It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Jobs and what types are listed in your local news paper?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This Question is primarily for those of us in the U.S. but I would like to know the availability of work in this country and I am sure there are others out there that are curious as well. In yesterdays local News Paper there were 15 want ads this is actually up from an average of 5 over the last year.

ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for
Hand Buffers and Polishers

ASSISTANT CREW CHIEF APPRENTICE

CASHIER/STORE CLERKS

CONVENIENCE STORE / DELI needs a reliable, hardworking person for weekends and nights.

DAIRY BARN is accepting applications for all positions for seasonal employment.

FAST PACED Dental office looking for Assistant, part time, 1 to 2 days a week

MARKETING/SALE CONSULTANT

OFFICE ASSISTANT, Commission on Aging, Permanent Part time

OTR SEMI TRUCK DRIVER, long haul. Clean driving record, able to go to Canada, home often

PRODUCTION OPENINGS
hand assembly of wiring harness. Candidates must be able to stand for 10 hours a day while working repetitively with your hands, lifting up to 40lbs and bending and stooping.

RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
Hourly + commission position requires sales experience. Accepting full or part-time applicants. Job requires extensive customer service & a desire to succeed based on sales performance. Knowledge of Cellular Phones and Satellite TV will enhance the opportunity for success.

SEASONAL WORK May-August
Local aerial application company seeking ground crew personnel.

TOOL & Die Makers
seeking experienced tool & die makers due to growth!Experience in progressive, transfer and/or line dies required. Day and night shifts available.

WANTED RESPONSIBLE person with experience to milk and do farm chores on dairy farm. Must have driver’s license and have dependable transportation.

seeking hard working self motivated, experienced landscape foremans and laborers. Candidates must have 2 years experience with another company, be flexible with hours, lift 70 lbs. pass a drug test + lifting physical. Chauffeurs license medical card a must, CDL a plus.

I have removed the identifying information and just posted the job description where listed.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I live in a town with 70,000 people. In the papers There are 4 listings. Each listing is for per diem healthcare workers. Last year there were about 25 postings. I have been looking for weeks. Even in the larger towns/cities with about 400,000 people there are only about at most 25-40 postings. Mostly healthcare and construction (all part-time)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by syncelebrity

Hi their it's unfortunate about the employment situation in the US at the moment. We are doing pretty well in Australia, I just checked out jobs in my local area population 75-100k and there are 605 jobs listed covering almost all sectors with a range from entry level positions to upper managment. Then i did another search for Full time only in all of Australia and i came up with 124,615 jobs. We are about to go through another major skills shortage again so there should be plenty of jobs coming up for people that want to come over on a 457 Visa.(I don't know how one does this). The current unemployment rate is sitting around 5% but i don't know of anyone that couldn't get a job if the were trying.

Regards,

Tlas

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Buffalo News, Monday 03/07/2011.
4 one inch columns, aprox. 50 posted openings.
Population 250,000.
You really have to see this to believe it, here are some hilights...........
Automotive- 1 opening.
Collections- 1 opening.
Management/Professional- Zero openings.
Part Time/ Temporary- 1 opening.
Restaurant/ Food Service- 1 opening.
Bear in mind the population for Buffalo proper is 1/4 million, the greater Buffalo area has a population of well over one million.
One job opening posted for every 20,000 residents.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Does not supprise me in the least. My area has approximately 13,600 people.
Devided by the 15 jobs listed is about 900 people per job, still not real good odds.
Unemployment rate (Official) is at 17%
Recent job growth is Negative.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Tons and tons of commission jobs, sales jobs (from phones, insurance, cable etc) and a few adds for strippers.

new topics

top topics

join