It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: If we don't fight, TSA-like security coming to 'sidewalks,' 'football games,' Texas Rep.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Exclusive: If we don't fight, TSA-like security coming to 'sidewalks,' 'football games,' Texas Rep. warns

www.rawsto ry.com

"We're talking about what would be a criminal act in any other place," Rep. David Simpson (R) told Raw Story on Monday. "If you viewed someone naked without their permission or consent, or as a condition of travel, it would be sexual harassment or vouyerism. If you touched people's privates, that would be sexual assault.

"This is not a left or right issue," he added. "They are treating American citizens with great indignity, and we've got to make this right."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I may be mistaken, but hasn't it ALREADY started at football games? Didn't these folks have a strong presence at the recent Superbowl? I know Napolitano's banners of "If you see something, say something" fear-mongering were all over the place.

But as this lawmaker alludes to, they already have shown their desire to expand their intrusive operations into virtually every avenue of americans lives, as was recently exposed through released FOIA documents outlining their broad-sweeping plans.

Nice to see at least SOME of our congressmen standing up for the "little people" and recognizing how disgusting and illegal this group's treatment of the populace is. Sad that he's in the minority here.

www.rawsto ry.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sadly, people will just go along with it as with everything else.

It is a shame people do not make their stances on principal anymore. I do hope that this is beginning to change. It is almost sickening how people in oppressed countries are using aspects of the American Constitution in essence to claim what should inherently be theirs to begin with while we cower in fear while we continue to let people walk all over us. We still refuse to make sacrifices for the greater good.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The people's opponent is an invisible belief system. We are all "the people", but some who don't want to let go of what they have and whom always want more, they manipulate the belief system and it spreads through the population like a virus. To me it's a mental virus, especially See Something Say Something, that's so specific and will no doubt bring in many legit calls to DHS. lmao

The only information most people get is from the TV & radio, and also what the majority seem to believe in based on the TV/radio. It's a good system for them, they must be getting more paranoid than ever to expand this ridiculousness.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

S & F. It might just take somebody going medieval on a TSA agent to get the frustration level across. This crap has to stop and TSA needs to be disbanded. Fatherland security needs to be trashed as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
gotta do more than protest* people gotta go on whorded masses, break windows, destroy theinside of TSA spary apint graffiti all over it (swastikas come to mind) gotta let em know somhow its unnaceptable! fight for yuor rights and freedom, or remain silent and forever be stepped on.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Let them pull me over to a TSA check point on a highway or interstate, or on a sidewalk. They'll discover very quickly that I carry concealed, and that I take our Constitution very seriously. I didn't serve a hitch for this kind of crap to be happening.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

It might be more productive to take over some of the air waves to get real non-airbrushed information to people.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

A spokesperson with the Department of Homeland security refused to comment on the pending legislation, but noted that in many cases still, state laws do not trump the federal government.

This is quite telling, isn't it?
If a few states walk in and arrest some of these guys, and press charges against them, what are the feds gonna do? Bomb them? Oh wait! They might.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
To me it's a mental virus, especially See Something Say Something, that's so specific and will no doubt bring in many legit calls to DHS. lmao

Meh. Same in England. Keep hearing an advert on the radio thats something like this:

"Most people who ring the Anti-Terrorist Hotline say 'It's probably nothing.' And, it probably IS nothing. But what if it isn't nothing? If you see anything suspicious, call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline."

Seriously, could they not give an example?

But WHY is there so much security now? There hasn't been a terrorist attack for a while now, but still security is getting tougher and tougher.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

"This is not a left or right issue," he added. "They are treating American citizens with great indignity, and we've got to make this right."

Amen to that statement.

I am tracking HHB 1937 and HB 1938.. They are currently referred to committee.. Hopefully they survive.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The entire security apparatus has become a joke. The airport searches, scans and pat downs, cameras everywhere (except, of course when a law enforcement officer is taking some action towards a citizen, then the cameras are illegal), now to be pat downs, searches and scans on other forms of transportation and anywhere there is a public gathering.

For what purpose? What happens when someone goes on in and blows up a Taco Bell? Are they going to pat us down when we go for a burger next?

When everything is a priority, nothing is a priority, and doing that kind of intrusive search to go watch a ball game is absurd. It certainly is absurd when over 80% of the containers that enter a US port are not searched in the least. How about we do a bit of practical prioritization on how we spend our security dollars?

The theme which underscores this entire push for greater security is a mistrust of the citizens of the country, plain and simple. I posted a thread a couple of days ago about how DHS had actually contracted with a firm to perform mobile, covert body scans that would subject folks to unknown doses of radiation in some cases several times a day.

Where is the public discussion on these things? Where is the cost/benefit analysis? Where are the real life examples of how these measures make us safer by coming out with "Mustaffa here was nabbed trying to get into the USC/ASU game with explosives. We caught him with the pat down and noticed that he had the explosives attached to his genitals". We get nothing but they only tell us that we need more. More agents, more cameras, more intrusiveness, more surveilance, just more. No discussion as to how effective it all is.

How about we have an opt-in? Let folks decide. This event will not be subject to security screenings, enter at your own risk.

When you think about the lost productivity in terms of time waiting in lines, funds misdirected to needless staff and technical infrastructure, it is absolutely mind boggling.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I used to doubt this, but could it really be that security isn't the objective here?

Could it be that they want the American people to acquiesce to increased authority for the government in exchange for less personal sovereignty for the citizen?

Why are we being asked to consider it normal for all of us to be treated as 'suspect' in all public places?

We know the threat is outrageously overstated; we know that nearly everyone they've "caught" was either not a threat, a threat they created themselves for show, or some kind of mental defective.... the statistics don't indicate this is reasonable.... so who is the driver behind this.... the MIC, the federal government, some cabal of reptilians?
edit on 8-3-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
America is the quintessential pervert uncle, cowing it citizens with images of constant supervision and casual molestation. "I have power over you...never forget that. I can watch you...I can listen to your phonecalls and if I want to touh you....to see your body...I am within my rights because I am bigger than you. And even if you tell....no one will believe you. It will get swept under the rug because the other family members dont want to believe that I am capable of perversion. They dont want to believe that someone they love would have ill intentions. and therein lies my power....mwahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Eventually the police will have mobile TSA equipment on their vehicles so they can see inside cars, houses and your pockets. A less evasive frisk will be the excuse.

Wanted to add that I dislike when "What are you worried about if you got nothing to hide" is muttered.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Wanted to add that I dislike when "What are you worried about if you got nothing to hide" is muttered.

Agreed.. I hate that as well.. I usually reply with "If I have nothing to hide, why are you looking?"

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The congressman is proposing this leglislation to halt the TSA sexual molestion of America because Texas Tea Party voters demanded our rights be restored and the Department of Homeland Security be reigned in during the last election. We had a lot of Tea Party candidates elected here and although they are still outnumbered by Rinos and Democrats, they are making progress and rocking the boat. The Tea Party voters have stayed engaged. We will have more elected next time as we have some DC Senators and Congresscritters who have mistaken themselves for globalist ruler wannbes and have forgotten Texas.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This is all the product of a free market with minimal government intervention (Von Hayak policies).

Simply put, security agencies and contractors have a booming market in fearmongering America. If the American government was responsible for its people, it would step in and regulate this TSA madness, but the truth is that it only benefits the US government's agenda to further control its own population.

Controlling the population while deregulating the actions of corporations, really only gives the corporations more power too. Notice the interaction between the US government and its private economic elite? That's called fascism.

If you Americans can't put a stop to this, then at least keep it the hell out of my country.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wonder how long it will be before they stat uttering the most worrying of sentances

"the innocent have nothing to fear."

people who think like the TSA follow the above quote and belive that no one is innocent.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

A spokesperson with the Department of Homeland security refused to comment on the pending legislation, but noted that in many cases still, state laws do not trump the federal government.

It is correct, Constitutionally speaking that state laws do not trump federal laws, but laws in general do not trump other laws. Legislation is a different matter. The most important thing to understand regarding the arrogance of the "spokesperson" for the DHS is that no amount of legislation trumps unalienable rights. Those rights can be spat on, pissed on, and trampled all over, but no lawful act of legislation can trump the right of an individual.

It seems more and more they are trying to provoke us into a confrontation. The more they do this, the more firm we should be in our resolute stance that our freedom exists on an individual level, and we need not mob mentality to defeat mobsters. Make no mistake about it, the DHS are a bunch of mobsters, and to acquiesce to these goons is criminal.

I realize, my friend, that you are not one of the ones calling for mob mentality rioting, but I am going to use my reply to you to speak to that call. All we need to do is be us, be free, and refuse to acquiesce. Non acquiescence is the key, particularly when it seems clear that the federal government would love a confrontation. They can quell a confrontation, they can not quell non confront. Do not confront, nor acquiesce to the thugs. Do not ignore them just refuse to acquiesce.

In the beginning, as it always is in beginnings, only a few will suffer the defeats of individual effort trampled on by mobsters, but soon after, more and more will realize the only way is to not acquiesce, and once that happens, then the only option will be for the government to acquiesce to the people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join