It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: If we don't fight, TSA-like security coming to 'sidewalks,' 'football games,' Texas Rep.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

It is correct, Constitutionally speaking that state laws do not trump federal laws, but laws in general do not trump other laws. Legislation is a different matter. The most important thing to understand regarding the arrogance of the "spokesperson" for the DHS is that no amount of legislation trumps unalienable rights. Those rights can be spat on, pissed on, and trampled all over, but no lawful act of legislation can trump the right of an individual.

Agreed. It's too bad though, our state governments are just as corrupt as our federal, because a group of non-compliant states would either force the feds to "aquiesce", or force them to cross the rubicon, showing their full intent. I personally believe the former would happen.

It seems more and more they are trying to provoke us into a confrontation. The more they do this, the more firm we should be in our resolute stance that our freedom exists on an individual level, and we need not mob mentality to defeat mobsters. Make no mistake about it, the DHS are a bunch of mobsters, and to acquiesce to these goons is criminal.

I believe as well this is what they are after. But I also believe the confrontation they're looking for is the variable they know is among the population. The majority at this point still have too much to lose. And will remain compliant to protect their families, and their holdings.
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose". This describes that variable. They're trying to root them out. Bring them out into the open. I believe the Gestapo used similar provocative tactics to push the buttons of those few they knew existed among the population.

I realize, my friend, that you are not one of the ones calling for mob mentality rioting, but I am going to use my reply to you to speak to that call. All we need to do is be us, be free, and refuse to acquiesce. Non acquiescence is the key, particularly when it seems clear that the federal government would love a confrontation. They can quell a confrontation, they can not quell non confront. Do not confront, nor acquiesce to the thugs. Do not ignore them just refuse to acquiesce.

You're right. Mob mentality will not force a retreat of the high-tech gestapo. It will only result in a worst case scenario. The peoples power resides in strategic non-compliance. Our imagination is our only limit here. A nation of discontent individual Americans have the power to collapse corporations and governments without raising a fist.

In the beginning, as it always is in beginnings, only a few will suffer the defeats of individual effort trampled on by mobsters, but soon after, more and more will realize the only way is to not acquiesce, and once that happens, then the only option will be for the government to acquiesce to the people.

At this point in time, it is very few who are willing to be first. Especially when they know the MSM is going to drag their likeness and their name through the mud afterward. However, they can only discredit and criminalize so many citizens before they realize that non-compliance is coming at them from every direction, and the public isn't buying the dehumanization of their fellow citizens anymore.

But then, that is partially why we're at this point at this time, isn't it? Because tptb are quickly realizing that the analytical eye of the population is growing. More and more are exercising their critical faculties. And it is showing up in TV ratings, and online. The latter being the the most effective tool for measuring the temperature of the population ever invented in my opinion.

Great post Jean Paul.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Already too late... The majority of the american publics spirit is already broken.. The clampdown will continue with little resistance..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
This is all the product of a free market with minimal government intervention (Von Hayak policies).

Simply put, security agencies and contractors have a booming market in fearmongering America. If the American government was responsible for its people, it would step in and regulate this TSA madness, but the truth is that it only benefits the US government's agenda to further control its own population.

Controlling the population while deregulating the actions of corporations, really only gives the corporations more power too. Notice the interaction between the US government and its private economic elite? That's called fascism.

If you Americans can't put a stop to this, then at least keep it the hell out of my country.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

TSA is THE GOVERNMENT! The government sucks.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I wonder if Janet Napolitano gets naked for the security scanners. She'd probably break them.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I hope Americans enjoy what can be a watered-down version of the SS. Instead of ex-prisoners to strong arm the public, we have a brainwashed, gullible mass of people who get paid whether or not they believe in what they're doing. The TSA has been proven ineffective at the security they're supposedly tasked with time and time again, so why does their power continue to grow?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I hope we never have anything like the TSA in Australia.

Maybe we do? I don't travel.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Be interesting to see how they would respond were folks to simply boycott those venues where they implemented these new protocols. Imagine a NFL game with noone in attendance, everyone in their cars creating massive traffic jams to avoid trains, concert venues empty. I think they would reconsider those policies rather quickly. Once a number of billionaires started calling the administration complaining, they would think twice about the wisdom of these policies.

Never happen though. Folks will be denied their freedoms to attend a ball game. Sad, but true

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

As some say, "Bread and Circuses" keep the masses happy....

That's why they will probably limit this to those particular kind of venues... they know people care more about entertainment than such trivialities as personal sovereignty and freedom from unwarranted searches.

"It's a small price to pay..." they will say, as they stumble into the stadium with their giant Styrofoam hand making a 'number one' sign.

And those same people will encourage their kids to memorize lifetime performance statistics of athletes; but not be concerned that they don't know the difference between a democracy and a republic.....

Kinda sad really.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

You keep nailing it MM. And its going to stop, bloodshed or not. I am too damned old for a bunch of BS. My patience has expired, and I have served my country. I didn't do that to have the USA turn into the Soviet Union.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

A spokesperson with the Department of Homeland security refused to comment on the pending legislation, but noted that in many cases still, state laws do not trump the federal government.

This is quite telling, isn't it?
If a few states walk in and arrest some of these guys, and press charges against them, what are the feds gonna do? Bomb them? Oh wait! They might.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

Then the SOBs will find out what a State Militia is capable of. Every male between 18 and 55 is automatically a member of the Virginia State Militia. My ass would be going home, with weapons, to stand up for my state. If the yankees think the Civil War was rough, piss us off now.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Already too late... The majority of the american publics spirit is already broken.. The clampdown will continue with little resistance..

Don't bet on that horse Expat. My blood's boiling already and a there's a lot of other guys and girls I served with who feel the same way. We will not let this country go down the toilet without a fight. We will honor the Constitution we swore to, and we will defend it - come hell or high water. If it's hell, the bastards better be well armed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join