It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me, or has reality become really screwy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't think I am finding reality any more or less "screwy" but I definitely can relate to this post.

Originally posted by Realtruth
You can count me in as well.

I have been finding myself void of things I always remember. My memory is IMO almost photographic and my long term memory and recall is way above the norm.

I have also found amazing synchronicities occurring daily.

I also feel a great deal of yearning for something that is just not there, something that I can't seem to find in my everyday reality, but I know is there.

Maybe the veil will lift soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I know exactly what you're saying. You just described a typical day for me, only you probably described it better than I could have!

First of all, my memory is crap. T-total crap! I'm almost 35 so not THAT old, LOL! But what I find weird is that my son, who is almost 16, is complaining of the same thing. I'll be doing something and forget what I'm doing, right in the middle of it. I hate that. My son says he can't remember anything. He does well in school, but other than that, he's all over the place.

Synchronicities that used to happen maybe once a month, now happen several times a day. It's like my kids read my mind or something. I'll be thinking something completely random and then one of them will say it out loud. It doesn't even surprise me anymore, it happens so often.

I walk around with my brain in a fog all the time. I swear, I just can't think straight anymore! I am going off of zoloft and it has been difficult, because I was on a 200mg dose, so that very well could have something to do with the brain fog, but it's still annoying.

I honestly thought it was just me, so reading your post was very shocking!

I have so many mixed emotions that I don't know whether I'm coming or going. Again, could be zoloft withdrawals, but the other weird stuff can't be.

Another thing I've noticed that is actually to my benefit is that I will think of something... random questions are always popping into my head. Anyway, not long after I think of whatever question, I'll get the answer. It'll come to me in some weird, random way, without me even looking for it.

I didn't really believe anything about this whole increased consciousness or whatever, but SOMETHING is up!

Oh, another thing I've noticed is that my dreams are INSANE!!! A couple nights ago, I had a dream that I was with a group of people and we were all running from another group of people, yet we were hiding in plain site. We were brain washing these people into believing we were as bad as them, because if we didn't, they would kill us. We were having to run away at the same time and in order to know the escape route, we had to find these tiny little carvings of eyes and then we knew that marked part of the route. It was crazy and creepy as hell! I have dreams similar to that nearly every night.

I believe in some weird stuff, but besides that, I like to think I'm fairly level headed, but lately, I've just felt like I'm losing my mind.

Reality is definitely screwy!
edit on 3/9/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i learned that i can happily sleep untill 5 pm. also i dream about metal gear/COD type scenarios with added dinosaurs.
being redundant and playing too much video games is nothing to do with it, theres definatly something up.
probably a cosmic alighnment messing with my vibrational frequencys. eh no big deal.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I too have noticed this. In fact I made a thread here on ATS back in 10/08 about about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It is not just you. Something is really happening and now as each day goes by more and more people are starting to take notice of it. Not really sure what "IT" is but is messing with the very reality around us. I am looking for Ron Serling to step out from around the corner and say '"Wecome to the Twilight Zone" at any minute.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

wow i can relate to all of that.

hit all the nails on all the heads.

eta: although im not on zoloft
edit on 9-3-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Yep, I also have this thing where like things are popping up immediately after thinking of them. Like the other day I was stressed and thought "I need a distraction" when I was walking down the hallway. Not even 2 seconds later, I saw one of my friends and talked to him for a bit.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I had a funny experience waking up today, I awoke to the sound of a resonating hum, and what was like a swirling sound, my eyes were open, and there was a kind of "fog" that was swirling around around me, however, at first, I thought it was some kind of distortion of reality, or some kind of event, however, when I fully opened my eyes it was just that my eyes were adjusting to the light, and there were workmen nextdoor with heavy machinery

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Hello Mossme89.

Thank you for a great OP. I encountered your thoughts in another thread recently, and found them to be both refreshing and imaginative. Thanks for those as well.

In my own experience, I have concluded that similar sensations reflect a slight change in the intensity of your focus on this "version" of reality. In other words, you are [perceptibly] "straddling realities"...for want of a better phrase.

I have found that occasionally you can (and DO) encounter variations on a theme, so to speak; your psychic "peripheral vision" experiencing possibilities and probabilities that lie in wait to be chosen for actualization by given Individuals - but are NOT representative of the facets to the consensus reality you directly observe. For me, the slight disorientation is simply a result of your wearing of the "human costume" - which, by design, is specifically attuned to your waking awareness in order to enhance your participation and enjoyment of this "reality"...

...but you are, in all actuality, not necessarily limited by this circumstance. This premise is the central reason that dreaming is so much fun for me - for during the sleep period, I am not wearing this particular "costume".

A great OP, Mossme89 - a star and a wave in passing.

By the way, I highly recommend deep self-hypnotic trance adventures for fun, surprise and, on occasion, stunning amazement.

Best to All.

Mindpeace

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindpeace

I just noticed you live in Maryland also. So weird? Where are you in MD? I'm in Howard County...

Interesting... So that could explain why i've had a few "flashes" that felt like deja vu, but were different possibilites. For example, last June or so we had a huge thunderstorm. I was standing by the fridge glancing over by the phone. Just then, i remembered a dream i had of that same exact situation, but this girl called me right then saying she was scared. In real life (at least this universe), i had a sort of fallout with her that was really my fault by saying the wrong thing. It makes me wonder if that was a glimpse into another universe, of what could have been. It's sorta sad either way, i regret the situation.

Ooh! You know what's really fun? When you have what i call a semi-lucid dream. It's like when you roll over or something to make you realize you're dreaming, and then do whatever you want. But you can't control the dream, and if you try, the dream almost falls apart.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Coincidence is so common that I tend to ignore it nowadays except when it is ridiculous and involving someone else. Usually it is some urge that makes my future take a different course, but blatantly it can be like me saying something, and then it coming on the radio or being talked about by someone walking by a moment later.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Another "Hello" My Friend.

You said:

"Ooh! You know what's really fun? When you have what i call a semi-lucid dream. It's like when you roll over or something to make you realize you're dreaming, and then do whatever you want. But you can't control the dream, and if you try, the dream almost falls apart."

Believe it or not, you CAN control your dreams. Here's an example:

Several years ago, I had been fascinated with an old black and white photograph of a young Edgar Cayce. As I looked at the picture, Mr. Cayce's demeanor quite literally "morphed" - from a serious expression on his face to his countenance becoming one of laughing out loud. I was nothing short of captivated with this experience...but the adventure had just begun.

Later that evening, and within the hypnogogic state just before lying down for sleep, I suddenly and quite vividly encountered myself as a nine-year-old African American girl. I knew this intuitively, this despite my being a fifty two-year-old man in my waking "reality"...I'm sixty years of age at present. I recall holding my right hand up to the light of a lit candle and marveling at the graceful beauty of the long and delicate fingers, the glow of the candle casting a pleasant softness to the entire scenario.

By the way, at this point I was continuing to sit on the edge of my bed (in my waking "reality") and was quite aware that I was doing so; looking around my bedroom and all the while I was simultaneously aware of the shanty I was living in as the young girl. This shanty, incidentally, was situated in the "Shantytown" section of Hopkinsville, Kentucky, in 1908 - and I knew this intuitively as well.*

*This may sound a bit confusing, but I was having absolutely no difficulty whatsoever navigating between the two distinctly different, yet intimately entwined, "realities". And the photograph of Edgar Cayce was, apparently, the catalyst which provided the basic framework for my hypnogogic adventure.

As the girl, I consciously CHOSE to open the single drawer of the old table upon which the lit candle was resting and noticed there were wooden slats which provided three separate storage areas. In one, I discovered an old and very worn deck of playing cards. In the small area to the right, I found a faded set of dominoes. I gently closed the drawer and, again, I consciously CHOSE to gaze around what seemed to be a single room house.

There were no beds in this room; only khaki cots upon which my family was sleeping. My grandmother was there; so too were my two brothers - one younger than myself, the other a bit older. My mother was asleep three cots away to my left; my father, who I intuitively knew to be a jack-of-all-trades, next to her. To my right was an aged aunt - her false teeth in a glass of water on a small table next to her cot. Her candle wasn't lit. In the center of the room was a Franklin-style pot-belly stove which, apparently, was the sole source for heat and cooking...

...and I intuitively knew that I loved them all.

There were the familiar and comforting sounds in the room; some snoring, the rustling of blankets, my younger brother mumbling in his sleep, the pot of water on the stove boiling to provide additional humidity. There were familiar aromas filling the room as well.

And again, remember here that I was also simultaneously aware of my continuing presence in my bedroom; yet I was consciously participating in a reality quite removed from my waking reality - insofar as the respective circumstances are concerned.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For me Mossme89, controlling realities in the dream state, making conscious choices while embroiled in the dream state, is a matter of "hypnogogic preparation". But due to your laser-like waking reality focus, you need practice in easing that tenacious grasp on what most consider to be their one and only "real" reality. Providing suggestions to yourself while entering the hypnogogic state is an excellent method of slowly, but surely, gaining conscious/waking control of whatever circumstance you encounter. Also keep in mind that the various adventures you experience, whatever "realities" you embrace - you, as an Individual - are no less a Creator of those realities than you are when dancing through your waking "reality".

As mentioned previously, I employ self-hypnosis on a daily basis and have become rather adept at going into light, then deeper, trance states. These adventures occur during my waking "daylight" activities as well as sitting on the edge of my bed in the hypnogogic state of awareness. In other words, I "straddle realities" quite often...always by choice...and have fun when doing so.

My apologies for the length of this post, Mossme89.

And, in answer to your question: next door in Montgomery County.

Best Wishes To You And Your Family.

Mindpeace

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Reality sure isn't as screwy for me as it is for you, but i can certainly feel it ungluing. About the bad memory thing, there will come a time, in linear perspective, when humanity will no longer have any memory whatsoever. You will simply realize that everything is now, so you will know what you need to know in whatever reality you are focused on in the now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this! I thought I was going insane! It is comforting to know that others are experiencing the same things I am.

One moment, I will look at the clock and it will be 9am. The next thing I know, it is 3 pm and I have no idea where the time went.

I feel as if I just don't care about what is going on anymore. I feel like I am walking through a "dream" like nothing at all is real. My dreams feel more real than my waking state.

Empathy? Very little. Just don't care anymore. It is almost like I want to surrender myself to something, just not sure what it is.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I'm definitely noticing the synchronicities more and more lately. It seems like every day something coincidental will happen; you know, like talking about a song and then it being the first thing on the radio in the car. Just little things, but it becomes bizarre when it happens so frequently.

And I'm about to go check out that "symptoms of ascension" thread mentioned by another poster...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Trust me you're not the only one... I've felt something that I can only describe as being incredibly distracted, and increasingly bored with everything. It's very frustrating x_x. Same with the "coincidences". In Ethics Class the other day the pineal gland randomly popped into my head... no idea why. Literally 30 seconds later the teacher brought up the gland and how many ancients believed it was the seat of the soul.

The ascension stuff is what I stumbled upon. It's a pretty nice explanation for why I'm so distracted and drained
Better than terminally ill xD

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hi, I thought I'd add my voice to the mix. I agree with what you are saying OP, and can relate to many people in this thread. Memory fading, not being able to concentrate, strange dreams, etc.

One thing in particular that happened the other night is that, at about 4 a.m, my son and I both woke up at the same time from separate nightmares.

Mainly I feel an urgency to spread love. Sometimes I go out with one of my main goals being to smile at and be polite to as many people as I can.

Also, I don't know if this means anything, but I've been OBSESSED with finding instrumental music lately. I don't want to hear any lyrics anymore, only music. I'm just putting it out there on the off-chance that someone else is going through this, too.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

It is you, but then it's me as well. In fact it's all of us.
We are in the middle (yes, middle) of the big Earth change where a bunch of us will cellibrating survival in ten years and a whole lot more of us are going to just be memories.
Cheery huh.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I normally think it is tacky to link your own thread in someone elses thread but,

I am making an exception this one time.

Manifesting an Egg into reality?? Yep, I did it., Link

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I too feel some of the things, my dad occasionally says i go off into space. It does make me realize that maybe I am actually zoning out when he makes this statement. I am always busy processing things i watched/read here on ATS or leaving town and traveling the world when i graduate and finding my true inter-self. I dont think i am "ascending" but more of a coming to grips with reality and what it is to be human.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I've noticed a remarkable increase in reality shifting over the past year, and it seems even more intense than usual this week.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join