews/story/462/739/In_Birds_H5N1_Is_Exploding.html]______beforeitsnews/story/462/739/In_Birds_H5N1_Is_Exploding.html[/ur l]

Animal health experts are expected to begin inspecting a number of poultry farms today after three wild swans tested positive for the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu.

Restrictions on the movement of captive birds are in place following the discovery of the dead swans on the Abbotsbury Swannery, an open reserve in the Chesil Beach area of Dorset, during routine surveillance.

www... .dailymail.co.uk/news/article-507418/Bird-flu-probe-widens-3-infected-swans-nature-reserve-owned-Britains-richest-women.html

Via Japan Today: 33,000 chickens culled after 13th case of bird flu in Miyazaki. Around 33,000 broiler chickens were culled Sunday at a poultry farm in the town of Kadogawa, Miyazaki Prefecture, after the 13th case of bird flu in the prefecture was confirmed the previous day, prefectural officials said. Sunday’s cull brought the total number of chickens slaughtered at poultry farms in the prefecture to around 990,000 since the first case of infection was confirmed in the city of Miyazaki

www.virusinfluenza.net...

Chicken, duck, and turkey culls are happening globally, and the disease seems to be picking up steam.

Japan has culled nearly a million birds so far, and South Korea even more.

Seems like besides the crossover threat (60% mortality for humans who catch it, thankfully it's hard to catch...so far), the pressure on already skyrocketing food prices can't possibly be good.

Too damn many things are going south at the same time, folks: if you haven't starting stocking up on food, it may be too late very, very soon.

Good luck to us all, we're gonna need it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here we go again...Dance puppets......Control by fear...Get those shots you might die if you don't get them.....OMG.....Price of poultry will be driven through the roof....Hurry hurry....Stock up !!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm paranoid (although I do like this site, so draw your own conclusions) but it seems that there is just a massive level of manipulation going on in the world right now...

Skyrocketing prices in food, oil, and other commodities
Economic instability in what were once blue-chip, rock-solid markets and countries
Crazy and extreme weather
Civil unrest around the globe

... just so many of these things could be attributed to some form or button-pushing or another, and there are just too many things stacking up into the "perfect storm" scenario to be simply coincidence.

All of this towards what end? NWO? What will be left in order to press a new world order on humanity?

Maybe the Myans were on to something. It sure seems like events are linking up and building towards something rather catastrophic and life/world changing.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

No offense, but have you followed the course of the H5N1 outbreaks these past two years?

I take it you didn't review the links.

This season's spread is quite remarkable for the extent and speed with which it's been moving.

I just think added to all the oil shocks, and crop damage, it needs to be kept in the forefront. there is no doubt whatsoever that food supplies are tight globally and the prices high and moving higher.

That may not bother you, but for those on the lower end of things, it is significant.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Just a thought, Most of the people who got H5N1 were from third world area's. Third world area's have a higher death rate from normal strains of influenza. What do you think the death rate would be in countries with better healthcare and cleaner environments? Would it be 60% or lower. Does anybody know the percentages between normal season influenza third world vs first world?
Plus if it were to become a human pandemic it would need to alter in some way, the reason it doesn't spread to humans like normal influenza is due to body temp differences between birds and humans. So if/when it does it could be alot worse or not as severe.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
more depopulation tools are being used as the global awakening takes place
the ptb would rather unleash a plage than allow us to be free
a smaller poulation is much easyer to keep dumb and hungry
instead of a large hungry angry poulation

vote the bums out and make lobbing illegal

xploder

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
Perhaps I'm paranoid (although I do like this site, so draw your own conclusions) but it seems that there is just a massive level of manipulation going on in the world right now...

Skyrocketing prices in food, oil, and other commodities
Economic instability in what were once blue-chip, rock-solid markets and countries
Crazy and extreme weather
Civil unrest around the globe

... just so many of these things could be attributed to some form or button-pushing or another, and there are just too many things stacking up into the "perfect storm" scenario to be simply coincidence.

All of this towards what end? NWO? What will be left in order to press a new world order on humanity?

Maybe the Myans were on to something. It sure seems like events are linking up and building towards something rather catastrophic and life/world changing.

Just an exquisite post! why i come here to ATS. Im going to start handing out awards for great posts, i think.

Your all educated, you know the impact oil prices will have on food. From fertilizer to shipping and packaging. Oil is an integral part of our food supply chain. All four of your observations are interacting with food prices right now.

Many "sources" here on ATS, and across the web speak of "useless eaters" and depopulation. The food supply will be impacted, and is currently being stressed in order to set up a false famine. So be prepared. i personally believe that the USA and Europe will fare better than other continents.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

No offense, but have you followed the course of the H5N1 outbreaks these past two years?

I take it you didn't review the links.

This season's spread is quite remarkable for the extent and speed with which it's been moving.

I just think added to all the oil shocks, and crop damage, it needs to be kept in the forefront. there is no doubt whatsoever that food supplies are tight globally and the prices high and moving higher.

That may not bother you, but for those on the lower end of things, it is significant.

Actually, yes I have, it started just as the H1N1 swine flu was ending, it was already predicted the the H5N1 would be more devastating. But please do not take the numbers they are throwing out of context. These deaths are mostly in areas where people are unprotected, poor health care and malnutrition, low income, poor living conditions areas.

Once this virus hits the western part of the world, where we have already started producing some sort of vaccine to counter it and where most of the population will blow it off faster than the normal influenza season virus, most will have jumped on the fear wagon, gotten their free vaccines and the "Gummit" will be happy that their fear control test has worked once again.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
more depopulation tools are being used as the global awakening takes place
the ptb would rather unleash a plage than allow us to be free
a smaller poulation is much easyer to keep dumb and hungry
instead of a large hungry angry poulation

vote the bums out and make lobbing illegal

xploder

Yeah, because flus never happened before right?
I mean, diseases? Pfffft, it's all a tool by the PTB

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Actually, I'm not at all worried about any cross-genic transmission...as I stated above, H5N1 is quite hard for humans to catch: you actually have to handle a sick bird. Although I've begun to hear of isolated cases where there was no apparent contact...that needs careful watching. If H5N1 crosses paths with H1N1, the results could really be devastating. But so far it looks like we're safe.

I'm not sure about the Third World thing...is china Third World? They've had up to 75% mortality with it amongst human victims.

My main concern is the massive destruction of bird flocks that is being done to stop it. Absolutely necessary, but at what cost? I've noticed fewer chicken breasts and such available already, and the prices for what is there have increased. The economic consequences may be short-term, but right now, every price increase is painful. If more and more flocks must be destroyed, what will that do to the price of chicken and eggs?

What with increases in grains and all other foodstuffs, this could well get serious quickly.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Once this virus hits the western part of the world, where we have already started producing some sort of vaccine to counter it and where most of the population will blow it off faster than the normal influenza season virus, most will have jumped on the fear wagon, gotten their free vaccines and the "Gummit" will be happy that their fear control test has worked once again.

And we know all about how healthy those vaccines are and how our government is prepared to protect the companies making them!
edit on 14-3-2011 by RickyD because: grammer

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I've been tracking this season's H5N1 outbreaks since January:

WHO: "H5N1 Bird Flu is Back" …and Infects Fish Too

FYI - H5N1 has been endemic in Indonesia and Egypt (at least) for years - and pops up every flu season. This year IS bad though - millions of birds have been culled already. But there haven't been any clusters confirmed in people, and it doesn't look like it's spreading easily between people. Yet.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I agree, this year is bad.

As for human transmissability, it seems to be getting easier for it to infect humans. I ran across a chilling series of articles from 2005-2008 from different authors and sources, all reputable, that shows the increasing frequency of human risk while answering a comment in this thread:

It gets worse in Japan: H5N1 pandemic now in Chiba City chickens

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join